Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So if all these episodes are a minute or so in real time, does this mean the people in the stands are talking faster than the speed of light to fit it all in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

graham cracker posted:

Edit: Or a game where someone has screwed with the timeline and you've gotta restore it, so it's about being true to the story but still having fun with new spins on it at the same time, like those What If? comics.

So Dragonball Xenoverse is what you are describing here.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I thought Kai was the super special redone version but I guess there's always going to be a new "for real the best version this time we promise!" edition.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Will Majin Buu finally get his time in the spotlight and be the one to stop Moro, or will he fall asleep and Goku is forced to call Freiza in for help?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Does this mean there's someone out there called Llec to go with Uub?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Buu would have been terrifying in the ToP.

Pretty easy to see why he just falls asleep just as the latest massive threat looms, Buu can do literally anything.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Would Cell have immediately turned into a big fat bomb if 18 had been destroyed, that's what I'd like to know.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

kinda hope it goes whole hog and has a ton of the filler arcs

Finally the Fake Namek arc gets its time to shine.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

All this will do is give the baying hordes endless ammunition to throw at Funi for firing poor innocent Vic and not those nasty VA's who said those very poor taste outtakes, I don't really understand why they were even kept as well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I'm super out of the loop. Why is it a scandal that VAs say raunchy things in the booth? I remember reading that Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum actively compete to see who can get more X-rated VA stuff deleted.

It's not a scandal amongst level headed people, it's being passed around the "Vic is INNOCENT" crowd in an attempt to get all the VA's who "turned" on him fired.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So DBZ: Kakarot seemed to fall off the radar even before it was released, is it actually any good like FighterZ and Xenoverse, to a lesser extent, all I've heard for instance is the weird retcons and the generally sub-par reviews its gotten.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TheHan posted:

If you took out someone's stomach would a senzu bean still work?

It'll just go in the other end instead.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

"Maybe THIS will finally be enough to defeat Moro"

"Moro unleashes yet another new form and becomes even more powerful"

"Ah, well! nevertheless!"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Its Super Saiyan 2 Gohan beating on a helpless Cell all over again and since Goku is about to do something stupid, it'll probably result in Moro unleashing another final trump card.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Honestly, it's kind of funny how everyone just gives up on immortality after a while.

We all saw what happened to Garlic Jr.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Eegah! posted:

Whatever it’s about to end and there’s going to be a new one right after so hopefully that one is better.

I feel like I've heard this said before.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Granolah probably doesn't know Freiza can transform so he's going to have quite the shock when/if he confronts him.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Hoping for Resurrection C and the reveal of Cell with God Ki.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

"I had a clone fight you to save my strength for Freeza"

Should someone tell him?

What if Freeza has been training since the ToP and has unlocked his own version of Ultra Instinct, seriously it's the only way it won't be a total whitewash.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

We know what happens to Goku and Vegeta after Super ends because of the last few chapters of Dragonball Z

also there's no way Goku or Vegeta would take up a job like that

If this is still what's down the line then I am very curious as to how it'll happen, will Goku and Vegeta give up their god powers because that would just end with them being vaporized by Golden Freiza.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

it's totally possible they never lost those powers - Goku just could have not transformed during his fight with Uub.

Super Saiyan 4 Blue draws near.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So, will he be called Blue Baby or Baby Blue if that happens.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I love that Vegeta instantly knew Granolah was a complete amateur in terms of his combat skills and knowledge, he might be overwhelmingly powerful but he has no actual experience of how to fight.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Burkion posted:

I wonder if Freeza is going to bother getting directly involved in any of this, considering all the major players are doing what they're doing because of him.

I also wonder if Freeza's been training at all since he caught the fight bug. He arguably did the best against Raged Out Broly of anyone who wasn't a fusion or an Angel. IE Survived getting the poo poo kicked out of him for an hour

It is time for Platinum Freeza.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So has Piccolo always had a house because I always thought he was homeless based on the fact he was either living in the wilderness, the lookout or looming over Gohan's home.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

All I know is Twitter was yelling about the chapter

That's all I know. So I'm looking forward to it!

Even Chris Sabat was yelling about it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

amigolupus posted:

You just know Korin's toilet was clogged for weeks once Yajirobe finished digesting all those senzu beans he ate back then.

He has a toilet? I assume he'd just poop over the side.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I know the Kamehameha is, but I thought I remembered someone saying that the Masenko was the same idea since Kamehameha is literally “Turtle Wave Destruction Blast” (or something like that) because it’s easy to do wordplay homonym stuff like that with Japanese characters. Guess I was wrong though.

It's also one of Piccolo's techniques, a long forgotten one.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I mean, I don't know anyone with moon cancer, do you?

Cave Johnson from Portal 2 died from sniffing Moon Dust too much.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Red Ribbon again? Is there going to be a never-ending line of angry scientists/soldiers swearing revenge on Goku?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Does the movie take place in the manga continuity? I wonder how they'll work around #1 and #2 fusing now that all fusions have been nerfed

#3 will absorb them and become Perfect #3.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I might do a rewatch of DB Kai in remembrance of the man, a real sad loss.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Pre. After fusing with Nail iirc he was either beating or at least keeping up with form 2. After Frieza hit form 3 he was whipping everyone's rear end again and decided to go final to really salt the wound.

Also, Gohan having another hulk out moment is what made Freiza decide to completely take the gloves off and go into his final (base) form, he correctly noted that Gohan and Vegeta had been getting more powerful over the course of the fight, thanks to Dende's heals and Saiyan power boosts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vizuyos posted:

Ginyu himself was pretty awesome and it kinda sucked that he got typecast as "wacky body change guy" basically forever

That's all he really ever was, his little fight with Goku was just to see how strong his body was before he took it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Basically none. From what we saw, Vegeta, Ginyu and Freeza were the only ones had had any skill beyond smack the thing weaker then you. And Freeza for sure did not work for it, he was just born better then everyone else. Vegeta was similar but he actually took to the front lines.

I was going to ask if Zarbon counted because while he can transform, and foreshadows Freiza being able to do this, all it comes to is just making him a huge hulk.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Nappa is a big idiot, but the episode where he takes on the entire earth military and flies through jets and poo poo owns hard

He didn't kill anyone though, the pilots all parachuted out at the last moment, the old dub told me so.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

I want Piccolo to get a power up soon or just be like some evil God Namekian out there or something: Namekian fights are cool as hell with the stretchy limbs, regeneration, wierd techniques etc

They made Broly cool as hell and interesting: why not Lord Slug?

Lord Slug was just King Piccolo again though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I still find it bizarre that the entirety of Super is set before the End of Z, this is why there's no stakes because nobody important is allowed to die or The Sacred Canon gets messed with.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

It also introduces Hit who is... the coolest.

He really did make the donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

And people say dubs are bad.

Tien's arm also did grow back (after he died) so that old dub was right about that.