Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"Hm, I am overpowering the man who killed my wife and who we know gets stronger when he gets beat up.

I think I'll keep on uselessly punching him some more instead of blowing his head off."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Vegeta killed an entire village to get what he wanted and gloated about them not being revived. Nappa was just following his orders really.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Okay NOW they've done all the Broly stuff for sure.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only thing I didn't like was Nigrisshi getting tossed out like he was fodder after getting a whole scene to himself. Even if he's weaker than Vegeta I expected him to fight someone else, or at least throw a punch. I guess he was a red herring, but he didn't do anything to be that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This episode made me feel bad for her since it seems like Cabba and Caulifla just ditched her immediately - the latter being the very person who wanted her to come along to this in the first place. It looked like she was about to be Kale's next target when Jiren intervened, so that might say something about their relationship.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
SSJ3 isn't a previous villain, how could Trunks beat it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Roshi was a secret chubbychaser this whole time

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just do a Super Shadow Dragon arc

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Japanese fans don't seem to mind either of them, at least going by the amount of art they get on pixiv, so I wouldn't worry. Follow the money and all.

Yeah, eight pages of Caulifla when she's only been in a handful of episodes.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 24, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
When it showed that big crowd shot as she transformed Frieza didn't seem like he was concerned at all (if they were even supposed to be reacting to her anyway, nobody was really panicking), and he's still equal or above SSB.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Zamasu how do you feel about the Universe 10 team?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also Brianne does something.

Better step it up, Jiren.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Isn't Cabba basically a tiny, nicer Nappa?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I get some of the other Universes being losers, but you'd think some of the ten strongest members of an organization that keeps the peace Universe-wide could pose more of a threat.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All they did was the Goku and Gohan thing again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If we're talking about people that use the Power of Love I'd think Vegeta is well-equipped to fight magical girls

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheHan posted:

Oh turns out they're even with the Pride Troopers. Weird though that we haven't gotten a quick cutaway to Gowasu sweating his imminent destruction.
Also forgot that there's just two spots on Universe 6 that have still not been filled I guess with how many characters they have to focus on it doesn't really matter if there's two filler characters. Still weird the Yardrat is from Universe 2.

"Well, at least a universe that didn't produce Zamasu gets to live a little longer..." :unsmith:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

extra row of teeth posted:

Between Hit being Purple Pikkon and Frost being Diet Frieza, I have no idea how people can call Kale U6's weakest character.

Why are these less acceptable than Kale's obvious references?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

The Bee posted:

I hope Frost breaks it out, especially since Universe 6 already has Broly.

Meanwhile Brianne goes into her second form, literally Super Janemba

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Goku telling her about 3 is so mean.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I mean by the concept of fusion it would still be the two guys, right, and they weren't thrown out. Could see it being allowed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hopefully the two U4 guys live up to the reverse hype.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RBX posted:

Is Saint Seiya good? I remember it from childhood but it never caught on with me, and what should I watch. Age doesn't matter.

I watched a fair bit of the 80s series a while back, it's cheesy fun.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I liked parts of this episode, but it doesn't really help tension when you spend that long on a comedy bit, and then the other half on a fight the antagonist can't really do anything in.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Ah, aiming for the Steven Universe crowd.

Who would say it's just a cheap tactic?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It was supposed to make Gohan look really strong but it just made him seem foolish since Vegeta was gonna do the same thing way more practically just a couple episodes ago.

Also that Yardrat's a cool motherfucker.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Warrior of Darkness 17 could easily defeat Super 17

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It would have been neat to somehow have a heroic Babarian on the team to stick it to Zamasu but their race is a bit young to have god-level fighters I guess.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Universe 2 is cooler and has far more character to its members even though we've only really seen half of them, so I guess we know what thing Toei makes that they like more.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rhjamiz posted:

I imagine he's more of a Dr. Gero than he is a medical doctor.

That'd be Paparoni from U3 though...who isn't actually called Doctor.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It'd be more like...well, like Goku VS Frieza before he turned Super Saiyan.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He defeated THE PREECHO with Roshi. Roshi is fighting a U4 member episode after next (in what sounds like it could be kind of a cringey episode), so he'll probably be around then.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If every other universe has their own story, then everyone's been fighting off the Krillin equivalents so far. For the most part they're not fighting the other Krillins though, or trying to take on multiple people like idiots.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These two episodes stressing that Universe 2 is basically full of good guys makes Brianne's first scene really weird in retrospect.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I was just thinking it was impressive they mostly stuck to hiding those two even in promo material, and welp.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Vegeta isn't in this episode then Brianne will have frightened him off for more than half a month.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Condiv posted:

lol at this point i feel like the anime is intentionally throwing curveballs at toyotaro. wasn't ssg supposed to be stronger than ssb in the manga? oops

It's more like the opposite since this episode actually portrayed it the same way he does. Switching really fast from God to Blue is how Vegeta beat Black in the manga.

Which makes sense, since they still fight by raising their Ki just at the moment they attack, right?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 20, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Or shoot him, which he did...but only after running through the minefield and surely wasting energy tanking all of it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why would you ever want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought something important happened but it was just more of the babe thing.