Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

a cartoon duck posted:

It might be a bit of a spoiler but what I think this OP really needs is a gif of Zamasu and Zamasu hugging evilly.

^^^^
This, it really is so good just spoiler it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Zedd posted:

And this is to go even further beyond.
I'm sorry this one took so much longer then the others you can call this Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

I want this to happen so bad.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Black August posted:

I figured the aim was that U6 and U7, alone, were so close to each other as to be more reflections, twinned by their Destroyers. The other universes share a more overall thematic link, like the Sentai/Sailor sort of split, instead of being close enough to share the same species and concepts.

I wonder what the story is around Beerus and Champa since GoD's in the other universe come form their own universe expect for Beerus and Champa who are siblings.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

the U6 Namekians are actually the pirates

Would make sense since Saiyans are the good guys

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Not really, you'd expect Universe 7 to have to struggle against a huge amount of tough opponents and only come out on top by the skin of their teeth, that's dramatic. Instead they just end up curb-stomping all-comers and the very concept of the arc feels like a bit of a waste if the only particularly dangerous opponents end up being Jiren, Hit (if even) and Kale.

But it's only been like 15 minutes right? Not yet.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

I like the tail and the fur make saiyans at least a little alien how ssj4 came about is dumb but the oozaru like saiyan is cool as a concept. Iwould also make U6 and U7 saiyans different somehow

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

sassassin posted:

There's literally a cyborg in the sequence that prompted this discussion.

All filler is canon. Read the text as it exists.

Too obvious 2/10

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Glagha posted:

Actual question: Has Jiren even spoke yet? His MO seems to be eternally staring silently at the poo poo going on and only occasionally stepping in to do one move to show he's a badass before going back to doing nothing.

Once or twice to Toppo

amigolupus posted:

It's freakouts like this that makes me wish they'd include announcers in DB FighterZ :v:

Was there a ton of backlash in the Japanese boards when it was revealed the losers would have their universe deleted? It makes me wonder if the writers were gauging the fan reactions and panicked that Goku is being considered the bad guy, so they hastily tried to walk it back.

Don't know about Japan but the American boards were like what the hell? We definitely were having fun going in on Goku.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 28, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are also expanding rapidly into other things which probably has eaten up a lot of time

This is probably the reason they're doing serious VA stuff way more often good on them.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Trunks timeline died but low and behold there was an entirely new timeline waiting for trunks in which they all existed and none of the bad things even happened.

So I don't think it's as dark your making it out to be.

There's also a Trunks and Mai already in that universe so he still can't see his Mom without hiding she'd probably be cool with it though.

Also Goku is a terrible candidate for a GoD destruction and Vegeta probably won't want to leave his family. The real hint is if Champa starts picking his own successor since U6 and U7 are twin universes. I'm kind of hoping it'll be one of the kids to be honest since Uub is taking the main Goku successor slot so someone else can be GoD

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Plutonis posted:

It's gonna be Piccolo

I like Piccolo as a choice but...

Nessus posted:

Android 17 would be perfect.

17 is the best pick outside of Future Trunks it's like his mindset is molded for it

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

bobjr posted:

If Goku becomes the Turtle Hermit what would Vegeta do then?

Vegeta likes training Saiyans especially (see:Cabba) so probably the same thing with more saiyans instead of humans

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

sassassin posted:

No Dragonball characters look alike that's for sure.

No Toriyama has admitted he's just straight up bad at drawing women and girls whereas Oda can draw women differently but doesn't want to.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

sassassin posted:

I hope no more children are forced into life or death combat situations, regardless of their bloodlines, unless their playtime is responsible for the deaths of trillions

no gods no masters.

Only Goku

Shinjobi posted:

Could Marron beat Goku? Discuss.

I mean Pan beat up Trunks but I guess that depends on how much you think that's just the universe screwing him over again.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I'm calling it now universe 6 is winning this it's like universe 7 but with actual teamwork and laying low

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

genocide isn't a saiyan racial trait. freeza swooped them up and made them his personal planetary extinction squad, then killed them when he got worried that they could get stronger than him. u6's freeza analog made them an interplanetary police force instead, but they still like fighting strong dudes

and really there haven't ever been that many saiyans. if you wanna find a problem here then it's that the saiyans left everyone in the dust ages ago, not that there are too many of them (there are literally two before super, c'mon)

There are 6 though I mean if they count for the SSG ritual it's a Saiyan and no you can't be a 1/4 of something. Anyways ya'll leave lady Goku alone

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but where is King Kai in the celestial pecking order compared to the GoDs and Supreme Kais?

This whole tournament should end with King Kai somehow replacing the Zen-oh's. From now on, all universes will be judged by how funny they are.

Really really low.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Blue Star posted:

people say Goku wasnt going "all out" even in Super Saiyan Blue. Didnt he go Blue when fighting with Krillin? I dont think it proves much in a friendly sparring match. Plus 17 has infinite energy, so that might help him punch "above his weight" because he can go full power all the time without getting tired, so in terms of brute power he may still be lower than Super Saiyan Blue or Super Saiyan God (though not so much lower that he is insignificant to them) but still able to hold his own because of his limitless stamina.

But like I said its baseless. It does kinda miff me that he's stronger than Piccolo. I think they should be on even level. They were dead even in Cell Arc, and Piccolo has gotten stronger since them. So it makes sense that 17 has kept training and kept up with Piccolo. But surpass him? And surpass him by THAT much? Yeah I like 17 too but goddamn, stop making GBS threads on Piccolo so much, Toei.

It could be worse, he could be Tien.

Stairmaster posted:

Piccolo is useless he completed his character arc.

Still has to be the worlds best grandpa that's at least one more heroic sacrifice

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Now that I'm watching the sub, it's very obvious how Goku influenced Luffy. Especially with how he laughs.

But Krillin is Luffy though? Now you can't unhear it, seriously the VA didn't have to use basically the same voice.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Kithkar posted:

Watch it go and be the movie version of the Universe 6 vs 7 tournament.

You know if they do this for every arc I'd be cool with it. There's so much stuff that could be streamlined

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

"A terrible writer" posted:

Midway through the story, enemy characters like Doctor Mu, General Rild, and Baby started popping up, giving a stronger battle tint to the story.
Initially we made about 26 episodes worth of rough plot outlines. But around when the final script for episode 3 was finished, we thought “these travel episodes aren’t going to be interesting no matter how long we keep doing them, are they?” and so we stopped (laughs). That’s why Gill and the spaceship stopped appearing midway through, even though we had sensei go through all the trouble of drawing them for us (laughs).

loving lol they just gave up on the entire concept right away. Between this and the Pan quotes how could you ever defend GT?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

Just straight up "whenever Goku isn't on screen, other characters should be wondering where Goku is."

Like we thought we were being funny by exaggerating joking but it's literally where's Poochie.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

PLague is famously a loving bore and hates fun and admits that upfront and Woolie/Matt/Pat are the same kind of sad nerd that gets mad about someone winning a fight when 'they are canonicallly weaker/have a lower power level than the guy who lost." They've made multiple fighting game LPs that is 60% them saying "well CANON wise this fight should be a blow out!" because beating someone in a fight once somehow means you'd beat them 10/10 times regardless of circumstance.

The best friends are really really dumb when it comes to analyzing or even understand basic narratives or how stories functions.

I said this when people posted that Tien thing he did, being a fun hating dour man is what Plague does and he fully owns it his name is plague of gripes I mean come on it's right there. Same thing with TBF they own it so it doesn't annoy me kinda of know what you're getting into. As opposed to say the kanzenshuu forums where people will make it seem like you're the rear end not them.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Blue Star posted:

I actually like the idea of the Saiyans originating from a different planet than the Tuffles, since the reason why Saiyans were so strong and tough was because their homeworld had 10 times the gravity of Earth. But the Tuffles were a race of weaklings that weren't any stronger than normal Earthlings, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have evolved under the same conditions.

The way i remember it, the Saiyans originally had to leave their homeworld because the Legendary Super Saiyan annihilated their civilization there. So they were nearly wiped out and destitute and the Tuffles allowed them to settle on their planet. Then the Saiyans wiped them out. But this is probably wrong because it would imply that the saiyans came to the Tuffle planet 1000 years ago.

When did the saiyans meet Freeza? Also, have they explained why the U6 saiyans dont have tails?

Saiyan History 101 Have fun

In the anime has Cabba confused when Goku asks him about his tail like U6 saiyans have never had them ,but the manga has Cabba saying they have evolved to not have tails anymore.
http://readms.net/r/dragon_ball_super/008/3194/5

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

so, the result of why the Saiyans got eliminated ultimately is Vegeta's fault? checks out

Yep definitely should've given Beerus the most comfortable pillow

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Squallege posted:

Caulifla is fukken rad

Somebody used the dragonballs because they were salty about Pan never doing cool poo poo in GT and I'm totally okay with it.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Codeacious posted:

Wasn't the point of the whole Bergamo v Goku fight about how getting large is dumb and basically an automatic loss?

Go watch the Vegeta great ape fight he's super fast for something that big. Bergamo's not that big that did you mean the metal man guy?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Actually do people even still look as fondly on Xenoverse 1's story? Like it was a nice change of pace after so many years of Dragon Ball games just being Raditz to Buu played straight, but after all of the Super stuff I wonder if Xenoverse 1's story still holds the same kind of appeal.

I still want to see that 3 way brawl between Gero,Piccolo, and Frieza damnit

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Momomo posted:

I think the Yamcha fans fared better after all this, since he at least got to win at baseball. Tien pretty much got nothing.

Oh god you're right lmao poor Tien.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Oh boy is it the poo poo Toriyama could get away with in the 80s time again. Can't wait until we get to like a good chunk of Dr. Slump. It's some really bad stuff . However poo poo the industry is now it was way ,way worse up until like 2005

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Black August posted:

She gone go full Gotenks

You should never go full Go- they went ssj3 they went full gotenks you IDIOT VEGETABLES

Couldn't let this go. All saiyans are now idiot vegetables forever

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Ginyu looking good, and they have the explosions yall

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Say what you want about the manga but Toyotaro is living the dream it's cool to see him fanboy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Rutibex posted:

As long as they don't go SSj3 they should be fine. I am sure they are not as powerful as Vegitto Blue.

It's being telegraphed super hard that they'll at least try though

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

I wonder if Goku spent any time with Grandpa Gohan when he spent those 7 years dead

People reincarnate after about a year or so unless they keep their bodies.

Blockhouse posted:

Freeza or Mr. Satan really are ideal because you just straight up have tons of money/space money

Mr. Satan isn't even weak he's just not Z warrior strong it's a good deal.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Holy poo poo pro click

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Has 18 ever punched Goku?

Nope ironically.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Momomo posted:

Yeah, the most mind boggling thing about all this is that the writers somehow made "teenage lesbian Broly" work so well, and come off as legit more impressive than the original, while using the corniest resolution possible.

Well cried a lot is easy to top

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Glagha posted:

Man, I only just put together than fully like half of the U7 team are mass murderers.

Piccolo jr has mass murdered no people I can remember so Frieza, Vegeta really . Remember 17 & 18 never actually killed anyone in the this timeline.

KoB posted:

Its funny that it was spelled out in the show multiple times that Zeno was going to wipe them all out anyway and yet people still say this.

The whooshing noise you hear is the joke using instant transmission over your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Kale actually tapping into the enjoyment of the battle really makes me just sad for Gohan more. In fairness, Kale IS a full blooded Saiyan, but :cmon: Gohan, just enjoy a fight without going all bloodlusty already.

He did in the pre fight before the ToP that's about it though. How Gohan acts when he cuts loose has some disturbing implications though.