Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gotenks fought against Copy Vegeta, so they saw him go SSB. thus to fight off the poachers they'll hit SSB and won't even know how they did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that episode was really good, it showed just how strong and how much more ahead Jiren is; he picked up on where Maji Kayo was coming before Dyspo even realized it.

Also Vegeta and Master Roshi gaining a mutual respect was pretty drat cool too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku getting shook at Jiren's power was cool, for almost a second he was like "hmm maybe this was a bad idea"

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

when Gohan eliminates Freeza because of :downs:, Piccolo will lay an egg and Piccolo the Third will join Trunks and the rest of the kids as the second generation fighter squad

the Zenos have never seen the reproductive cycle, so they'll allow U7 to get away with creating another fighter

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Forget it, thread. it's punchmans.

I think Goku v Ribrianne will be an interesting fight, if only to see what Ri's powers are and to see if she actually gets to use them

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think someone relayed the whole thing in either the last thread or the thread before that one but iirc it had something to do with hands?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would like to see Gohan actually learn the Kame Style from Krillin, it would be a good slice of life episode

Actually, I really liked Krillin's character development in Super, he was out of martial arts for a long time but once he started training again he never forgot his Kame principles and worked hard to get back into shape

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 21, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What are the synopses for the next three episodes? I guess they cover the special right

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Am I the only one who still gets super hype seeing the opening? I usually skip most opens but Super's I sit through the whole thing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

fuckin lol Frost got his poo poo run and got erased, good riddance

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If the rationale for Goku's next form is "hmmm what if I eat the spirit bomb" then it'll be the best thing ever

I think it'll be something where he absorbs the energy of the bomb as a SSB and it does some trippy poo poo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rhonne posted:

Frieza will win and wish to switch bodies with Zen'o.

somewhere, the soul of Captain Ginyu smiles

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It would make me laugh if Jiren was actually like Jaco's size and species

e: wait no, I'd like it more if Jaco was like, oh that's my cousin Jiren

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 26, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yeah, the idea of there being a U4 Cell type is really cool and almost certainly won't happen. Would be funny if the end result is that Goku dies (or in this case, rings out) because Gohan goes on a power trip and doesn't finish the fucker (again)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

well I mean, Goku was only able to originally make the Spirit Bomb because he had a pure heart. I doubt that it's changed now even though he's being a dick

like it makes more sense that he absorbs the energy of the Spirit Bomb as an SSB and that's what triggers the Limit Break

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think it's that people conflate DB with something else rather than taking it at face: a manga/anime that shifts between serious and goofy depending on what the scene calls for

it's the primary complaint about Super, how it's not at all like Z which is what everyone grew up on

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku finally being able to move like Whis seems like a big deal, wonder if Vegeta will figure it out

wait, this will totally piss Beerus off since he can't do it either. Intrigue for the next arc!

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm unreasonably excited for this special. Wonder if it'll be 45 minutes or two separate episodes

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i'm waiting patiently for these episodes like I don't have to wake up for work at 6:30

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't even sign-in! the hype for this is too real

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Finally got in!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ribrianne's face when she lands at Jiren's feet was nuts lmao

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

HOLY poo poo THIS WAS SO GOOD

I really feel like a kid again like the first time I saw Gohan go SSJ2 or Goku go SSJ3; so drat hype! they really sell the idea that Goku mastered self-movement, and Jiren still matches him blow for blow!!

Super is really good y'all! Wonder if we're gonna get a new opening highlighting Ultra Instinct

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

seriously, I can see Goku and Jiren becoming friends over how they broke the upper limit and became as gods

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like that this episode quietly settled the idea that Goku could have beat Beerus with Kaioken Blue. If we're assuming all the GoDs minus the top 4 are roughly the same strength, anyway

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really liked how they showed Jiren's strength too. Dude is strong, unlike anything seen in DB before these two episodes. Given how confident Belmod and the U11 Kai were in Jiren's power, it wouldn't surprise me if the Kai created Jiren's shell and Belmod powered him up. Wasn't U11 near the top of the competing universes? It would make sense that the higher the mortal level, the more in tune the Supreme Kai and GoD are.

Jiren definitely mastered some form of Ultra Instinct too, just by how he used his energy in 109 and resisted Goku all through 110. Also, he seems to have the same desire for fighting since he let Goku finish the Spirit Bomb, but doesn't let it define his life.

Underrated moment: when Goku and Ribrianne were discussing what to wish for, Goku put Chi-Chi, Gohan, and Goten before himself. That was a sweet little moment

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hit's overcoat is the heaviest piece of weighted clothing, so the increase in speed will let Hit do a low-rent version of Ultra Instinct

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Am I the only one who went back and rewatched both episodes? I think the biggest "oh poo poo" moments were when Jiren nearly knocked Goku off and Goku was like "where do you think you're going" and then Beerus saying "he's coming" when Goku returns from the void

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The continuing adventures of the U6 Saiyans is something I need, I'd love to see an episode where they crossover to U7 and join the slice of life stuff happening over there

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Frieza will definitely be a good guy by the end of this arc

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what the full Ultra Instinct form will look like. hopefully it's not silver hair or else it'll look like some low-rent fanfic. I wonder if it'll be just a lighter shade of SSB with that same crazy aura that Omen has

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't wait until the dub gets to the Zamasu arc, which I think is close now. 11 episodes off so 2018 will be starting off with that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lezard_valeth posted:

In which episode is the English Dub at? I just found out that the Latin dub is at the Zamasu Arc and it started a month ago.

Like jfc Cartoon Network let the dubbers see their families at least on the weekends.

the dub is currently at the episode where Vegeta rings out Magetta via bullying

still a ways to go, I was honestly surprised Funimation didn't try and do a simuldub way back when the show started

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The best arc so far has been the Copy Vegeta arc, obviously

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that if Infinite Zamasu comes back he'll just get hakai'd right back out of existence

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Faustian Bargain posted:

Okay now you have to tell me.

Sorry, you have to wait until the dub catches up in early 2019. thems the breaks for being a filthy gaijin

in the current arc, a tournament for the survival of one universe from total erasure happens. Frieza is revived to round out the numbers, and fakes an alliance with him. Frost buys Frieza's deceit, and ends up getting ringed out by Frieza after some trickery on Frieza's part. Frost loses his poo poo, tries to attack from the stands, instantly erased.

It owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought this was a really strong episode. definitely liked that U2 and U6 picked each other up as time passes and the situation grows more dire. The preview for next week was great, definitely get the sense that Vegeta does care about Cabba as his pupil

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Could Jiren have defeated Infinite Zamasu? Here’s a 45 minute explanation:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the key is that Shin needs to train so nobody ganks him because that's totally something that would happen to Shin

also, how well known is the Supreme Kai-GoD connection anyway? that seems like something they'd keep a secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cauli is female Goku, she's going to get super strong super quick