Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I got banned from Planet Namek when I was 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like to imagine, before he recognized a pattern, Gero was making a new Android that would for sure be able to take down Goku - and then his scouting units detected Goku's latest bullshit powerup and Gero had to start from scratch.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Bee posted:

Forget the noodle people complaints for a second. That is the least spiky looking Saiyan I've seen, and that makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Nappa.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Monaghan posted:

Piccolo's a super difficult cosplay, so I'll give props to this guy for doing a good job of it.

Yeah his solution for Piccolo's arms works well.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Fuckin’ TURTLE?!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Android 35, surely.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
And yet, the escalation and plotting and character moments of the Android/Cell saga is easily my favorite.

I see why he’s called the best.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Raxivace posted:

Maybe it could work like a beam struggle, except instead of beam struggling you skate up your opponent's attack.

It’d be an ultimate that works best as a counter to an opponent’s ultimate.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dragonball is kind of a dumb show for kids, maybe?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Maybe. They're doing a Christmas Day release according to their latest update, and it looks like it's going to be the Hatchiyack movie.

Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I don’t get it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I've been rewatching Kai and I'm up to the Android arc, or as I like to call it "The Humbling of Vegeta", and oh man is watching 18 deflate Vegeta's swollen head satisfying. :allears:

More like the Hype Train and It’s Subsequent Derailment. Vegeta vs 19 is legitimately cool and a great re-establishing moment for his character.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Carlosologist posted:

Goku redoing his battle with Grandpa Gohan while waiting for Baba to bring back Frieza was an underratedly sweet moment

Yeah. It made me tear up a bit when someone showed the animation side by side. Goku was reliving his last memories of his Grandpa.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
God the Tournament of Power has really been the longest wet fart in anime history.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I’m sad to hear about this maybe being the end for TFS. Honestly, the only reason I give a poo poo about Dragonball now is because of the work they put into it. I started watching around episode 8 or 9, and followed it ever since. I’m gonna re-watch everything when it’s done.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder how far along DBZA is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I just want TFS to release the final episode. Then ten years of my life can finish since I’ve been following these fools for a fuckin’ while.

I wish they had the clout to bid for an official dub from Toei, but I know they don’t.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It’s a testament to Toriyama’s writing that Dragonball has these really major storytelling flaws (saiyan supremacy, ‘who’s strongest’ rather than ‘who’s most clever,’ eventual samey fights in late z) but he still had a compelling interesting story each arc, even if Buu fell apart about half way through.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Nanigans posted:

That looks awful.

Yeah. I’m all for fanart, but those faces do not fit in with Dragonball.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kild posted:

which is funny because oozaru vegeta was the strongest guy not named Freeza (and beerus and buu)

I always liked that detail. It told you a lot about why Vegeta was as proud and confident as he was, because to the best of his knowledge he could take on everyone but Frieza 1-on-1 before his tail got cut off. And yet, it’s a really obvious trick once he does it, so he’d rather kick rear end in his regular form.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hell yeah finally!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

seiferguy posted:

Can't wait to see right wing memes featuring Broly about how him getting spanked as a kid taught him self respect and wasn't at all damaging to his mentality.

W...what?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blaze Dragon posted:

Anything is better than GT Goku's original outfit. Though if you ask me, the red fur and red pants just combine into too much red and make it hard to know where the fur ends and the cloth begins.

Good. The red hair is stupid.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Excuse me but Vegito beat up Buu as a Jawbreaker, the strongest candy, not a bon-bon.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Star Man posted:

Yeah, that all took a turn for the worst when Android 16's head gave his speech. That's the kind of poo poo Cell would say and he already did.

I also don't understand why Episode 60 has multiple parts. Just call part 2 "Episode 61" ya dinguses.

Vegeta finale was episode 10, Frieza finale was 30, Cell is 60. If the pattern follows, then Buu finale will be 100.

Also I think they’re going to release part 2 soon and not another loving year from now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hot take: I think Japanese fans have awful taste, based on their popularity poll results.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Calaveron posted:

Goten should've grown up into a lankier, gawky Goku

Honestly, skinny Goku would've been a good look.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Billzasilver posted:

Why do pedophiles always feel so comfortable defending other pedophiles here on SA?

They think it's like the rest of the internet, where people will just let them make poo poo up to prove their point.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pureauthor posted:

After he got hit by Kaioken 4 Kamehameha Vegeta seemed more outraged than actually injured. And yeah, it was at that point that if he'd just flown back down he'd have crushed the rest of the competition.

But then he had to use up a lot of power making the fake moon, and then he got his tail cut off, and then he got Spirit Bombed.

And then Great Ape Gohan landed on him as the perfect capper for the day

If TFS ever actually does Majin Vegeta I want them to have Goku point out that Vegeta had their first fight won before he resorted to a gimmick, just to have Vegeta completely lose his poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Aw man, the B-team is done.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Why does this keep getting posted?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Burkion posted:

Because it does look like boiled rear end a third of the time, it can excel and have flame-broiled rear end animation for a

Well a fraction of that, but when it looks good it looks good

Post your favorite bit of pointlessly gorgeous animation! Mine's the weird thing Cell does with his hands before he decks Goku.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think what it comes down to is that Dragonball isn't as good as the stuff it inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blaze Dragon posted:

Eh, considering how much poo poo it inspired, I'd say it breaks roughly even. And even that's mostly because One Piece exists. Most Dragon Ball wannabes aren't quite as good.

One Piece is like, three dragonballs long at this point.