Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I mean, the genocidal entity has painted themselves into a corner - they've been saying "we've killed hamas, only a few brigades left in Rafah" so the settler population is like "well then let's finish it/them".

No they can't not do a genocide, that'd be absurd.

This is going to be horrible - but for both sides. the resistance has been preparing for months, and Rafah is more open than Gaza City was, afaik, so israeli soldiers will be attacked from more fronts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

May you all have a bad loving time. DTI DTA DTSA/DTJ

forgot to add: DTUAE

RoboBoogie has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Apr 25, 2024

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

if only you put the same level of effort to scream at the people at the murder-genocide conference you're attending as you are making GBS threads on these kids who are doing what they can with what they have.

I’ll take it to the protest thread but hard agree. for me, the genocide and the protests against the genocide are dialectically linked, and burger posting is above all defined by an ambient sense of doomerism/nihilism that nothing matters, like that old lf post about mtw

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Wishing every IDF soldier a very happy red triangle

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

double nine posted:

I mean, the genocidal entity has painted themselves into a corner - they've been saying "we've killed hamas, only a few brigades left in Rafah" so the settler population is like "well then let's finish it/them".

No they can't not do a genocide, that'd be absurd.

This is going to be horrible - but for both sides. the resistance has been preparing for months, and Rafah is more open than Gaza City was, afaik, so israeli soldiers will be attacked from more fronts.

Reminds me of the US psyching itself up to invade North Vietnam every other year of the war, because they had convinced themselves they won in the south.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

RoboBoogie posted:

May you all have a bad loving time. DTI DTA DTSA/DTJ

Not familiar with those last two abbreviations

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BigWeirdSashimi posted:

Not familiar with those last two abbreviations

saudi arabia and jordan

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

saudi arabia and jordan

no, its Something Awful and Jeffrey

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kingdom of something awful

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I do think the Columbia one is relevant just because that's the one in the US I think is making it slowly dawn on more people that it's not just to vent anger but to try to get Columbia to divest from anything that funds Israel or helps out the IDF. The idea that it's just some vague unhappiness is something that's leveled at every protest no matter it's motive.

I saw USA Today even has a piece about it and surprisingly, actually has the headline "Pro-Palestinian protesters urge universities to divest from Israel. What does that mean?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro-palestinian-protesters-urge-universities-to-divest-from-israel-what-does-that-mean/ar-AA1nAVpx

It's not as optimistic and claims how the layers of how their money is invested and used to reach the point where it goes to Israel makes it too complicated to just stop of course.

But I think this it the first time I'm seeing the coverage in the US making is unambiguously clear what the main purpose of these protests are and why other colleges are protesting now too in support of them/for their own schools to divest.

While not the be all end all, protests and campouts along these lines were a starting point for drawing a lot of attention to what would eventually result in sanctions on South Africa. From the mid 70s to early 80s.

dta, their enthusiastic support for Israel is disgusting. And since university divestment, and boycotts, BDS in general worked on South Africa in the US they already have legislation in places about how you can't openly say you're participating in BDS regarding Israel. But losing college endowment/donor level money is no joke, and in academia, I think if they (a massive task I know) can get even one of the bigger schools to openly say they're going to divest, I think more will follow this could actually be the beginning of something that hits the money.

In the climate we have now where stuff like a general strike, etc. aren't really happening I do think this particular protest is worth following here.

I'm glad there's more actual coverage of the mass graves happening in the US. It's another thing like the systematic sexual assaults, family punishments, the hits on specific aid workers as soon as they get a little popular, the IDF's use of human shields on their vehicles, the IDF systematically destroying any old architecture to erase Palestinian culture, that Palestinians have been talking about for years but no one ever gave the time of day or even considered real. The needle needs to keep being threaded that Biden's been blowing like billions a month of our money on this.

The US is of course doing what the US does and will run interference on any real investigation happening into the mass graves, I think there's already been a few posts of articles confirming that the US doesn't want an independent investigation.

This is so loving painful, my wife's Palestinian, and every time one of these atrocities actually does hit the news we "joke" about how you can count the exact weeks and months of the propaganda from:

That didn't happen
That did happen but no one knows how
That happened but Hamas did it and the IDF saved everyone
That happened but the IDF did it but it was a tragic accident
four months pass
That happened but the IDF did it gleefully coordinated to do it ahead of time and the truth is 10x worse than any previous account and the US has confirmed that no one will suffer any consequences for it

But that timeline seems to be getting shorter over the past few months. It feels like only yesterday my lib relatives were telling me "well some sources say a Hamas missile hit that hospital", anecdotal but it's been surreal seeing this real time like, shattering of faith in the press as this unfolds more and more clearly in shorter amounts of time.

Seeing western interviewers actually question the IDF spokespeople's vile bullshit, I never thought I'd see this happen in my life.

This is going to be so loving terrible, I loving hate this. Egypt is going to loving sit there and let it happen too. No matter how harsh the statements they put out are.

What are there, like maybe a few hundred tents? And that's the "people will buy it go ahead" for the US to let the IDF move into Rafah. I see MSN and some are already wording it like the IDF is doing this "despite the US' pleas" as if we didn't just give them $21 billion to do this.

Absolute pieces of poo poo that would rather burn the entire planet down than acknowledge that Palestinians are human beings and settlement/colonialism is bad.

dta, dta, dta, dta, dti, dtsa, dtj

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

france gets away with one here because when people say dtf some will take that differently

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

WoodrowSkillson posted:

so literally the same thing they did in the north, which did nothing but kill 10 civilians for each actual Hamas soldier at a tremendous cost

this is basically how america has fought every one of its wars :patriot:

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

So D&D I/P thread is unmodded?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When the rafah invasion fails to do anything to stop Hamas, what will likely happen next?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

turn on your radar, as it might be a beacon for our love

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

I said come in! posted:

When the rafah invasion fails to do anything to stop Hamas, what will likely happen next?

Israel will claim victory

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

I said come in! posted:

the fascist state of israel will eat itself

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WoodrowSkillson posted:

so literally the same thing they did in the north, which did nothing but kill 10 civilians for each actual Hamas soldier at a tremendous cost

The civilian to Hamas death ratio is at least two orders of magnitude higher than 1 to 10.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

I said come in! posted:

they’ll declare victory

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Israel’s ability to fight Hamas has gone exactly how I predicted it would; which is to say Israel lost that fight instantly. Assuming Israel ever intended to be in it to begin with. I honestly think for Israel, this whole thing was genocide from day 1. It was always about collective punishment and killing as many Palestinian civilians as possible.

America couldn’t stop the Taliban in Afghanistan, or all of the insurgents and groups that fought them in Iraq. There is no way that Israel was going to stop a very motivated and large fighting group in Gaza that had the backing of Iran, and had nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

ELTON JOHN posted:

the fascist state of israel will eat itself

along with the rest of the west, god willing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mags posted:

they’ll declare victory

How quickly before it becomes painfully obvious to Isreali civilians that victory was not achieved? What will probably be Israel’s response then?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mandel Brotset posted:

along with the rest of the west, god willing

Hoping this is the outcome.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

I said come in! posted:

How quickly before it becomes painfully obvious to Isreali civilians that victory was not achieved? What will probably be Israel’s response then?

Applause for the victory

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I said come in! posted:

I honestly think for Israel, this whole thing was genocide from day 1. It was always about collective punishment and killing as many Palestinian civilians as possible.

Day 1 being 14 May 1948

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

I said come in! posted:

These people are capable of levels of cognitive dissonance beyond your comprehension

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I said come in! posted:

Vote out the current fascist government for a different fascist government.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

These people are capable of levels of cognitive dissonance beyond your comprehension

That is most likely true.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

between this war and Ukraine I'm getting the feeling that losing sides have a very, very difficult time learning that they are losing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Retromancer posted:

Vote out the current fascist government for a different fascist government.

That’s a given, and then rinse and repeat when no one new can keep them safe ever again.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hezbollah should make it more explicit then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

between this war and Ukraine I'm getting the feeling that losing sides have a very, very difficult time learning that they are losing.

I would have thought America would have pulled Israel aside and explained to them what happened to the American army in the Middle East for the last 20 years, but lmao I’m extremely naive.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

Continueing to commit genocide and ethnically cleanse the Gaza Strip that’s been the goal the whole time and they are succeeding even if Hamas is beating them militarily.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

ameen

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I would have thought America would have pulled Israel aside and explained to them what happened to the American army in the Middle East for the last 20 years, but lmao I’m extremely naive.

they've pulled Israeli aside. . .and given them a big ol high five and said we are with you 100%

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I said come in! posted:

Every person in America with political power thinks that this is the same army that won the 6 day war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Retromancer posted:

Every person in America with political power thinks that this is the same army that won the 6 day war.

Doesn’t surprise me.