Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

I like how in every reaction video everyone goes apeshit crazy with glee when Kale owns Goku and then go "loving Goku!" when he crashes the potential Hit vs Jiren fight.

Makes me happy to see so many people on board of the "Not Goku's Show"

...but then you have so many other's butthurt people whining over Kale overpowering SSB's Kamehameha, and it's those idiots that generally end up getting listened to by Toei or Toyotaro.

you have to understand that the english dragonball fandom and japanese dragonball fandom could not possibly be more different and Toei only cares about one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I too can just scream angrily into a microphone and upload it to youtube

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah it's a lot more intimidating when you consider exactly what the higher rungs of "the chain" are like

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Snare and Piano

Seriously doubt it's these since Namek-born Namekians only have gastropod pun names

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/893361760668864513

additionally

https://twitter.com/sailorspazz/status/893378130114523136

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Could be legit or could be wrong. it wouldn't be the first time one of those TV guide episode summaries hosed up a detail. We've had wrong universe numbers a couple of times by now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think Goku's using super saiyan god because he's still mainly saving blue for Jiren

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
furiza

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please stop replying to bad poster blue star

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah the big end-of-arc battles so far are

Beerus: Conceded
Freeza: Goku wins but only by effectively killstealing from Vegeta
Hit: Conceded
Fused Zamasu: Trunks kills his body and Zeno kills everything else

outside of the one-off episodes Goku hasn't won a whole lot so I dunno where this is coming from

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think a netflix show would probably be in a better position to promote equal gender representation over a 40 year old japanese cartoon franchise about weird aliens punching each other, but that's just me

you're getting concern trolled my dude

anyway, 17 owns is the main takeaway from this entire arc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that is loving brutal

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

new dragonball fighterz characters: 16, 18, and Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
all merchandise uses SSGSS. Toys games everything.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Herms is translating a bunch of stuff on twitter tonight including the new manga chapter, which is Vegeta focused

also in case anyone thinks mortal level still has to do with power level the WSJ scans have blurbs on the universes exempt from the tournament, saying U1's level is so high because most of its population are pure spirits, while U8 (the fox god of destruction's universe) actively destroys anything that might lower its level

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pureauthor posted:

Does 'pure spirits' mean that the people's spirits are pure, or that most of them are disembodied ghosts?

:iiam:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if anything it's another hosed up/funny aspect of dragon ball cosmology

the entire divine bureaucracy apparatus exists only to keep a nebulously defined "quality" of mortals up to an arbitrary standard to appease...well, no one because Zeno doesn't really seem to care so it must just be The Way Things Are.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
zenos is real deep into dokkan battle

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sassassin posted:

Tear it all down.

Come on, Goku, kill all these gods.

There is roughly a zero percent chance of this happening.

I will be stunned if this doesn't end with Goku just teaching Zeno not to erase universes anymore and then we move onto another villain-focused arc.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kanos posted:

Or the multiple other times that child Gohan got the piss kicked out of him.

That said, Zeno hasn't been portrayed as actively malicious, just a naive child who doesn't really get what he's doing. I doubt that's the kind of dude Goku would want to punch.

Yeah this is my point.

Zeno is at best Fat Buu levels of evil. He'll be befriended and talked down. That's it. Anyone expecting some dramatic rage against the heavens has forgotten what show they're watching.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's also the fact that Super is straight up not allowed to be as violent as Z ever was. Remember when it was a big deal that Vegeta got stabbed by Black because there was blood?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No I seriously think he hasn't.

I think Beerus is mad at people thinking Goku is on his level because he doesn't want people to think he's that weak. We're talking about a guy whose reaction to every Goku power-up has been getting mad Goku never used it against him. He's not worried. He's not afraid. He's just upset at getting disrespected and teased.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Condiv posted:

lol at this point i feel like the anime is intentionally throwing curveballs at toyotaro. wasn't ssg supposed to be stronger than ssb in the manga? oops

I don't think so

In fact the manga used it exactly as it was used in this episode, as a speed boost that conserved energy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what is edgy about super saiyan god's design

he doesn't even have super saiyan angry eyes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no it's probably just that beerus is still way stronger than either of them and will be for the foreseeable future despite this thread's bizarre insistence on thinking otherwise

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Black August posted:

Your insistence that Beerus cannot be surpassed when he's shown constant panic over Goku's ever growing power (and had Whis outright say "There is an example of a mortal stronger than Destroyers HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT oh is that parfait") is equally as strange, especially in a show where even the opening title talks about 'breaking walls' and limits while on the cosmic stage

Goku is stronger or going to be stronger than Beerus and to me that is an entirely foregone conclusion and the point of this whole dumb goddamn punchshow

I never said it's never going to happen, just that it isn't any time soon, and the thread seems disproportionately obsessed with it

I'm sure Goku will beat Beerus in a fight! Just like in the very last episode.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 22, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
double postin' cause https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jonh8aIYvs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's Accel Dance but with Krillin instead of 17 so I imagine that's specific to her and is just an animation change

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the "Not knowing when Gohan was born" thing honestly bums me out because there's this weird thing both Toyotaro and Toei's writers have with making Goku seem like actively Modern Homer Simpson levels of stupid and neglectful

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
we have no idea what "toriyama's vision" is because we have no idea how much work he actually does on Super other than arc outlines and character designs

also I can't believe anyone is actually using the Cell thing as a bad parenting thing. Goku knew the only person who could beat Cell was Gohan. What was his alternative there? Just let them all get murdered?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Raxivace posted:

He gave Cell the senzu bean.

Which in no way altered the outcome Goku predicted up until the point Cell tried to blow himself up which no one knew was a thing that could happen

SON GOKU DID NOTHING WRONG 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan going ss2 had nothing to do with goku and everything to do with android 16 sacrificing himself. goku giving cell the senzu bean drew out the fight, got gohan seriously injured, and caused the death of at least 3 people (16, trunks, and goku himself) before cell died

it was treated as a huge gently caress up and as goku not understanding his son at all. idk how you can get any other reading of this when piccolo points it out for you

I was not entirely serious about defending the bean part I was hoping the last sentence would have gotten that across

also Burkion I highly disagree jumping Cell with everyone would have done any good when the guy just randomly shits out six babies that are stronger than everyone at the tournament

seriously though here's a hot take about the cell saga: android 16 being the thing to make gohan snap and go super saiyan 2 was loving dumb

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 23, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Raxivace posted:

Yeah the 16 thing fits with what little of a character arc 16 has but not quite with Gohan's. I wouldn't call dumb insomuch as I could imagine Gohan snapping over seeing anyone getting their head stomped like they were in a Resident Evil game (Particularly in the manga where it's a little more mechanically gory than the anime IIRC), but it's not Toriyama's best bit of plotting.

Like wasn't the Cell Games the first time 16 and Gohan even met?

not only is it the first time they meet but I'm almost positive the only time they speak to each other period is 16's little speech as a head

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will admit that a lot of this is probably me projecting because I hate the actual Cell Games stuff and in fact almost everything after Perfect Cell shows up a lot. It's the only part of the series I actively dislike.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gazaar posted:

I hope the Zamasu voice actor in the dub, whoever it is, really goes for it on the "SON GOKU" line. But probably more just like Goookuuuuuuu.

James Marsters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Japanese Buu doesn't make my ears want to die like his english performance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As for other brutal fights in the Buu Saga, Videl vs Spopovich, Buu cleaning house when he's first summoned includes him one-shotting Gohan to near-death and crushing Kaioshin, Gohan vs Super Buu, etc.

If you want to know why Super doesn't do that any more it's half a tonal change and half the fact that you can't get away with as much of that poo poo on Sunday mornings these days

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah bruce faulconer loving sucks alright

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

turn on your monitor

im typing this with my monitor off and bruce faulconer still sucks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Half of Dracula posted:

I know the way they render the characters means alt outfits are a lot more work, but I wish they had different costumes instead of recolors. Then again, Toriyama goes the whole series without letting the characters wear a different set of clothes, so gently caress it.

what? characters change outfits all the time, like constantly what series were you watching/reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really appreciate that one of Goku's colors is just his duller Toriyama coloring