Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

flashman posted:

I don't wanna see skywrath in all my games though
That also means AM is back. (Despite the fact that Skywrath is pretty good against AM up until AM gets Manta and feasts on his bird bones for the rest of the game.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

flashman posted:

I don't wanna see skywrath in all my games though

Just buy a force staff.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Just buy a force staff.

That's the cowards way out. Buy a blademail instead.

Buy the force staff because you can save other people too.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you can also kill your teammates with force staff. buy it everygame.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/4178852863469164127

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.dota2.com/crownfall

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The story mode stuff looks neat as a way to get people to try new heroes, like the cavern from TI battlepasses.

Also I am stoked for the return of Arcanas you can just buy. Gonna get me that Venge arcana as soon as I scrounge up 10 coins

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:supaburn:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Finally

Edit:
Where's the new hero though?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The sheer disappointment from people frothing at the mouth the last 48 hours is hilarious.

EDIT: It uses the Pac-Man wakka wakka when you traverse the story map. 10/10 patch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wait, yea, what, this is literally just Skins and dumb poo poo? Oi

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

People are going to be real mad we waited this long for a patch and there's no balance changes and no Ringmaster.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Dota 2 entering its tf2 maintenance mode era.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hopefully a real patch hits before the Fallout 4 update next Thu breaks all my mods.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Either Valve gives zero shits at this point and is just openly milking the playerbase, or they got the completely wrong message from the fact that people really missed the Battle Pass.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

there was a reddit post about Ringmaster being released at TI and that makes perfect sense

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Just go back to doing a battle pass that contributes to a tournament prize pool and I’ll gladly spend money even when I’m playing like <30 games a year

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Wait Where's the big balance patch

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

flashman posted:

Wait Where's the big balance patch

It was in our hearts all along.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lmao sensational. I don't mind current dota so I'm not too mad at it but patches are always exciting

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

flashman posted:

Lmao sensational. I don't mind current dota so I'm not too mad at it but patches are always exciting

They need to nerf high ground. That's all I care about.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Wait Crownfall is just a cavern crawl type thing and not an actual game mode like Aghs Lab? They were talking about how it grew in scope and that's why it was taking so long lol

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Whelp back to MTG, which just released the best expansion in a long time. Pretty dumb of Valve to name the cosmetics-only patch and get everyone excited when they've reserved that for major content patches in the past.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Super-NintendoUser posted:

They need to nerf high ground. That's all I care about.

i could do with the T2 being a bit easier to take as well. It feels like the game is tuned to games lasting at least 30-35min regardless of what's happening, and whether I'm stomping or being stomped it feels like you're waiting out a timer before the game is allowed to end.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Not what I was really expecting from an update, but okay

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Real stomps end in 20-25 (or even less) if the cores in your bracket are any good at farming

I will say pushing hg sucks when sniper is in 50% of my games though

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

emdash posted:

Real stomps end in 20-25 (or even less) if the cores in your bracket are any good at farming

People aren't good at farming in Archon and usually at least 4 people on the losing team will make some attempt at defense no matter how unlikely success is, if only so they don't get reported for being the one guy hiding in the woods instead of defending high ground. There's just a huge bunch of potential break points between minute 20 and ending the game that encourage people to quit pushing and wander away for a few minutes. Like maybe your offlaner is hitting the T3 in melee and he's the only one the losing team can hit without triggering a losing teamfight so they throw everything at that one guy and he dies or has to TP back to base. Then the winning team has to wait for him to respawn, and then regroup, except one guy is kinda off on his own because he's 300g from his next item, and yeah, 30-35min in most of my games. Entirely possible there's no vlads, greaves, pipe, or anything even approaching that nature on the winning team either.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
yeah, farming is The Thing i want to learn to get good at, but I love brawling too much.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

An immortal /divine/ not calibrated three stack just wiped the floor with my puck mid. Queued into them again the next game and just demolished lane and game with bristle back and they were so salty. I will never replicate this high

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
sniper needs to be brutally murdered

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
just woke up and it's hard to judge if i'm more disappointed than the christmas where the only game i received was Primal Rage

I'm not because Primal Rage was real bad but it's close

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paying for Dota Plus so I can dodge the "VERY HIGH" skill variance in my turbo games has made the game like 500x more enjoyable and I love cavern crawl bullshit so those two things combined made this update incredibly cool.

Also I thought Spectre was in a really bad place (I'm sure she is in like higher ranked/pro games) but it turns out my friend had just been always doing radiance build instead of battle build and lmao I'm gonna love picking this hero again more often.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm exactly the kind of player this update is geared for (reads the lore, will spend money on dumb poo poo) so I'm actually pretty into it. I am surprised they didn't ship Ringmaster with this update just so people who don't care about that stuff would still have something to enjoy, but presumably it'll be coming in May.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
to be honest i'm not crying out for gameplay changes - i've won my past 8 matches - but it does feel a bit crappy

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i had an incredibly long spiel ready for my lp thread based on gameplay changes lol

still, it is funny.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the gameplay patch is still coming, not sure why people think they just aren't doing one. Odds are they're doing what they did with Muerta, releasing Ringmaster with 7.35e and then adding to captians mode in 7.36 not too long after

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Obviously it's still coming. But going on about a new hero and 'big update in mid April' and 'BP cancelled for more regular updates' and then it's literally just hats is disappointing.

I have never cared about cavern crawl or the comics they do or any auxiliary stuff. I just want to play the game / have the game shaken up.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I mean it seems pretty obvious to me what happened, the Crownfall update would include a gameplay patch + Ringmaster, Reddit got into a tizzy about World Clown Day or whatever (and got the date wrong) and decided the patch HAD to drop on that day, the gameplay patch had some bugs that couldn't be fixed in time so valve split it off from the Crownfall update so they could release SOMETHING to mollify the masses. Do you have to be happy about it? no but is it worth getting upset over a week or two delay for gameplay patch? also no.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

In other news I enjoy these gameplay summaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

NtotheTC posted:

I mean it seems pretty obvious to me what happened, the Crownfall update would include a gameplay patch + Ringmaster, Reddit got into a tizzy about World Clown Day or whatever (and got the date wrong) and decided the patch HAD to drop on that day, the gameplay patch had some bugs that couldn't be fixed in time so valve split it off from the Crownfall update so they could release SOMETHING to mollify the masses. Do you have to be happy about it? no but is it worth getting upset over a week or two delay for gameplay patch? also no.

This is complete nonsense dude. not a single part of of it sounds plausible