Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

People on this site are ridiuclous and think any time the hero and heroine talk to anyone but each other NTR is afoot

Yeah, manga commentors all sound like they've experienced some sort of terrible cheating-related trauma or something, because they always completely flip their poo poo any time the main love interest interacts with anyone other than the protagonist.

It's actually kinda fascinating in terms of being an online manifestation of real-life insecurity. Reminds me of when I was 15 and got all paranoid about my girlfriend at the time hanging out with her guy friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Can Of Worms posted:

It's My ID is Gangnam Beauty. I binged through it last weekend, it was surprisingly compelling!

Ah, this is pretty good! Korea seems to be much better at these sorts of romantic dramas, at least on average.

edit: hahaha I feel so bad for the love interest guy in this, he's such a dork

edit2: lmao that it ends with an extra where secondary love interest falls in love at first sight with the mom of the main love interest

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 19, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just realized that this thread is a good place to post this deranged Youtube comment I found on a clip from the 12 Kingdoms anime - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNYV_Tso68

The context of the clip is that this king has been executing huge numbers of people (300,000 per year, which is especially nuts since I'm pretty sure the population of countries in the 12 kingdoms is less than populous Earth countries) for any crime, no matter how minor. People finally rebel and execute the king and his wife (their daughter ends up being exiled and becomes one of the characters that gets followed by the story).

The comment in question (quoted below) is basically like "actually the king wasn't so bad and it was wrong to rebel against him." The part near the end where they mention the daughter of the noble who committed crimes is especially funny, because the story is comically transparent about the fact that the crime was completely fabricated by the king's wife as an excuse to kill the daughter, who she was jealous of for being similarly pretty to the princess. Like the scene in question is literally "someone complimenting the other girl's appearance" followed by the king's wife whispering into his ear about a noble accepting bribery. It very funny to me that someone could see that and be like "such a shame that the noble had to accept bribery..."

quote:

Ah i remember watching this and now that I look back on it more than ever do I disagree with the rebellion. Killing entire families were wrong, but punishing people for theft was wrong why? yes, killing them was no good, but should people be allowed to steal and take what they haven't worked for just because they are starving? Imagine this: Two people. Both need to eat an entire loaf of bread in order to live but there is only one loaf of bread. One of them through hard work manage to buy the bread... but then the other person steals it from them. Should the person that stole it from them be allowed to do so? Yes it is understandable but in the end should be allowed? SO how do you solve it? If the person that bought the bread try to keep it then they would have to fight... now imagine this on the scale of an entire country. This is why there are rules and laws. While a ruler need to take everything into consideration, for the good of the nation and perhaps saving a hundred million people, the ruler might be forced to kill 300 000 people.

Consider this:

When a ruler in the 12 kingdoms die, that nation will quickly be infested by plagues and monsters. In other words, there will be more deaths if the ruler dies than if they lived. So if they wanted to protect the citizens, was killing the ruler really the best solution?

That said, it really was sad. The princess only had a vague understanding of things and never understood what was really happening. She was really good friends with the daughter of a noble that created beautiful dresses. That noble committed crimes and stole money. As a consequence the entire family was executed, including the friend of the princess yet the princess were never aware and never found out.

Genuinely one of the most insane things I've seen - it reads like someone doing an exaggerated imitation of a right-wing "law and order" argument.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the mental image of someone seeing "they" in a comic and getting visibly upset and pacing around in impotent rage, before going to post about it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like to imagine that "intimate parts" here is referring to, like, belly buttons or something. The person posting it is 11 years old and just getting over-stimulated by these anime babes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This method can actually be exploited to achieve omnipotence. The method goes like this:

1. Gradually increase the level of mistakes in text you read. You will learn to infer meaning despite the mistakes

2. Eventually this will lead to you learning to infer information and meaning from a string of random letters - i.e. nothing at all. You have learned to draw information from nothingness and achieved omnipotence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Storytelling is about jacking your readers