Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am excited for my girl Caulifla fighting the foul villain Son Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If James Marsters isn't Zamasu then the dub is dead to me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I'm thinking James Marsters

Agreed.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I love my cool gay friends Caulifla and Kale.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kale spends more time in her base form which humanises her more and she has a fun enough relationship with Caulifla and to a lesser extent Cabba.

This is infinitely better than Broly. The fight scenes weren't Broly's problem.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only thing that bugged me was Caulifla turning a blind eye to her good friend Kale

Like it seemed super out of character for her to not at least be like "Nah, this fights just super important to me!" or something.

I interpreted it as natural saiyan fightlust taking over and Caulifla just straight up not registering what Kale was saying.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So this basically confirms Kale learning to control the form later. Curious as to who she gets a cool fight with tho.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I hope Frieza, cause I want big baby Frieza to get his rear end handed by a legendary monkey and try to blow the arena up

e: Which reminds me, where was Frieza in all of this??? Surely he would have had a smug comment about "drat MONKEYS" during Kale's frenzy rage

I completely forgot Frieza in all of this, him witnessing yet another stupid monkey transformation and being owned would be a good end for his role in this arc.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The cousins, Kale and Caulifla.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Her motivation is inverse Broly in that she loves someone a wee bit too much.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dias posted:

Gohan is not a lesbian and as we've established L stands for lesbian. :colbert:

Allow me to show you my trans headcanon.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Better than being fueld by baby tears.

Oh, absolutely. For one it's completely believable, Caulifla owns, of course kale wants her all to herself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

"gokus not owned! gokus not owned!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have been watching Super, and can also confirm.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

he just happens to have a time machine so he can threaten the past in the manga.

I don't believe you.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Covok posted:

I mean, I feel that's how this will go all the way down.

When they get to the tournament of power, Kale and Caulifia will be cut and/or all their power-ups removed. Hit will get no screentime. Krillen will never get any win in this and get jobbed out of nowhere. And on and on because the manga wants to move a brisk pace so it will just speed to the Goku v Jiren fight and forget the rest of the cast exists/is useful/have their own fans.

Goku will also kick Jiren's rear end in base form.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Monaghan posted:

At least the red aura sorta came back with the kaioken. Having the blue and red aura at the same time was awesome.

It also led to the Hit fight being way better in the anime than the manga.

EDIT- that bit should be dubbed in a couple of months, hearing Sean scream that out will be pure :allears:

I'm definitely rewatching that entire arc dubbed.

Vegeta vs Magetta was some good poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to the voices for the characters I haven't heard yet because I don't play the game that added U6 stuff to it

Champa and Vados are good (and I think the one frieza arc episode they're in is dubbed even) , goku black is divisive. I'm apparently the only person who likes Zamasu.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Maple Leaf posted:

Yeah, what's up with that?

They just... don't.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dub Champa is legitimately perfect though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Momomo posted:

Considering one of his lines is calling himself "Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black" I find it hard to believe he had no idea.

Also, base Zamasu's voice sounded like the guy had absolutely no idea what he was saying, while Fusion Zamasu actually sounds pretty good if he put a bit more work in (a bit old though), so I'm not that worried about him.

I wonder how much of it was an ADR going OTT in telling him to sound more subdued.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RBX posted:

You guys keep confusing words with sound. Goku Black Dubs voice should be just Goku's va is what i'm saying. Why would he suddenly turn British?

Yeah it's weird that Sean Schemmel suddenly becomes a British citizen when he voices goku black, doesn't he know he can only ever sound american

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Goku Black has a PHD in dueling.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Spoiler image for tomorrow's episode:

They gay

Also Brianne does something.

I LOVE MY CUTE GAY FRIENDS

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Eh, little cutie Kale's lesbos for sure. Cauli, maybe. But she could just be the lesbos version of Goku, in which case, Kale, you gonna be left alone at night a lot. Just ask ChiChi. :( "I consider you a companion and sister -- in CRIME."

The difference between Caulifla/Kale and Goku.Chichi is that Kale is on a roughly similar level to Caulifla, and also the writers seem to actually care about her even existing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm having a hard time imagining what a HBO dragon ball series would even look like.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MY CUTE GAY FRIENDS

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I liked that episode. It was good.

Only thing I was hoping for was that 17 + 18 would fight together and have more callbacks to how they used to battle in sync with each other.

I mean, there's still time for that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also, I can't believe Tien did a thing finally.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Here's the thing about Caulifa and Kale, they're both great characters, but in the end it's a Japanese children's cartoon and Japan as far as I can tell doesn't even really talk about lgbt stuff. Caulifa also refers to Kale as her friend or protege constantly. You can ship them as much as you want but pretty sure there isn't a lesbian romance going on in the show that just passed the threshold of having female characters that might matter to the story but probably won't.

OK, but Kale is very gay.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I vote that we start calling Broly "Worse Kale".

Seconded.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

You can see the difference between the two clear as day in the tournament. Frost has knocked One Person off, and it was Krillin, and it was done with a SNEAK ATTACK, ON KRILLIN, and he immediately hosed off with a smoke bomb before he could get his poo poo kicked in.

Freeza has been taking a violent stroll around the ring just torturing whoever he happens to come across and isn't even trying.

One of these two is infinitely cooler than the other. And it's not the one that has to hit and run Krillin of all characters.

Actually frost is cooler than dumb torture man.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm still getting over how he sounds like a generic hero instead of a fight-loving hillbilly in the English version, so... :shrug:

I'm not sure how you can listen to any dubbed DB material from the last like, 5 years and come to this conclusion.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Momomo posted:

Did it turn into the English dub for a second there? It sounded like Sonny Strait saying "Help me!".

On another note, how do other languages handle Goku's name? One thing that was surprising when I first started watching in Japanese was how often people would use the full Son Goku. Hell, Bulma doesn't even call him Goku at all, she always calls him Son-kun. Considering English dropped the Son part entirely, do other languages do the same?

I would imagine in any language where its typically to refer to people with their first names they just call him Goku.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

How many different voice actors has Goku had over the years?

In English alone there's Barbara Goodson, Ian Corlett, Sean Schemmel, whoever he was in big green, and at least a few other people that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Can't wait for the Caulifla/Kale and Kakunsa/Vikal double date arc.

An episode where Kale keeps trying to ask Caulifla out but keeps getting interrupted and going berserk.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I love my friend Android 17

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rirse posted:

Doesn't Universe 6 have a guy who literally has Doctor in his name?

Yeah, Dr Rota/Rotor

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I thought you had to do the 5 saiyan ritual to activate SSG even if you've done it once. Guess not! I was hoping for a Vegeta / Gohan / Cabba / Kale / Caulifa ritual, but alas...

Theres still time for Caulifla to ask Goku "So how do I do the red hair thing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Japanese Goku works, Japanese Gohan doesn't, Goten doesn't matter.