Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dias posted:

If you're part Latino part alien but born in America Earth you are an American human, you horrendous Trump Freeza supporter.

To be fair to Trump (Allah forgive me), he's never had all the inhabitants of an apartment complex killed in order to take it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

He cannot, as the Black arc shows.

To defeat yourself you must first defeat yourself. The Mercenary Tao of Goku.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

Do not become addicted to senzu beans.

What do senzu beans taste like? I've always imaged them being like raw unsalted peanuts.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parrotine posted:

Just for the record, this is the final arc for DBS right? After this they close the curtains on the series ya?

On the one hand this definitely has a last arc sort of feel to it, I mean the stakes are so high right now that anything else would be a letdown. On the other hand, they've just introduced a bunch of really good new characters and it would be a waste not to use them some more.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

So is that it? drat. :(

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This episode: Goku and Hit vs The Flash and Spider-Man.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bowmore posted:

that's not saiyan armour it's capsule corp armour

Next arc: Freeza sues Bulma for IP theft.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

seiferguy posted:

Blatant copyright infringement, though. If Bardock was alive he'd be seeing her in space court.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Next arc: Freeza sues Bulma for IP theft.

I think I'll be seeing you in court, buster. :mad:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I know people have made jokes, but I am really starting to actually dislike Goku. You can't even just chalk his behavior up to being a saiyan either, because here we have loving Vegeta, the Prince of All Saiyans himself, acting like a decent father and spouse.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He doesn't even know when his sons were born. His own flesh and blood and he doesn't know their birthdays.

Goten, sure that's somewhat understandable, though he was with King Kai so not really, but Gohan? How in gently caress are you not present for the birth of your firstborn child?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This episode: Roshi teaches us all about the virtues of nofap.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Next chapter: Goku calls the Nimbus, finds he can't ride it anymore, but Vegeta can.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Considering the foreshadowing we got in the most recent episode we're probably going to get The Revenge of Freeza, Part 3 before the series ends.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carlosologist posted:

Frieza will definitely be a good guy by the end of this arc

It's possible, but there's no way Freeza doesn't take one more crack at killing Goku before that happens.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monaghan posted:

That would legit be the worst goddamn thing.

Honestly I would have preferred Frost. He was so sneaky and underhanded that it made him a more interesting character than Freeza. That fight with Vegeta and Roshi was pretty drat impressive. To immediately grasp a never before seen technique and then come up with a plan on the spot to turn it back on your opponents is like Goku levels of fight genius.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will say that Freeza has been acting a little strange since being revived again. In Resurrection F he was totally his old Namek era self, but now he seems sort of subdued I guess? Usually he acts like a spoiled brat, and can hardly go five minutes without losing his temper, but now he seems to be taking everything in stride. Even in this latest episode he appeared to be untroubled by the fact that Goku had surpassed him again. Vegeta, who's been putting up with this sort of thing for years now had more of a reaction than he did.

He's by no means nicer, of course, but this really doesn't seem like the same Freeza who rage quit by trying to blow up a planet on two separate occasions.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
At this point I'm pretty sure Toei is setting up Cabba Caulifla and Kale for their own Boruto series. Or at the very least their own arc in Super. The three of them have been strangely front and center throughout the ToP. If you count the spoilered episodes we're going to have like six full episodes dedicated to these three. Not that that's a bad thing, but they wouldn't be giving them so much focus unless they had plans for them.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

What the gently caress is a Goten?

Goku Black

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk how long its been up but I noticed there was another chapter of the super manga. it's actually pretty good imo. buu not getting a fight is a shame tho

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball-Chou/029---The-011th-Universe-s-God-of-Destruction-Candidate--Toppo?id=388714

Goku talking about how ridiculous the GoD fight is is like the punchline to a 30 year long joke.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's really no escape from hellworld is there?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now I want everyone to remember that Roshi still exists

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frieza's going to become the next Zeno and annihilate every sinful thing to come from Toriyama's hand.

He's the hero we deserve.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kashuno posted:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/916911010463735808

Looking back at this now. Really hoping this is just a placeholder and not what <spoilers> actual look is. Where's the hair

Turns out Caulifla is actually going to fuse with Jaco

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where's Mystic Cell Dorado LSSGSSJ4KKx20UI Awakened Potential?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kild posted:

For those looking forward to more character announcements for Dragon Ball FighterZ, here's some great news for you. Next week, Bandai Namco Games will reveal two new playable characters for the game on IGN's Next Big Game.

I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur 2 but I am seriously thinking about getting this.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That scene where Tao rides the pillar to Korin's tower has always bothered me. If a single leap gives him enough momentum to catch up to the pillar after throwing it, doesn't that mean he would have made it there faster without the pillar?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jiren is by far the least interesting character in Super. Even by the low standards set by this franchise he's an extremely flat character. No personality, no character quirks, nothing. The one off fodder characters have more going for them than he does. He's just a big wall of meat for Goku to punch so that he can show off how big his power level is.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

P-Mack posted:

You forgot to factor in air resistance. The pillar is heavier so it maintains momentum better.

Oh.

This ignorant fool apologizes for ever doubting Toriyama.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So apparently Kale and Caulifla are going to use the Potara earrings? You know, if Zeno isn't going to bother enforcing that no items rule then they might as well start handing out those senzu beans.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao at Goku calling Kale the *True* Legendary Super Saiyan

Eat poo poo Broly.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One thing I really liked about this episode was how even though Goku wasn't using super saiyan at first he still had an advantage over Caulifla because he's a more skilled and experienced fighter than her. It's almost like power levels are bullshit.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

socialsecurity posted:

We just had an episode recently where Jiren's power level was so high that punching him as hard as you could in 90% of the SS forms did not even make him flinch. You cannot have it both ways.

It's true, Jiren is bad and actively making this show worse just by existing.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 116: Goku steals the Potara from Kafla, offers one to Vegeta but he refuses because of course he does so Goku goes with Plan B.

Episode 117: Ultra Instinct Pickleku

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm game for Froku just because I want to see how Freeza would wear the Potara on those weird ears of his.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cell Dorado is too good to be canon.

Like if he showed up I'd know immediately that Toriyama had bailed on Super and someone way more rad had taken over.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 29, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

"So what got you into Scooby Doo?"

"Well I was a Dragon Ball fan and one thing led to another..."

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Three.

He has at least three.

More if the other time lines count.

Too bad Beerus hakaied the time machine. Just imagine it: An army of Future Trunkses, each one more miserable than the last.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 30, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fun fact: Tarble is the only saiyan in all of existence who still has a tail, therefore making him the last living saiyan capable of transforming into a giant monkey.

It's pretty much all he has going for him.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 30, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh it would have made a lot more sense if Champa had taught them the Fusion Dance before the tournament. U6 is a mirror to U7 so it's not a stretch to assume that Metamorans exist there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurui Reiten posted:

Also he still fell and hit his head and got amnesia, I guess, but not outright brain damage that changed his personality.

The whole amnesia thing is one of those things that wouldn't have ever been necessary in the hands of a more farsighted author. It would have been a far more compelling story if Kakarot had come to Earth as your usual lovely saiyan kid, but wound up learning to be a good person as the plot went on. Basically, Vegeta's character arc should have been Goku's.