Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Losing my poo poo at "expect my mom......"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Man, this new Electric Six track sucks.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hate-Senpai posted:

I wonder if there's a word for fear of NTR.

Jealousy is close, but it's less fear so much as suspicion or anger.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shinjobi posted:

Totally gonna start calling people secondaries.

Like, what the hell is that?

Secondaries are people who get into historical mythology through the Fate series as opposed to the original Matters of England, Matters of France, etc.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There are entire genres this could apply to.

me when Goku and Freiza spend 12 episodes powering up

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t understand being angry that a site wants to go legit eventually.

Mangadex could go legit right this very second if they were wanted to; they'd just have to drop all their content. They haven't done that, because the goal isn't to "go legit." They're perfectly fine being a pirate website, but hey, if by chance they become a big enough problem that a publisher decides that buying them out is the easiest solution, then why not take the money?

It sucks for fan translators who want the security of one hosting website that will last forever or some poo poo, but even Animesuki only lasted 11 years and :lol: at expecting Mangadex to take some ethical position in favor of piracy.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
love wins

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Technically this isn't anime, however:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Huzzah! posted:

Vore can be romantic, too.

/

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Glad to here things are going well for Prince Phillip.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nebrilos posted:

That is the second or third description of a series that talks about "Cultivation." What is that intended to mean?

I'm simplifying things, but basically "cultivation" is a method of training the mind and body through proper exercise, diet, and mystic/religious training.

IIRC it's was a originally a concept in certain branches of taoism, but nowadays it's mostly used as an excuse for characters to have special martial arts and/or superpowers, especially in Chinese media.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The big thing is that Japan's humongous independent comic scene and independent comic-to-professional pipeline makes this very visible.

You can bet most western artists draw all the same stuff, but if it's distributed at all it's through a pseudonym on tumblr or whatever site is popular now.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

thetoughestbean posted:

Sometimes I think about the drawings of sexy mice women that Osamu Tezuka’s daughter found in his drawers after his death

The dude bankrupted his company producing erotic animated features.* His sexy mice women were the least surprisingly thing in the world.

* There were other factors as well.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RareAcumen posted:

This isn't a grammatically word salad comment from a manga comment section but I can't help but feel like it's extremely incorrect regardless though?

https://twitter.com/galesiege/status/1627532681612505089?s=46&t=05BQH617_cRlZ__0xdCXxg

Tezuka developed the "mukokuseki" style as a response to difficulties trying to market the Astroboy cartoon outside Japan. Later anime studios purposefully adopted it, and from there its tenets filtered through the broader culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

is there an actual community of aot manga readers who thought the whole genocide everyone else in the world a good thing

We had one in this very forum before they got permabanned for consistently being nasty + bragging about their list of forum enemies.