Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

khwarezm posted:

Can mortals watch Godtube?

No, filthy ningens are banned from Godtube...

Unless they pay $10 month for Godtube Red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Stuffguyman posted:

No character poll just means you gotta make your own character poll.

Well, I guess this is more of an infograph but:

Goku :goku:
Vegeta :ssj:
Krillin :slick:
Piccolo :colbert:
Gohan :emo:
Tien :rolleye:
Yamcha :negative:
Trunks, Goten :sissies:
Master Roshi :frogc00l:
Hercule Satan :staredog:

Shin :kamina:
Beerus :ironicat: :respek: :burger:
Whis :munch:
King Kai :newlol:

Freeza :fuckoff:
Cell :sad:
Buu :yayclod:
Zamasu :godwin:

Master Roshi is more :stalker:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Do not become addicted to senzu beans.

I mean, have you seen what an all senzu bean diet does to a man?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

freeza is :rip: imo

Death Beam/Wave/Saucer/Ball!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I mean it isn't like Broly didn't get absurdly strong absurdly quickly too.

Yeah but the games and movies never seemed to put Broly above SSJ2 so people Who Really Care About Power Levels filed LSSJ at exactly .3563769 as strong as SSB.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

There's going to be some event that derails the tournament and nobody gets erased.

Except the jobber universes like 9 and the robot universe that nobody cares about.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Caidin posted:

The no killing rule is only in there so Hit doesn't sweep the tournament.

The no killing rule is there so the Zen-ohs can take the pleasure of killing them all themselves.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

they erase the afterlife too

even better

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Man there were really getting mileage out of that Helles animation.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Darko posted:

Cell was awesome because he did ALL of the bullshit the heroes did...to the heroes. Running away and hiding power levels, powering up ridiculously in a short time, letting people get away and power up to fight him, etc. He didn't have as much personality as Freeza, but he was still fun.

A lot of how Cell's personality *could be* if revived comes from having him as your trainer in Xenoverse, and he's one of the best trainers because he's so hilarious. He would be a little different than Freeza since he's less of a dick, but he's also more egotistical, somehow, which has the poetential to be hilarious.

Xenoverse Cell was basically Abridged Cell with Damien Clarke dialing up the smug to 11.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Wait who did he eliminate? I actually missed this. :v:

Some jobber from U10.

e: f;b

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Covok posted:

Tien needs an episode like Krillin where he fights the Yardat from U2 and defeats them by using his superior fighting tactics.

Only if he gets suckerpunched by Frost too.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

All the jobber universes will get erased, then we get our big showdown with Goku and Jiren before the tournament goes off the rails, and then everyone turns against Zen-oh/Grand Priest.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Jedah posted:

But what difference would it make if they turned on Zen-Oh/Grand Priest? Angels can turn back time, so as long as one of them doesn't get killed, they could just rewind time back to safety. Then Zen-Oh could just erase any troublemakers on the spot, before they even had the opportunity to start throwing punches. They're in a checkmate situation.

Goku using the Super Dragon Balls to wish back the deleted universes seems like the most likely ending.

Who's to say that the Angels don't join in on the rebellion? We've seen at least one distraught over the erasure of their universe.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

even with that in mind, that just looks like weird anime poo poo and it's reasonably well executed. it's only cringey if you recognize it and at that point the trap is sprung

With how the rest of that photo is I'm not convinced this isn't a really roundabout fascist tattoo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

the entire divine bureaucracy apparatus exists only to keep a nebulously defined "quality" of mortals up to an arbitrary standard to appease...well, no one because Zeno doesn't really seem to care so it must just be The Way Things Are.

It's probably all based on some grand concept of divine balance/karma that even the highest of gods are beholden to. A lot of Eastern settings are based around this.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 18, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

There is roughly a zero percent chance of this happening.

I will be stunned if this doesn't end with Goku just teaching Zeno not to erase universes anymore and then we move onto another villain-focused arc.

I'm not so sure.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah the fact that the Blue Kaioken hosed him up make sense cause he's stacking like three booster forms at once.

I don't think SSB Kaioken even hurts Goku anymore, he's mastered that.

SSB Kaioken x10 might, since he never did it again after Hit.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

It's conceptually interesting, and would've looked fine if it didn't have that weird pec window surrounded by fur.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Yeah but in the main timeline they were obsessed with 1v1 for some reason. I think, not counting fusion because it definitely doesn't count, we didn't have anything but 1v1 battles until Goku Black + Zamasu.

It's because 1v1s are easier to animate.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

you do realize that dragonball was a manga first right

super has had more tag teams than anything toriyama was drawing when the manga was the main work

Things that are easier to animate are also easier to draw too. In DBZ's case you need to consider the massively increased complexity of the fight choreography adding even one person causes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I feel really sorry for the Hyper DBZ guys, they clearly put a lot of work into their game and managed to stay under the radar enough to avoid legal action. Only for ArcSys to completely eclipse them with DBFZ.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

extra row of teeth posted:

To be fair to people not a fan of the above quotes many of them were from the 90s Funimation dub, which was terrible and rewritten to the point of butchery such as Goku's heroic "nightmare to you" speech. By contrast both Kai and Super are being translated with MUCH more care to what the original Japanese was saying, because back in the 90s the industry didn't give a poo poo.

Still no matter what you think of Funimation's dubs the Dragonball franchise has suffered from much worse, such as in the Speedy dub when King Kai had something to say about black human beings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyT68tXkctI

That "nightmare to you" speech was legit great and an unironic improvement over the original.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Universe 4 is going down next, since the only fighter we knew anything about before the tournament just got taken out. That leaves the robot universe as the last jobber universe (I think?)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Firstborn posted:

... Isn't it just a picture of base Goku?

Nope, he has a weird aura, different shaped hair, and blue eyes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Flubby posted:

Poor Vegeta though. He's never going to get a first is he? Even Gohan got to go SSJ2, even if he got benched for most of the show anyway. All Vegeta got was muscle form and that was the wrong path to take anyway

Watch as Vegeta gets SSJ4. Which looks nothing like GT's SSJ4, and is way stronger.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

khwarezm posted:

:psyduck: People like the muscles-on-top-of-muscles-underneath-more-muscles look?

You joke, but DBZ has inspired a whole generation of bodybuilders.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Covok posted:

Bodybuilders are huge DBZ fans. It's kind of hilarious.Just something about their forum members going "guys, I've been pumping 300, injecting protein into my dick daily, and crushing walnuts with my rear end to get my gluts in order: do I look like Goku yet or at least Vegta, selfie included" is hilarious to me. I guess i normally expect that kind of behavior from fat goons with noodle arms and not guys who can lift 600 lbs with their erections.

body dysmorphia is no joke

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebRhB62JSeU

DBZA is on hiatus.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kild posted:

They said it was personal reasons. if it was C&D or something similar I think they wouldn't have called it personal.

On the other hand, if Toei decided to take legal action beyond a C&D, then TFS would be under a NDA and can't disclose the real reason.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 30, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Augus posted:

The bad is coming from inside the thread

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Aurora posted:

Dragon Ball Heroes is good

The trailers are pretty bad though. They always just play that stupid song.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's a fighting game.

There characters mean nothing.

Something something functions.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The thing is that the Spirit Bomb isn't about power level though. It in fact explicitly isn't about power level but rather gathering power from many different sources instead. It's a move specifically designed to emphasize the idea of overcoming a single stronger foe with a technique. It is why (even though it fails 2 out of 3 times) each time it is used it is with the help of other people.

Plus, the Spirit Bomb is explicitly destroys evil. Kid Buu was pure, elemental evil so it was extra effective.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Squallege posted:

I got to play the Fighter Z beta tonight and it was frustrating at first. I might just be DarkSydePhil level incompetent but I don't think the game actually tells you how to play. After being trashed by enough high tier players I was finally paired with someone as lovely as I was and we learned together. I got to transform into Golden Freeza I got to shoot a SSJ3 kamehameha and dodge a super as 18 and do one of my own. The game's pretty fun once you learn it

Was it online multiplayer only? Arc Systems Works games usually have the best tutorials around.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Did we all forget that Cabba casually oneshot the robot universe's captain?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

sassassin posted:

All dragonball is objectively art by the literal definition.

Splitting art into "high" and "low" and "it's just entertainment shut your brain off" tiers reveals only the insecurity and immaturity of its viewer. It's a meaningless and arbitrary distinction. Read and enjoy.

i can't believe i'm agreeing with a sassassin post

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Burkion posted:

Gohan really needed to keep his 12 year old hair style.

Or the Future Gohan look.

Gohan was smart enough to know that mullets were on the way out.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Momomo posted:

It always kind of bothered me that Gohan's "signature" move is the Kamehameha. It feels like only people that trained under Master Roshi should be using that, even if he did train under Goku. The Masenko is really more fitting, especially since they gave it to Trunks.

It made sense for Gohan to use the Kamehameha after Cell to reinforce him taking up Goku's mantle, but we all know how that turned out so welp.

Manatee Cannon posted:

masenko used to be gohan's signature move up until he trained with his dad, at which point I don't think he ever used it again

I don't even remember Gohan using it other than like, once, on Namek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'll break it down for you:

kamehameha: blue
final flash: purple
masenko: yellow (I think, I barely remember that move at this point)

Galick Gun is purple, Final Flash is golden.