Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is it reasonable to want to learn basic singing just so you don't embarrass yourself at the karaoke lounge? I'm currently based in China and KTV lounges are a popular pastime here in East Asia. While I enjoy singing Frank Sinatra and similar kinds of music, I'm not good at it at all and mainly want to avoid embarrassing myself in front of other people.

I also like singing for my cat. :) She doesn't comprehend it but she allows it anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

webcams for christ posted:

Yes! Karaoke is a great reason! As is singing to your cat :3:

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Is it weird to feel self-conscious about singing "old music" at a karaoke session? I guess if everyone's drunk it doesn't matter, but singing sober I feel weird for not singing the same pop songs everyone else does.

I know logically it's okay enjoy singing the songs I like, but singing when I know I'm objectively not good at it inherently makes me vulnerable around other people. How should I deal with these feelings?