Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Balls. Game unavailable in my region.

Anyone got some deets on how to play it anyway?
(Does that count as piracy? If the game is free?)

Nevermind, managed to find a solution.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Bumper Stickup posted:

Roshi's episode is good. Unfortunately it's tainted by his implied rape speech.

Roshi's episode is tainted by Roshi being Roshi.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I saw the movie last night. It was pretty great.
What's the word on the spoilers? Free speech, no spoilers, or under black bars?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

so, the moment when Freezer kills Paragus to trigger Broly's transformation into SSJ? stone cold. What got to me, however, was Broly's reaction to seeing his dead father. The Latin Dub was amazing, it was that desperate, breathless sobbing you get when everything breaks. You can hear the anguish and sorrow and rage in that second before he explodes into green CGI.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

We know that, up until it gets retconed, Gohan will eventually write a book about the inner workings of Ki control which will lead to a world-wide resurgence of martial arts.

But Dr Gero figured it out in his lab sometime after the Red Ribbon army got killed and Freezer arriving at earth. And not only did he figure out Ki Control, he went full throttle ahead and also discovered how to artificially unlock it in humans, how to absorb Ki and manipulate it, and how to create an infinite ki engine that could be safely implanted in teenagers.

Dr Gero was a loving genius who went 100% Ahab and could have changed the world if not for his Goku Hateboner.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I really liked that bit during the fight when he realizes he done goofed. He just falls into despair about how those two are going to kill his Broly (Latam sub, haven't watched original subbed or English). He does love his son, wilfully exiled himself to save him, but then he went and allowed the Saiyan Pride to get in the way.

Besides, what else could he have done? Broly has a lot of issues when he gets angry, look at that moment in Freezer's ship, he was about to go medieval on that drunken lout.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Well both the Latam dub and Funi used the same "they killing my son :cry:" so...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Watch Read Dragon Ball OP.

There are no other androids besides 8 in DB.

There is Sgt Metallic. You know, the Schwarzenegger wannabe.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

And even then he failed because they defaulted to good person anyway later. They just needed a good example, 16 in the current timeline.

Personal theory about 21 is that she likely was a 2nd Cell-style Android, but was kept away somewhere different than Cell, which means that in this timeline the conputer kept acquiring data and samples, eventually adding Majin to the mix, which I assume is what allows 21 to change between Hot Scientist and Hot Bubblegum.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The thing is, he keeps them as Backup because each new set of Android's is exponentially more dangerous than the last.

Him and 19 just wanted to kill Goku, and we're willing to destroy a city to draw him out.

17 and 18 in the OG timeline spent roughly 20 years slowly killing every last human for funsies.

Cell ATE several cities in like 2 days, then absorbed 17 and 18 and if not for his Saiyan Pride, would have done the same thing 17 and 18 were doing followed by destroying the planet and doing the same somewhere else.

And then (evil) 21 is the Cell need to grow stronger plus Majin Candy Hunger, she was gonna Vore Reality.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Sometimes it is a giant robot with rocket fists.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The idea of Goku and Geets in the DC U is terrifying because they work by shonen rules, ever escalating self improvement, while most Western superheroes tend to not improve after getting their powers.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Covok posted:

Martian Manhunter.......................................................Piccolo
Psychic..........................................................................Psychic
Stretches.......................................................................Stretches
Heat Vision....................................................................Ki Blasts
Stranger from another world who feels alone ............Stranger from another world who feels alone
Capable of fusing with other martians.........................Capable of fusing with other Namekians
Smart, level-headed, serious..........................................Smart, level-headed, serious
Green...............................................................................Green
Phase shifting..................................................................
.......................................................................................... God Ki
Addicted to chocos...........................................................
Loving surrogate Uncle................................................... Loving surrogate Uncle

This doesn't work on mobile. Maybe do it in a code block?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

My distaste for Teen Titans go is big.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Last year the only way to enter my room was to go through my baby brother's room. I swear to God CN ran TTG 4 hours every afternoon, and that was just the time the TV was ON! I'm pretty sure it had early morning and midnight showings too.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Not American. No adult swim here.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I like DB minus and the way it tied into the Broly movie, makes Bardock a lot more complete as a character. Yeah he is still an an rear end in a top hat who conquered planets for a job, but he loves his weak wife and his comment about having lived only destroying things and wanting to at least save one life is much deeper than simple "FREEZA KILL MAH FRENDS I KILL FREEZA"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

My big problem with Bardock's og backstory is that without spending time watching his friends it isn't really enough of a punch for the viewer to see him go insane with rage, while trying to save your baby at any cost is something 99% of people would empathize with easily.

Like, say we replace Bardock and his friends with Goku and Krillin during the King Piccolo saga and it becomes far far FAR more effective because we've spent time getting to know Krillin and being invested in Goku's friendship, while with Bardock all we get is "a buncha douches sitting around eating PEOPLE"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

If the movie gets adapted into the next dragon Ball series like conflict of cats and the return of Freezy Pop, I hope THIS is what gets expanded on.

Who am I kidding, they'll expand anything BUT the interesting parts.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fleshing out Raditz with a few episodes of his early life could drive interest up enough to, I dunno, revive him with the dragon balls or something.
Have Goku suddenly wake up one day shouting "WAIT A MINUTE I HAD A BROTHER"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah and Android 21 is fan service the character

And yet despite all the fanservice her character is about as developed as every other character in dragon Ball.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Vegeta is basically an artillery gun.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yes

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The true way to watch is the Latin American dub or abridged, plebe.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

As long as you cannot use him in multiplayer because you just know some rear end in a top hat would make a team of Yamcha.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The Dodonpa is supposed to be an assassination technique, right? Quick, relatively powerful, penetrating (?)...
The Death Beam is basically the same but it is used as an execution method.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I don't get it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wait I thought Ox King was actual royalty.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

King dong

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I think it is likely they were from some other universe and the former gods of destruction of u6/u7 chose them.

I mean, should be easier to destroy whole planets if you don't know Jack poo poo about them.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Nope. Comes from the manga.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

Because something something Vic is innocent. IIRC, there's a joke about Alucard raping people in the Hellsing outtakes.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Alucard did that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

As someone with no horses in this race (because the American dub is BAD you gringos):
This whole argument is stupid. You should all feel bad.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Tribladeofchaos posted:

People who bring up Naoto as trans clearly didn't even play the game or pay attention. Kanji though is absolutely Bi though.

Kanji is very interesting to me because he is a man who likes unmanly things (like knitting and cute stuff) and has been ostracized for it in his childhood, and thus created an extremely hyper-masculine persona (pun not intended) over that.

And, whatever coding may be in there, he states that he likes women and seems bothered whenever people imply he is gay, so I dunno, should I take him at his word or should I pay more attention to the coding?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Full disclosure: the only thing I know about Vic is the rape thing and that he is an American VA. My interest in this case is, once again, minimal because your American dubs have been historically BAD yo.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I did like that he basically went "Dad and Mr Vegeta decided to see the full Saiyan potential. I will look for my own path"
In the manga it was similar but with one key difference "Dad and Mr Vegeta will grow strong as Saiyans, I will find the potential of my human side".

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

And that is why you need dice when you prepare text rp battles.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

sassassin posted:

Yamcha was a serial cheat.

It is really weird how that ended up, huh? Yamcha's whole deal was being gynophobic, he only started dating Bulma because he got to know her as a person first, then a girl. On the other hand, through a good chunk of OG Dragon Ball, Bulma was one horny girl who flirted with a lot of handsome guys (and also got harassed by Master Roshi).

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Is this Ty Beard an actual lawyer?
Is getting a law degree in the US THAT loving EASY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Amen to that. Careers have been ruined by that sort of mentality. And I don't mean "don't take accusers seriously" but maybe don't jump to conclusions on any front until its fully investigated.

Like with Jim Cummings