Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Why did Gohan do something worse than Goku and not try to put up a real fight against the Yardat? Like, he even acknowledged, "I shouldn't let my guard down" to himself, and then immediately proceeded to apparently not really care to put in effort until Freeza saved his rear end by "fake" beating him up. Come the gently caress on, Nerd. At least actually try to get on Goku's level before you are stupid as him in handicapping yourself to "make a fight interesting".

But, of course, Gohan was not in any real danger--as we all know, the Yardat would have shot his attack, there would be a huge explosion with dust and the assumption that Gohan got hit and possibly knocked out of the arena...with the dust slowly disappearing and revealing a gold glow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Good Lord. I realized I hadn't watched the movie version of the Beerus Saga or whatever it's called these days. That ending sequence of their battle is one bit of foreshadowing after the next...

Edit: Battle of Gods, that's what'sitjizert.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

This is what I was rambling about earlier in this thread before these episodes were released. I'm surprised at the fact that they foreshadow this so early on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx7e_wXIqWA&t=360s

Prowler
May 24, 2004

They really seem to be hammering home the theme/idea that Saiyans (love that Saiyan in my phone dictionary by default) break new barriers by fighting opponents significantly stronger than they. Push beyond the limit, as it were.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Gohan is going to unlock some sort of hidden transformation related to being at peace--and overcome his cognitive dissonance re: killing family men and their universes vs. survival after he imagines the deletion of all of his family and has to meditate and calm his mind fast enough to unlock it right before Dyspo rings him out.

Everyone is impressed and amazed. Even the Grand Priest cannot deny, with initial surprise tempered with fear, that Gohan may be as strong as an angel.

Gohan proceeds to get three punch combos in before immediately being eliminated by self sacrifice for no perceivable reason.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

In one of those Dragon Ball Heroes opening cinematic/attraction/whatever, there was a scene where there were a bunch of planets, Earth included, chained together with an oversized padlock. I assume something like that will be the among the last few scenes, setting up "season 2" of DBS.

My prediction about Gohan was so goddamned off. Damnit, Gohan.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I like that Dragonball has so much cultural cache across the globe. I can't imagine Akira Toriyama thought his series would inspire--and be referenced by--other artists for decades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9lvvm4kvy4

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RBX posted:

I can't think of bad DB filler. People are scarred by Naruto and OP and bringing it into DB. Hell a large population watched first/ only watched and don't read manga to even know what's "filler".

Yes we do. It's called watching up to half of the Freeza saga then restarting the Raditz saga over and over until one day what feels like years later you get "new" episodes with new voice actors.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Larryb posted:

Why is it so farfetched for DB to start doing a weekly anime again? It’s still fairly popular last I checked

Also Jump Fiesta is this December so if we get any news it’ll most likely happen then

Bloomberg is sure that the Switch Pro will be announced any day now.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Larryb posted:

Not sure if there’s any official proof to back this up but:

https://twitter.com/dbs20191/status/1592222374489096194

I heavily skim this thread every so often--maybe once every two weeks, and I swear to God I've seen this exact same Tweet at least two other times.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

shots of Kami being blasted by lightning by the previous dead guardians.

Speaking of shots, you'd be dead if you drank each time they reused that same stale animation of them running and dodging lightning. It's where Final Fantasy X got inspiration for Lulu's ultimate weapon.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Finally got around to watching Super Hero.

It was fun, but uneven. My god Pan is adorable. Everything having to do with Piccolo and Gohan was ridiculously fan-ficcy, but it's glad to see them get the spotlight. Animation bugged me for most of the movie, but there were times where I might as well have been watching traditional animation, which is cool.

Very frogurt. Either way it was enjoyable.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

New Leaf posted:

How did you watch? English dub by chance? If so.. I'm interested in also watching.

Nah, sorry, Japanese dub with subtitles.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

It’s dragonball characters can get as strong as they need to be in no time at all if the plot demands it. Present Trunks could hit blue in a week when they reveal God S Cells or whatever

I can't remember, has Vegeta gone God outside of the manga?

Everyone involved in the ritual could have "awakened god powers" or something as a cheap powerup.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The problem with 3d animation is that everything looks so stiff. They lack the in-between frames that are exaggerated/deformed/skewed in a way that cannot happen with a 3d model. At its worst, 3d animation can look like two action figures with relatively high articulation going at it.

At its best, which you see during some of the fights in Super Hero, it looks just like traditional animation.

I do wonder which takes more effort: doing 2d animation, or making 3d animation look like 2d animation.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Endorph posted:

there are absolutely exaggerated inbetween frames in a fair amount of 3d animation

You're right, and I was literally thinking of animations in Smash Bros Ultimate while making the post (e.g. Wario's up smash with his huge, expanding head).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I had to block that site from appearing on my phone's news feed because they regularly had a ridiculously stupid, click-baity or mildly spoilerific headlines.