Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Covok posted:

This is going to sound odd and I'm not an animator and never animated, but I always thought scenes like that were the hardest (or at least hard) thing to animate. By that I mean scenes where the imaginary camera revolves around a target so you slowly see it from different sides. It just seems that you would need more frames to make that look fluid than any other type of motion.

It is hard because it means you cannot just re-use an asset. Depending on what sort of thing you're animating you might be able to redraw only small things like faces, heads, hand/arm movements etc and have the rest of the character remain as-is. But when the perspective itself changes you really cannot do that, you have to redraw the whole thing. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff you can still re-use (and in that gif you can clearly see that in some frame transitions body shapes remain static while only smaller elements move around), but it's still a lot more stuff to do compared to a non-shifting perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The scene with Nigrisshi was just to introduce Universe 3. Since they already went over the robots' lame survival tactics it would have been boring to play it straight during the tournament of power. So we just skipped directly to the "Martial Artist's Superior Tactics Trounce Nerd's poo poo" portion.

I love how U3's nerd poo poo amounts to an amalgamation of "you can't defeat an enemy that does that!" bullshit tactics that collapse the moment they're placed on a real arena against real, seasoned opponents.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

RBX posted:

That's voice lines, his actual voice is just evil Goku.

There's more to the sound than just "evil Goku". Going for "smug rear end in a top hat god" would be closer to it. And that would still not be quite descriptive enough of what they did in Japanese. Aside from being a smug rear end in a top hat God Zamasu was also an idealist that spoke to mortals with contempt moreso than malice or angry hatred in his voice. There is nuance to it that is not entirely captured by "evil Goku".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Kale is definitely in love with Caulifla but the show deliberately makes it unclear how much of it is romantic and how much of it is obsessive/possessive, as well as how Caulifla sees the whole thing (she seems to understand Kale... but she's also a Goku analogue so maybe she thinks of it differently than that because she's dumb as gently caress). Either way they're clearly supposed to be an item, and the show being a kid's cartoon, they'll probably take the safe way out of it by never resolving it in any meaningful way and letting people think what they want.

I'm a bit sad the Pride Troopers ended up jobbing as they did (especially their dropping their "pride" and trying to gank when they lost one of their guys). The army man in particular was hyped up for a bigger payoff than what we got. At least Ribrianne feels more like the kind of curveball character that ends up sweeping, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up for a Goku/Ribrianne/Hit/Jiren free-for-all finale.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Jedah posted:

I really like Kale and Caulifla, and I'm cool with them going SSJ, too.

But man, Vegeta's transformation into SSJ was still one of the coolest moments. He's alone, training on some god-forsaken planet (or moon), fighting against a gigantic meteor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22HCEaVBEE

Totally over-the-top dramatic scenes like this one and Future Trunks freaking out over dead Gohan were

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My impression of Kale specifically was that her transformation is based off envy rather than anger, which is why she doesn't go regular SSJ. There is definitely room for expansion in her stuff and that alone makes her interesting.

The_Frag_Man posted:

When future Trunks went back to a different future, was Bulma still alive? Do they still have a time machine? I hope he comes back. Maybe he has a kid with Mai. :3:

Yeah, the timeline Whis sent them to was one where the Zamasu/Black stuff never happened so Bulma should still be alive. But there is also another version of Trunks and Mai for whom that's their "home" timeline so it's complicated.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Bell_ posted:

That's only true last week. She did it the Vegeta way this week. The U6 Saiyans are really new at this, but they develop quickly with the limited time they're given since their introduction. I bet if Kale masters her SSJ form shown this week she'll stay in it full time like Jennifer Walters.

That's a lot like learning how to control it though, like how every other saiyan goes SSJ with back tingles instead of feeling angry. I feel like the basis for it is envy, with Kale being angry at herself that she's not measuring up.

Jedah posted:

Should I add Vegeta's armor to the little discourse chef? Or maybe his pink collared shirt would be even better.

If it works better for you, there's also the larger version.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

he just sounds like an old lady to me. no clue how he's supposed to sound like a hillbilly just from listening to his japanese va

It makes a bit more sense if you account for the fact that, in many ways, he never grew up. He's a big fight-loving baby child.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

I didn't really watch Dragon Ball as a child but the impression I got from other kids talking about it is that the Greek dub always called him Son Goku, often pronounced fast enough that the two words got merged together into "Sogoku" (with the stress on the go).

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

From that little preview picture it looks like they might be a sorta Vegeta and Nappa kind of duo? That would be interesting to see, but also probably a bit of a stretch of a conclusion to derive from just two small pictures. We'll see.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Android sounds cooler than Cyborg or god forbid ARTIFICIAL HUMAN.

Also there's no real consistency among Gero's creations besides "looks human-ish".

Sorry ARTIFICIAL HUMAN is actually awesome.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Episode was good, 17 owns. A shame for all the reused animation in it, but they get a pass on repeating the transformation by being self-aware with Beerus and Champa going "from there?" when they saw they started as far back as the U2 GoD preluding it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

dr.acula posted:

What I would give to see a movie about the time-line Goku showed up to fight Freeza and his Dad

That's a timeline that doesn't have Trunk's kickass '80s time traveler theme and thus completely inferior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Watch it be that he only figures it out because Caulifla got him thinking about back tingles and he reverse engineered their reverse engineering.