Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Please do not link the thicc mommy titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"Comedy"

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what an absolutely hideous rabbit hole

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I like how he says "grown" instead of "adult" for that extra weird vibe

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

hell yeah noodle master

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

incredible

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i didn't care until i took a second look at that cover art

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sorry what

The negima guy of all people?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what uh

what freedom of expression in media specifically is he championing

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Shugojin posted:

(staring off into the void)

i'm sure you already know and hate the answer to this question

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I'm having memories of Negima now and I'm not certain I like where this is heading

Neito posted:

I want you to think really, really hard about this man's output, creatively, and then ask that question again.

i was hoping someone would give me a different answer than the protection of his god given right to draw sexy middle schoolers

i'm not sure i really understand this. his stated protection is some kind of slippery slope protection, against uh, hm, "discriminatory expressions"

is he protecting the right to be racist or some poo poo?

i'm not sure if that's relieving or even more concerning

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah the thing that gets me though is even taking it at face value it still sounds weird and lovely

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Akamatsu has basically become one of those guys complaining about western wokeness tainting manga.

Do he have any good quotes on this

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

lmao

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'll be honest I do think there was more to SAO's success than "people understood the basic concept of the story"

That's not a high bar to clear really

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

leaders are genetically superior and hosed all the babes until the bible came along and fixed that

this is why average men are allowed to have sex, please take a moment to thank jesus for letting you get laid

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yes they're called fascists also maybe the kind of thing that shouldn't be spoiled in a non-AoT thread

I'd have been pretty upset if I hadn't just watched the anime finale yesterday

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That sounds sick what is the Yamaha manga

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

honestly i do kinda miss those

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what a treasure of a post

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

A divine wish isn't a prayer?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

wasn't the knight who made golems the cat knight?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I would like exactly 1 more hint as to why people are having the reaction they do to this manga before I consider reading it myself

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

This was many more hints than 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i can't believe someone would mention "effectively engages with audience expectations" as a positive for a story

the concept that someone might enjoy a plot twist for catching them off guard or be disappointed that a plot "twist" did not do so effectively is anathema to media discussion