Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sea Lily posted:

the character reveals trailer for anyone who missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orc40YRFfzs

this looks pretty good so far. very fast combat.

Gameplay looks as insane as all of my craziest dreams. :allears:

Also that massive unfilled roster screen at the end is a very good sign too. Even if half of those unfilled slots are just things like "Goku (Kaioken)", "Goku (mid)", and "Goku (Super Saiyan God Super Sayan Kaioken - Mid) that's still a lot of spaces for actual characters. Plus some the ones they showed off felt like crazy pulls to begin with so I'm actually hopeful we'll see weird unconventional picks as this goes on. DBTB is truly back, and I am 100% prepared to clown on Gamma 2 as Bacterian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also this may as well be Dragon Ball, we have the opening for the Sand Land anime:
https://twitter.com/dbzcom/status/1770445225602756842

Sand Land sure did make a bold choice to be released at the exact same time and platform as X-Men 97.
Maybe they were hoping people flooding onto D+ to watch XMen would notice the Dragonball art and check it out, but so far it just seems like the move only succeeded in getting itself massively overshadowed immediately.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

hatty posted:

Do people still care about X-Men?

The comics are selling well for the current industry, the cartoon has garnered an enormous amount of nostalgic hype ever since it was initially announced, and even the weird movie people still wont shut up about whenever Marvel Studios will finally add the X-Men, or at least just Wolverine, to the MCU. So I'd say that despite Ike Pearlmutter's best efforts this past decade, a large percentage of people still care about the X-Men. Especially 90's era X-Men.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

If Sand Land fails to make an impression it's not gonna be because of X-Men

Not blaming X-Men if it does fail, but pretty much any talk about it online is being completely drowned out by people talking about X-Men so far.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

This is art.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reiche posted:

When I was a kid I thought Tien was just a first name and Shinhan was his last name.

To be fair, the earlier attempts to finally use his full name in dubs did make it appear like it was a last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Endorph posted:

Super Hero looks good