Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/BeltFanDan/status/1285313747326771200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

simply incredible

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i loving love wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, I kind of love the Moose belt being a Fandu belt. It'd only be better if they made it a storyline beat that someone found Moose's confirmation email for the purchase or if he loses the belt and leaves a negative review or something. Make it dumb because he's not a "real" champion anyway.

But Moose stinks, so don't actually do anything entertaining with him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Buying counterfeit belts is a step up from putting stickers over their old belts I guess. Who tf is buying TNA replica belts though lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahahaha phenomenal

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't like Moose or this story but its actually kind of funny and fitting if he had a fake belt. I mean, it is a fake belt. Where and how would he have gotten "the real one"?

But I also have no idea where "the real one" is. Or if there's more than one. Or honestly, I'm not sure I really thought about it before this moment. I'm now genuinely curious to learn the full history of where any and all TNA Heavyweight Championships came from or ended up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

by my count this is at least 3 times now TNA has had Fake Belts: the NWA replica in a burlap sack, Booker's legend's title, and this thing with Moose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love this stupid company and I'm glad it's going to outlive me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, I'm genuinely curious to deep dive into what a "fake belt" is. Because like Booker's Legends Belt? Is there a story to that I don't realize or are we just counting that because it was a vanity belt like the FTW or Million Dollar belt?

Championships are weird in wrestling. I mean championships are weird everywhere, just look at the history of boxing championships and sanctioning and unifications. Its a funny convoluted mess when you really start thinking about it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

See, I'm genuinely curious to deep dive into what a "fake belt" is. Because like Booker's Legends Belt? Is there a story to that I don't realize or are we just counting that because it was a vanity belt like the FTW or Million Dollar belt?

Championships are weird in wrestling. I mean championships are weird everywhere, just look at the history of boxing championships and sanctioning and unifications. Its a funny convoluted mess when you really start thinking about it.

as I recall, Booker just showed up with it one day, and I think after a while Cornette in storyline told him he had to defend it. I remember he had a pretty solid match with AJ for it, then AJ celebrated like it was the world heavyweight championship, even though in storyline it was basically just Booker's possession, not a "TNA Sanctioned Belt" or whatever

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That is basically the kayfabe history of it. But that's also basically the kayfabe history of every vanity belt. Cage is defending the FTW belt right now and Sabu once won it from Taz.

Its a funny thing about how a title gets "sanctioned". Like basically it just means that company chooses to recognize it. And really, that happens all the time. AEW chose to recognize Kenny's AAA Championship. WWE once chose to recognize NWA championships and the ECW Championship. The NWA belt has been tossed around and recognized and "unsanctioned" by so many companies over the year it would be impossible to name them all.

So like the Impact X Division Championship is "credible" because it has history. But 20 years ago it was a belt they handed to someone after a 4 way match. And then 10 years later Booker T showed up with a belt and they made a story out of AJ winning it from him and "legitimizing" it. The Knockouts chamopionship was established in a battle royal. Some belts are established in tournaments and some are handed to wrestlers. Its all very arbitrary.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Legends belt was dumb. I think the Moose thing is dumb. I just think the entire idea of "fake" vs "real" championships is kinda funny when you really start thinking about it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Buying counterfeit belts is a step up from putting stickers over their old belts I guess. Who tf is buying TNA replica belts though lmao

TNA

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

DJExile posted:

by my count this is at least 3 times now TNA has had Fake Belts: the NWA replica in a burlap sack, Booker's legend's title, and this thing with Moose

...the time Rhyno burned a bag that was supposed to contain the ECW heavyweight title (right as Vince revived the name)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tessa Blanchard help the title hostage? What a loving goober.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's kinda' weird that they even let wrestlers take the title with them instead of having it travel with the production.

A holdover from the old days, I guess. I kinda' like it, but occasionally it leads to stuff like this.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It's kinda' weird that they even let wrestlers take the title with them instead of having it travel with the production.

A holdover from the old days, I guess. I kinda' like it, but occasionally it leads to stuff like this.

AFAIK, they usually have two belts, one that stays with the wrestler, and one that stays with the company.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I know, nowadays, WWE has two sets of belts. One the wrestler carries with them for promotional appearances and house shows, and a second, pristine belt to be worn on their HD shows.

But that wasn't always the case.

Here's Mr Perfect beating Tito Santana in the IC tournament finals, and he's presented with ... one of the tag team titles, because, I guess, they were releathering the IC belt from a yellow strap back to black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1bsAeyj8QA

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Because I like lists like this, the lineage of TNA's Non-X-Division Secondary Title:

Legends Championship
October 2008: Booker T just sort of shows up, declares himself the TNA Legends Champion.
March 2009: AJ Styles defeats Booker for the Legends championship, everyone treats it like a real belt
July 2009-October 2009: the belt is passed around to Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash again, and eventually Eric Young

Global Championship
October 2019: Heel Eric Young, leader of the Global Elite, changes the name to the Global Championship.
July 2010: AJ Style gets his second reign with [INSERT TITLE HERE] Championship and renames it the Television Championship, because the world is flat and globes are a hoax.

Television Championship
2010-2012: The belt switches between luminaries like Abyss, Gunner, Eric Young (who had a "Concussion Makes Him Stupid" gimmick at this point, and tried to solely defend the belt against 'television stars' like Jason Hervey), and Robbie E.

A RETURN TO HONOR
April 19, 2012: Commissioner Hulk Hogan declares that he will bring prestige back to the television title, telling current title holder Devon that he must defend the belt every week on TV. This lasts for three weeks, on the fourth Devon joins in a Battle Royal (that he loses). then continues for another month or so until
September 2012: Devon gets into a contract dispute and is stripped of the title. Samoa Joe wins a tournament for the vacant TV title.
October 2012: Devon wins it back, and defends it a total of three times over ten months
June 2013: Abyss defeats Devon in a squash at Slammiversary

A FURTHER RETURN TO HONOR
June 2013-July 2014: Abyss does not defend the TV title a single time, and generally doesn't carry or mention it.
July 3, 2014: Kurt Angle declares the belt defunct as one of his first acts as General Manager.

BUT WAIT
July 2015: The TV title was reactivated as King of the Mountain Championship, because __________________. Jeff Jarrett is the inaugural King of the Mountain.
August 2015: Jeff Jarrett vacates the belt after becoming GM.
August 2015-August 2016: It's a belt, I guess, and gets unified with the TNA title.

So technically, Eddie Edwards is the current TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact Legends/Global/TV/King of the Mountain title. It's probable that Billy Corgan has the actual title.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Lashley was World Champ and Eddie was X champ and they were feuding. And they had a Title vs Title match but in the leadup Lashley went around collecting the Global and KotM belts and just "unifying" and disappearing them? I think? Which is probably the best booking decisions ever made with those belts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The WWF Hardcore title started out as just a prop for Mankind.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Don't forget the Grand Championship which was defended in Rounds matches until it no longer was

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that was what I meant with "Global." There were a lot of title name changes and I had started to tune out by the time that stupid thing showed up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I think Lashley was World Champ and Eddie was X champ and they were feuding.

The only thing I remember about their feud was during the Hardy Compound episode they had a match that ended with them brawling out of the building and getting counted out because of it, and then an hour later during the main event tag clusterfuck outside, they were randomly spotted still brawling in the woods :lmao:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't like Moose or this story but its actually kind of funny and fitting if he had a fake belt. I mean, it is a fake belt. Where and how would he have gotten "the real one"?

But I also have no idea where "the real one" is. Or if there's more than one. Or honestly, I'm not sure I really thought about it before this moment. I'm now genuinely curious to learn the full history of where any and all TNA Heavyweight Championships came from or ended up.

According to Wikipedia, Bobby Lashley is the last person to hold the specific TNA world title belt, before it being renamed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Eric Young shirt https://shopimpact.com/collections/slammiversary-suprise/products/ewjw131150m?variant=35214697103522

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA continuing the trend of graphic design that looks like a stain. I like that the shirt isn't a generic black one but how are you gonna put a green logo on a green shirt.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

loltna.txt

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1285741239283875840

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I found out today that Impact Wrestling is on Twitch still. Very convenient for watching! I missed the first hour though. Excited to see MCMG fight for the tag titles though. I hear The North is good!

So far I've seen: Eddie Edwards cut a promo about how he's going to do an Open Challenge for the World belt every week and tease a feud with Eric Young. Moose have a fun little tv match with a huge Phillipino guy who is friends with TJP so I'm somewhat non-plussed with him, and then EC3 came out and beat up Moose so I guess he's a face and is going to feud for the TNA belt? And the Good Brothers are clowning a guy in shades with blue hair and all his friends. I'd say its all solid, though nothing all that special.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Eddie is one of the worst mic workers in the world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tuned in just in time for the MCMG title shot. Nice that they're giving it so much time having it start now

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

fatherofmustard posted:

Eddie is one of the worst mic workers in the world.

I can't say I disagree with that based on the promo he delivered. Hopefully he's good at the wrestling part since he's doing weekly title matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sanguinia posted:

a huge Phillipino guy who is friends with TJP so I'm somewhat non-plussed with him

That’s Fallah Bahh and he’s a real fun face and was specifically singled out by a number of women wrestlers as one of the guys who actually stood up for them and pushed back against the toxic sexist locker room culture in wrestling.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That assisted suicide dive from The North was neat.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

STAC Goat posted:

That’s Fallah Bahh and he’s a real fun face and was specifically singled out by a number of women wrestlers as one of the guys who actually stood up for them and pushed back against the toxic sexist locker room culture in wrestling.

:unsmith: I guess I can forgive TJP's pressence

Also this match is a little on the low-key side because of how much the North was getting, but its picking up now!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ethan Page is bumping his rear end off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

THEY DID IT :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

that was fun mcmg are cool