Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

hot take on the ground floor: Goku is good

Goku is Good for sure, he's just a hilariously dumb person with the brain damages, so we gotta forgive all the bullshit that his Good comes at the cost of, and it's why we love him

ps Kaioken best technique in all of Dragon Ball, first page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Like a savory green bean with the consistency of a hard peanut

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Fun A+ episode, hope Cauli feels like a piece of poo poo and equally hope Kale grows the gently caress up in a hurry

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, c'mon, Goku's pals with Zen-Oh and it's been implied for a while now that the chief angel is Not A Good Guy, if there isn't some "deleting the universes serves the angels' secret plan so we have to un-delete them", I will eat a hat.

$10 says that someone wishes the universes back, Zen-chans go "ok cool we're fine with that this was so fun" and then the Grand Angel loses his loving mind, cue Angel Saga

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I kind of like that God is a form in the manga, shame anime doesn't use it, but it'd probably be murder to animate considering how crazy that red aura got

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah I'm lookin' forward to that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figured the aim was that U6 and U7, alone, were so close to each other as to be more reflections, twinned by their Destroyers. The other universes share a more overall thematic link, like the Sentai/Sailor sort of split, instead of being close enough to share the same species and concepts.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dragon ball is a surprisingly good metric for when you want to measure how insane our access to content and on demand entertainment has become, compared to the prior 20 years we grew up in

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Spoiler image for tomorrow's episode:

They gay

Also Brianne does something.

Huh ok that's cute I'm glad that they're ok with showing that kind of affJESUS loving CHRIST

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku's Heaven is a series of people like Cauli who just keep getting beaten, come back strong, beat him, he comes back stronger, beats them, etc, and this is essentially the only way he'll ever be happy

Sadly everyone who is hideously powerful enough to do this also always wants to murder life

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

kale has to fight against heavily institutionalized hatred as the Canon Replacement Broly and you need to support her in her time of need while she keeps being a self-loathing demure shithead finally close to being Better Than Broccoli

and then you need to scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, and scream, when you realize she will be in Fusions 2 with the ol' Brole Role

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hit strikes me as Goku going full loop and rival-flirting with the mirror-verse of his own first rival

If Piccolo could pick up some new tricks on Hit's level it'd be cool to see him get truly competitive again

Bring back the Demon King dammit, let the slugman show off weird divine sorcery and techs that mess with the majority "hit them, then hit them harder" fighters

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think it's endearing that Goku has so many old friends who call him so many different names

Goku
Son-kun
Son
Goku-ka
Dad
Karkarot(to)
Son Goku
SON. GOKU.
Dirty Monkey

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm proud of Goku

He trained so hard for so long and with such stubborn will

That he has become a modern born myth and multicultural icon and figure of strength :)

The joke is that SUN WUKONG WINS AGAIN

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Covok posted:

I'd argue that most fans of Dragonball do not know who Sun Wukong is.

Yes, exactly. It's why he wins again. Nobody connects the dots. Yet notice how in Super, he begins to talk of defying the gods.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nessus posted:

Or what if two dance fusions fuse with the Potara earrings?

Two punches ends Zen-chan

The resulting warrior however is trapped in a state of mad divine zen and murderous intent as they boil with the minds of four warriors raging for a way to expend all that multiplied quadratic fusion energy

Probably ending in universal destruction

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I always assumed the reason was "poo poo I'm beat from overpowering a Super Saiyan and going through time, I think I'll take advantage by going back so far I can just burrow and power up slowly until a safe time for surprise" I had no idea it was sapce issues

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

the terror we must all confront is realizing that for more than 20 years, Goku has been looking us in the eye with that goddamn smile and saying with no lie

"This isn't even my final form."

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am still $10 down with no reservations that by the end of this Goku will be punching the Grand Priest and likely the exempt Destroyers and some angels, but not that it'll end in Zen-chan crumpled like a soda can, it's clear he's literally a child with no clear grasp idea of the consequences and will probably be shuffled aside to even allow anyone to fight without ultraerasure

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

But maybe it'll just end with Beerus going 'oh poo poo Goku's stronger then me now I guess I have to train again' after the Tournament.

it's this and you drat well know it, this is dragon ball of course Goku has already surpassed Beerus with the *endless* comments of "wow is he stronger than a GoD" [Beerus throws cat poo poo in screaming denial]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

JU

BAI

DA

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

$10 says Vados ends up feeling unexpected grief and hurt over Gooder Beerus being wiped from the slate when the day comes

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need an episode past all of this titled Beerus & Champa Have A Family Outing At A Soccer Match

At the end of the episode once they survey the ruins of the game (which they had nothing to do with) they will agree humbly they have a lot to learn as Destroyers

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So basically Goku could have been using Red this whole time since he got it, and he technically was whenever he was Blue, but it was the newest hottest power form so he just dumped God like it was the Kaioken post-Namek and exclusively went Red+Gold for that sweet Blue

THEN he added Kaioken on top of that because Goku is out of his loving mind and is slamming on templates and buffs like he was running D&D in 2003

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

He can clearly Kaioken it at a x2 without being risky, but yeah x10 seemed more like Goku experimenting with the new edge to push, and Christ knows what that means now after so much training and time

Besides the new form and the possible horror of "He can stack Kaioken on top of THAT too"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It just sucks because Red is WAY cooler than Blue

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

red is the epitome of deviantart level sanic the edgeheg design

Eat poo poo the aura is goddamn godfire and Goku finally gets to keep his hair from getting a boner (or thirty) for once

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

HitTheTargets posted:

Like, jump over it though?

No see Goku did EXACTLY what he had to

By racing through the wires, he unnerved and freaked out the Pride Trooper just enough to send him into a panic, leaving him open for a possible defeat

Using a burst of Blue was a calculation to achieve that and have enough for the follow up to knock him senseless, and it drat well worked

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

no it's probably just that beerus is still way stronger than either of them and will be for the foreseeable future despite this thread's bizarre insistence on thinking otherwise

Your insistence that Beerus cannot be surpassed when he's shown constant panic over Goku's ever growing power (and had Whis outright say "There is an example of a mortal stronger than Destroyers HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT oh is that parfait") is equally as strange, especially in a show where even the opening title talks about 'breaking walls' and limits while on the cosmic stage

Goku is stronger or going to be stronger than Beerus and to me that is an entirely foregone conclusion and the point of this whole dumb goddamn punchshow

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

NutritiousSnack posted:

Goku is going to word the wish wrong and bring back all the universes Zeno killed, including an extremely powerful evil one, that he Goku will need to take on personally

$10 down on this

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

vegeta had an ice cream and loving loved it so i don't see the point

I am loving proud of Vegeta and I love it in a fictional character this old and still going

I actually smiled when he reassured Cabba that the Saiyans of U7 'don't maraud anymore' and he goddamn well meant it and was happy to say it, all this tryhard has ever wanted at the end of the day was for his species to be happy and proud doing what they do best, punching assholes and being angry

Now he's a great and caring dad and you can genuinely feel his hopes for a U6 reunion and sight of his origin planet, and maybe the return of his kind someday in his poor sad sorry nightmare universe, after begetting a son as cursed as Future Trunks

If you had to sit me down and ask, I'd even say Vegeta is the secret Main Character of Dragonball, who has experienced a tremendous arc of rises and falls and growth comparative to the others, changing nearly every arc as he rivals with his eternal villain (Goku) and fights against the proud and depraved of his fighting nature, achieving apotheosis and a grand finale reach for the love of his family above all else

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Calibanibal posted:

gohan represents modern japanese youth so whenever he fucks up big time, which is all the time, understand that toriyama is making a social commentary

That the old guard have created unsustainable levels and growths, and have forced their youth towards it relentlessly with no care for their own goals or needs to contribute in society, dragged into disaster after disaster by their elders as they seek out non-family figures for genuine validation, their potential taken and forced to be burnt out on the whims of the overdriven?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

reignofevil posted:

Actually the youth of today just really like the color green

green is hella underrated and good

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

bobjr posted:

I wonder if Goku would mix up one of the other two Namekians with Piccolo.

they are OLIVE thank you excuse me

Piccolo is MUTANT TURTLE

get some color culture, thug

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jedah posted:

Maybe I'm overthinking this. :psyduck:

please respect Goku and Vegeta's age and ability to absorb absolutely tremendous amounts of trauma as they take heablow after headblow and slowly stumble towards a boxer's nightmare end, but with Saiyans, so they just eat more and fight dumber

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kanos posted:

I don't even mind Jiren being held back as his team's ace, I just wish he'd actually talk and react and generally do things besides stand there stoically and silently with his arms folded.

he uses Kenshiro's VA they probably want to save him for specials and the end only

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I bet Frieza gets a wank episode where he devastates two entire universes into erasure by himself just to level things off

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I bet Jiren doesn't love fighting though, I bet he's Anti-Goku where he's super loving good at it but views it as an unpleasant necessity, and not what gives him a 24/7 boner, and he's gonna (try to) take Goku to task over it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

That does not preclude him learning to love fighting.

No I know, my bets is down on Jiren never learning that, or even to like Goku, maybe only so far as to join him for the inevitable Punch The Angels arc

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hakai Goku now

Like NOW

Freiza is already immune, monkey is not far behind if already too late with Silver Eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I wonder if the U6 team had and used any Dragon Balls from U6 Namek

If I was a universe with magic wish balls and WITHOUT a bunch if sweaty angry pride-consumed punchmen, I'd be abusing those fuckers harder than the Doctor's legendary power