Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

i hate playing as raider, but i love the idea of vegeta raider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koKSfdBopq8

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

modern DBS keeps digging up every random red army general coming back

but re-appearance of Launch still nowhere in existence.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mean more it seems they're drawing on the old baddies in DB for new stuff, like the Super Hero movie having ties to them.
and lost count of how many androids in the old movies
Along with bringing back Mai and Pilaf.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea the DB paneling is amazing, and so easy to follow the dialogue and any action.

compared to DBS manga, I'm constantly confused by what the hell i'm looking at

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is it amusing how DB started off as pretty much a gag manga

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

another big thing also is that kid Goku in DB was naive about the world, but he wasn't an idiot.

while in DBZ, he kind of went a bit closer to the idiot side imo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the scientific method says that if the same steps are repeated, it should lead to the same results. he's just making sure.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

No Dignity posted:

I suspect Dragon Ball Super will never have a satisfying conclusion and they'll jsut keep stringing it out until it's cancelled

don't think DBS has an endgame pattern in sight, its just gonna keep making up colors till its cancelled

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think its pretty realistic though that Krillin and Yamcha settled down and got regular jobs. most people don't keep doing the same thing they did as a teenager for life.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

can we all agree it was a missed opportunity in the Super Hero movie that
Cell Max didn't absorb #18 when she showed up, to at least give Krillin a spotlight moment

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i want the final arc to have vegeta saving everyone

and goku goes "wow, i guess you really are the strongest after all, vegeta"

end credits

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I thought from the initial trailer of Super Hero, that it looked way too much like an in-game cutscene of FightersZ, but it was actually pretty good looking.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Hope frieze shows up more often.
I like him just being there as a trolling rival to the two and doesn’t really seriously care about killing them anymore since it’s way more trouble than it’s worth.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Black August posted:

I'm sorry to inform you that what's actually happening is that his pride and bloodlust is now severely infected with his need to get the Fighting High again, and so what's he's actually done is reveal that he needs to massively train-overcompensate to return back to feeling like he did on Namek (overwhelmingly more powerful) while also leaving the door open for Goku and Vegeta to try to break limits and catch up to his impossible standard, which will lead to getting high once again when his new form gets beaten half to poo poo by God MUI or whatever the drug ends up being

so....sounds like a rival to me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

even the smallest vegeta dad moments is better than any good dad moments goku can do.

piccolo is already a good enough dad for gohan

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

How much weaker is main timeline adult trucks gonna be since he didn’t have live to thru a timeline of suffering and disaster, and all he’s doing is playing with goten

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

KittyEmpress posted:

It's important to remember Gotenks is a gag character whose main shtick is being funny even when fused successfully.

So that being said, a properly fused one might win if it's funnier for them to win.

yea, never took SSJ3 Gotenks seriously as a combatant and always been used as a gag.
That being said, even if used seriously.

Are the numbered forms (1,2,3) even viable now, in a meta of colors? (red, blue, white, orange)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Super Saiyan Sword and Super Saiyan Shield

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what's the deal with Master Roshi turning to be training in secret and now able to stand toe to toe with SSJ Goku

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

liked the scene in the dragonfist movie.
not sure what the original line was.

but Vegeta's house gets blown up, and the dub line is him going "Damnit, today was my day off!" Powers up to join the fight, and just gets onetapped into a cliff and that's it for him. Its like 'oh we have to remember to make sure Vegeta jobs this movie like all the other ones'

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vegeta was looking forward to taking Trunks to the park that day.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The transformation scenes looked awesome on the big screen

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

aren't goku and vegeta strong enough to just vaporize majin buu now with a giant blast and just kill him Cell style?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

holy wow, Krillin's daughter got big! How many years has this been since Tournament of Power when she still a baby/toddler

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bulma summoned the dragon so many times for minor free cosmetic adjustments, the dragon threw in a bonus for Piccolo like a stamp card to a food stand where for every 10 burritos you buy, you get one free.

lol @ #18 going with krillin because she thought he was sneaking off to meet with another woman

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vegeta beats Goku, at being a family man.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

felt pretty bad that Vegeta was so eager to pass on some saiyan heritage, and is just ignored as a joke.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

all the what if stories where Cell turns face and becomes a good guy are fun

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think he relied too much on his regen. abilities, he got so many what would have been fatal injuries from a lot of people
in ToP, he would have just gotten bopped out of the ring.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

There is some kind of tendency for Dragon Ball fans to self-insert as Goku, from what I can tell, as part of a power fantasy. You see a lot of cheating/harem posting in the same vein in some circles as well, suggesting Goku should get rid of Chi-Chi in favor of hooking up with Caulifla, 18, Vados, or (Insert Other Female Character Here).

Fanbases suck.

Goku x Launch

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so the movie takes place after reveal of Black Frieza? pretty wild

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

feel like beast form is a form he doesn't have control over and can only call upon it when he's pushed to the brink

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

checksin posted:

Krillin was microns away from slicing up frieza on namek with a destructo disc, and if he didn’t feel need to yell his move name first we wouldn’t be having this conversation

What if Krillin killed Nappa with the destructo disc, then killed Frieza with it.
Then against Cell, he got lucky and he aimed at where his core was, and it destroyed it on the microscopic level.
Then Krillin made an Anti-Magic Destruct Disc and beat Buu

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Frieza’s company probably wiping out other planets of life just to sell to other landlords probably didn’t help

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What excuse would you make to have berrus to actually go serious against goku and vegeta again when he’s best text friends with bulma

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I Isekai'd and awoke as a saibaman and became the strongest warrior in the universe

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Don't really dig Teen Goten's haircut, what is he thinking.

I think they lost some bit that they cut out the Gamma's reaction to Pan being shot at. In the movie, that was the last straw for them to declare that they now know which is the evil ones and stop fighting. Here, they just stop and go like "...."?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh, must have hit the arrow key too fast, i hate the viz page viewer

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea, I said it before, but DBS's art and framework suck rear end and downright ugly at times.

DBZ and DB, the art and paneling is so crisp and easy to follow. A while ago, I seen some videos comparing the manga to the anime. Like say parts of the Cell saga alongside eachother. At a bunch of times, its following the panels and 'camera angles' of the manga perfectly and it actually works.

I haven't actually read closely all the DBS stuff, mainly the few random key chapters here and there. But I did read a bit of the last Super arc with the black frieza and that other guy stirring trouble. The final fight there looked so sloppy. If the anime tried to follow the panels and cuts and camera views, it would look like a disaster.

This Super Hero part manages to get saved because its the one copying the movie panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

When you think about it, most of the cast should be wearing glasses given how many random solar flares they eaten thru the series and staring directly into the center of ki-blasts as they’re aimed at them