Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Burkion please remind me what the good GARO seasons are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Build's first two episodes are pretty solid. The way this show is edited feels very... abrupt? The show moves from scene to scene very quickly. It's an interesting shift compared to the previous heisei rider shows. Night Rogue is the dumbest name but also I really like his design.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I almost want to say it's impossible for Ryuuga not to be the secondary rider. He's got the motivation, the motorcycle, and he's also someone who went through the whole smashification process without turning into a monster. Plus that bit in the op where he's punching goons is begging to be re-cut with him in rider form.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

The moment I saw cafe man leaving with a bike helmet, I knew that he was going to be a secondary rider.

EDIT: Actually I just realized, did the magazine scans say there would be one or two secondary riders?

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 24, 2017

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

So going by the next episode preview are they're pretty heavily implying that Sento was originally the devil's scientist guy and that he got body-switched with Tarou.

Of course, wouldn't be the first time a preview lied :v:

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Huh, if my theory that Sento is actually a bodyswapped Katsuragi is true, you could view the tuft of hair sticking up as a bit of subtle foreshadowing. Just this episode I realized it's curved a bit like a devil's horn.

Though that might be a bit of a reach.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

In hindsight, it's probably not a coincidence that the two people who came to Katsuragi's apartment are also the only two people who haven't turned into smash after the treatment.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Also Soichi's look of betrayal at everyone pulling out canned coffee instead of drinking his was poetry in motion.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Had some time to ruminate on it, and I really like the trajectory they're taking with Banjou and Sento. You have the initial setup of Sento trusting Banjou despite the shady poo poo around him, as well as the whole thing with Banjou learning to be a hero from Sento's example. But as the story goes on and more shady poo poo surrounding Sento's past is being revealed, it sets up a sort of reverse situation where Banjou has to be the one to believe in Sento despite circumstances, which'll be a good moment for capping off this initial character arc for Banjou.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Setting the rpg in the timeforce police academy is actually a pretty dope idea.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I love the fireworks every time night rogue transforms.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I can't believe I didn't catch that wolf and smartphone being a best match was a faiz reference.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I really like that (build spoilers) they just straight up took away all of Sento's fullbottles. Adds a direct goal for the main characters (get them back) and it gives Banjou and Sento catalysts for character development. Banjou has to grapple with the full brunt of being a hero and Sento will have to struggle with his powerlessness and learning to contribute in different ways.

Kamen Rider Build is such a loving good show.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Hi just dropping by to say Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 is the best story arc in the entirety of post-decade rider shows, and the only reason I qualify this statement is because I haven't actually finished any of the older series.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure there were others concerned about it, but these three were specifically chosen to be Lupinranger by whatever hand is behind the butler.

"Butler, the Lupin Collection has been stolen! Recruit a team of young adults with attitude!"

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I'm trying to remember the timeline between Gentoku actually leaving Touto and returning as Seito's Kamen Rider. It was a week for Sento to prepare for his duel with Grease, did he leave a few days before his dad proposed the duel w/ Hokuto or was it literally just a week for him to go through whatever character development occurred in Seito? I guess it doesn't matter either way, maybe it's more the show's breakneck pacing that leaves the turnaround time feeling kind of jarring.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I can't believe they brought back the gag about Banjou recounting his life story in a plot relevant way.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

I really like all of the amazons suits. Kabuto right behind them. Though thinking about it now there are very few (base form at least) suit designs that I would consider bad in kamen rider. Even Ex-Aid's aesthetic I wasn't jazzed about but it grew on me.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Not going to lie I'm a little sad the faiz stuff didn't go in the direction I hoped and have a time jacker turn kusaka into another faiz.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Started watching Garo season 1 and Kouga Saezima is such a loving nerd. I drat near laughed out loud at the scene where in episode 4 after he tells the kid who lost his dad to be strong and he dramatically flips his long coat as he turns to run in the other direction, and it cuts to this far out home camcorder looking shot as he runs off that somehow makes him look even more like a larper.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

same energy

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Episode 14 of GARO: Man the stern angry face that Kouga's actor uses has surprising versatility. You can feel him sulking about having to give up his ring dad. Also, at first I was questioning why Kaoru suddenly cares enough about Kouga and Rei getting along to go talk to Rei when he's definitely attempted killing her but after seeing that sweet painting I totally get why she thought it was the best idea ever.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

On Garo episode 19 and I loving hate everyone basically telling Kaoru 'hey forgive Kouga he's trying to save you' and refusing to acknowledge how lovely and patronizing it was to have kept the horror bait and 100 days till you die a horrible death things a secret from her. Kouga even admitted before that he was using her as bait at first, there should be an actual conversation between them where he has to own up to that to her. Maybe this gets done in later episodes and I'll gladly eat my hat if so but given Garo's track record with female characters I'm not inclined to think that'll happen. It's a shame b/c otherwise I'm enjoying the show but given how central Kaoru is to the story, these issues are too prominent for it to not leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Do problems like this continue through the other seasons or is it unique to this first one?

Fake edit: Oh hey just finished the episode, guess Jabi's dead. Cool. Thanks Garo.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Episode 21 of GARO, I'm glad everyone is ribbing Kouga for being such a nerd who can't express his feelings.

EDIT: those drawings :3:

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 5, 2019

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Finished Garo season 1. That was a really loving good finale. My problems stated earlier still stand but there's a heart to Garo that makes it hard to truly dislike.

Arigato, Garo.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Watched the midnight sun GARO special and I am glad Jabi got the shine she deserved. Started Season 2 and seeing Kouga driving a car has to be the most surreal thing I've seen in this entire show.

EDIT: Kouga is the best.

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 26, 2019

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Garo Season 2 Episode 5: I wish I could love anything as much as this man loves manhole covers.

EDIT:
This name just tickles me for some reason :allears:

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 15, 2019

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Someone who knows japanese please place this hank hill accent and settle the debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JH4YIXfNeA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

Dan Masamune was definitely shoehorned in but also having a villain that's a corporate scumbag profiteering off of human life get kicked in the loving face a whole lot was very cathartic so I don't care.