Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This gif needs to be seen by everyone, no need to spoiler it. Zamasu teaming up with Goku Black is not a spoiler. The spoiler is Goku Black being Zamasu too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Raxivace posted:

Fused Zamasu's "Back again Trunks? Whose aid did you bring this time?" line sure sounds Zamasu as gently caress to me in a good way.

But can it top this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWvL-udB_d8

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJeRlrIIZk
Man, this is top quality voice acting and I can't see any other dub topping this

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 21, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly his voice is a placeholder and they have someone else in mind when the dub actually gets there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjmYunnEO_M

Holy poo poo wow. Indeed placeholder is the best word to describe Zamasu's voice. It sounds like one of those voice programs 12 years old use in their "iwannabelikepewdiepie" videos. The "Trunks, you are a sinner" line sounds extra awful as if it was recorded in two different takes and then badly spliced together.

And Goku Black's hilarious. He goes from Big Boss' gruff to every RPG's smarmy magician voice when he goes Rose.

The Fused Zamasu one is not all that bad though. Needs a little bit less echo maybe, but it's not downright terrible like the other 3 voices.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 21, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Everyone in Youtube and r/dbz are super pissed that Goku Blue got owned by Kale.

On the other hand I am super pissed that we only got one episode of Kale before jobbing to Jiren.

On the plus side, she didn't get knocked out, so maybe we will see her fight again with a more controled inbetween Legendary stage

Also, who would have thought Super would give us another "SON! GOKU!" this soon.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I also like how most of us were expecting Hit to get in a head on confrontation against Jiren and end jobbing, but instead he is fighting strategically, retreating from any unecessary fight when possible and using his time hack skills to prevent his team from ringing out.

Hell, so far U6 is the one fighting most strategically with Bota Magerna combo, Frost camping and Hit as support.

They really did bond through that baseball match. Screw U7, go U6!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only thing that bugged me was Caulifla turning a blind eye to her good friend Kale

Like it seemed super out of character for her to not at least be like "Nah, this fights just super important to me!" or something.

In her defense, haven't you ever had an insecure friend that's asking you every 2 minutes "Hey, I'm not being a bother am I?"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

So this basically confirms Kale learning to control the form later. Curious as to who she gets a cool fight with tho.

I hope Frieza, cause I want big baby Frieza to get his rear end handed by a legendary monkey and try to blow the arena up

e: Which reminds me, where was Frieza in all of this??? Surely he would have had a smug comment about "drat MONKEYS" during Kale's frenzy rage

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

KR_Serenade posted:

I'm getting Avengers Flashbacks here.

Pretty sure it was an intentional shout out since the motions are exactly the same

edit: I youtubed that scene just to make sure, and holy poo poo the quality I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ZjnrHR8EA

what a time to be alive :allears:

Billzasilver posted:

Have goku and vegeta ever met broly in canon? Why were they surprised by kale becoming a green super saiyan?

They haven't. Broly is non-canon, which pisses Youtube and r/dbz even more

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Oh, also, looks like they have officially named Kale's transformation "Super Sayian Berserker."

Funny you should say that as it looks like they're planning on having Kale gain control of her power and obtain a new form. Presumably, it'd have all the power SSJBK (SSJBE? How do you do an acronym for this considering Super Sayian Blue has the same one!) but without the loss of control.

Nah my bet is that she won't lose control in this form but will be nowhere as strong as her berserker form. Kinda like the Kaiser transformation in the Breath of Fire series.

Otherwise there is no drawback to the Berserker form if she then gets a new form that has the same strength and she doesn't go ape poo poo.

Alternatively they can go the SF's Ryu route in which calming down and becoming one with the universe or sth unleashes her ultimate form that is even stronger than Berserker. But who knows :shrug:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
A missed joke opportunity this episode was actually showing Reptile Pride Trooper being tossed off.

When Kale grabbed him and then the scene switched to Zen'o tapping on his icon I thought it was gonna be a joke like "yeah, he is so hosed, let's count him as ringed out already".

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Latin nerd legend Adrian Barba did a thing again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80flKplgwMo

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So correct me if I'm wrong but so far the only universes that haven't had a ring out are Universe 2 and 6?

Go Champa!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So hyped for U6's shadow members being revealed as Bruce and his good friend Rabbi

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Black Goku Time Travel Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsr_u1E1c8&t=375s

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

If they do eventually timeskip and get to the time period where GT occured, I'd rather see them do entirely new stuff than just redo GT storyarcs with SSJ Blue and Goku being an adult instead of a kid, or whatever. Let GT just kind of fall away into the same realm as the movies where it gets used as source material for the games, maybe inspires a few little things in the main show, but is otherwise just it's own thing

Shadow Dragon arc needs to happen.

The concept is just brilliant and GT loving it up will blow historian's minds for centuries to come

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I like how in every reaction video everyone goes apeshit crazy with glee when Kale owns Goku and then go "loving Goku!" when he crashes the potential Hit vs Jiren fight.

Makes me happy to see so many people on board of the "Not Goku's Show"

...but then you have so many other's butthurt people whining over Kale overpowering SSB's Kamehameha, and it's those idiots that generally end up getting listened to by Toei or Toyotaro.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If anyone needed any further proof that Anime = Good, Manga = Bad and Smells, Manga doesn't have Gohan saying goodbye to Trunks.

Everyone cries when Gohan says goodbye to Trunks.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Preview shows Piccolo's eyes going blank, so he might be getting it.

Here's me rooting for opening spoiler to be real.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zedd posted:

This is pretty comprehensive: https://i.imgur.com/efpGwdW.png

Who did Jiren save from a ringout?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ask any 20-something (and likely 30-something) from Latin America and you will more likely than not get someone who likes Saint Seiya. It's a bit more divisive than Dragon Ball, but it was still one of the biggest series for us.

This is true. My feed exploded with Saint Seiya CGI news 2 days ago.

My only wish is that while I am grateful to Kurumada for creating a show that I love, I want him nothing to do with the production of the Netflix adaptation. Not even as a consultant.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sadly, from what I've seen, at least fans from Argentina are the insufferable "NO BUT DRAGON BALL IS SERIOUS" crowd mostly, so they hate everything BoG and onwards.

Sadly, this is also true. Most Argentinians prefer the manga adaptation of Super where Goku are winning again, even in the arc that is called Future Trunks arc.

Now on this episode: this episode was great.

The comedy part was great.

Toppo getting super disgusted at 17's interrupting Transformation is a Free Action was great.

Vegeta hauling rear end rather than face another gag character was great.

17 is still proving to be a very tacticful warrior and baited his opponent into lowering her guard while also being smart and going for the medic first, so he was great.

Zen'o is a murdering little poo poo, but also sticks to the rule of cool and allows cool poo poo to happen, so he is great too.

Piccolo is going down next episode to push Gohan into Mystic God Mode or something. Piccolo can't catch a break. Always the sacrificial lion

Also Gowasu is gonna go next episode :( Sweet dreams and may your erasure get a lot of views.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blue Star posted:

Hope Ribriane and rest of her universe get eliminated soon, they boring

Why do you take time off your day to make such bad comments!?!?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The android's infinite energy is really handy in this tournament.

Goku made the wrong call. He should have resurrected Dr. Gero instead of Freezer and had him androidify the whole team.

Like U3 did but better cause he is Dr. loving Gero.

Plus if he teamed up with Bulma they would be unstoppable.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My only objection to last night's episode is that I really liked Su Roas' base design and wish she would have fought like that for a bit before transforming

...I'm not watching the show the right way

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

Super spoiler alert: Gowasu dead, sorry folks. Also Dyspo seems much more powerful than you might think.

Yeah it was pretty obvious what with next episode's title. What's the source though? I'm interested on that last part

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If it turns out that the Goku in that poster is actually Gohan, then Super is the best Dragon Ball ever and everyone loses their right to complain about anything in Super for ever.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Red God is def stronger than Blue.

If the Goku in the Goku poster turns out to be Goku, his "new" transformation will def be a perfected version of what he used in his last minutes of fight with Beerus, the "You have absorbed God's red and made it your own" thingy Beerus said.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Saddest episode of anime

RIP Banana Kai

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

I love how the preview at the end just completely no-sold Goku going God again.

Probably cause it's not gonna be the great reveal.

Kinda like when the preview spoilered Vegetto and he ended up getting dunked.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Like 3 different people this episode told Goku not to drop down his guard.

Who wanna bet next fight he immediately drops down his guard?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Maybe GodTube's servers are located in one of the higher ningen rank universes so Gowasu's account is safe.

After all Youtube is a clear example of pinnacle ningen level

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

seiferguy posted:

No one cares about a U10 pewdiepie wannabe.

I know you are in shock over U10 getting erased, but you shouldn't say such hurtful things that you will later regret.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

http://youtubedoubler.com/lFJu

Fixed

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Maybe if Zamasu hadn't killed that Pterodactyl man he would have had descendants strong enough for U10 to survive

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

he'll pull it out and get disqualified instantly for using tools

The "If Zen'o thinks it's cool then it's ok" rule still applies as we saw last week's episode, and nothing is cooler than Great Saiyaman vs Pride Trooper Toppo

Plus it barely counts as a tool and more like a change of clothes. The Kamikaze Fireballs got one. Gohan just needs to pass it off as a transformation.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Likewise good sir.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

sassassin posted:

Does anyone actually enjoy watching Goku not fight properly in order to (in-universe) pad things out? 17 seems to be getting a lot of credit lately for doing the opposite so maybe it's not just me who finds it really annoying.

I watched the last two episodes but missed a big chunk before that , so maybe I'm wrong but this tournament seems ridiculously uneven with our team overwhelmingly superior (except baby Krillin). Goku needs to start fighting the heavens sooner rather than later to make things interesting. Maybe he'd even have to go super saiyan to do it!

You seemed to have missed the Goku and Vegeta vs the whole Universe 9 episode.

Or SSB Goku vs Berserk Kale episode.

You can probably get a lot of material to whine about from those 2 episodes if you are a power level kind of guy.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
There was someone in the writing room who thought giving Champa a vuvuzela was a good idea...

And he was right.

Listen to that intern more frequently, Toei!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
episode was cool

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

they missed an opportunity to have a character die and have the emotional beat work in the anime where people dieing merely gives you a Fashion Headset item.

Like really, what would have been the downside of Roshi dieing if we know that either U7 is gonna survive and can wish him (and King Kai) back to life, or everything in the tournament will get reversed by the end of it.

As bad as GT was at least Piccolo stayed dead making his farewell to Gohan more significant.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Shadow lady mindfuck battle was cool too, I would have liked if we had more of than instead of Ganos.

I laughed at Roshi saying his team is full of raging morons that would get duped by the most simple of tricks so it falls to him to take care of such opponents. Savage, but true. Even Gohan defeated a No Sell Punches opponent by punching harder in a slightly tilted angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The design was ok, but it clashed with the spy theme to have him be a loud roaring hulking electric bird person, unless they were aiming for the Zabon/Brienne trope subversion again.