Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:burger: but what we are seeing now was in no small part made possible by Donald Trump losing in 2020 and Joe Biden being president. Donald Trump would have long since gotten bored or annoyed at Bibi or impulsively decided on a random course of action. Biden, however, by his mere presence bends the state organs to his will, soothes the European allies, and lets anyone who voted for Joe Biden in 2020 and called themselves a "liberal," "progressive," "antifascist," "antiracist," etc. enjoy blood and massacre

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I would have thought America would have pulled Israel aside and explained to them what happened to the American army in the Middle East for the last 20 years, but lmao I’m extremely naive.

They actually sent a marine corps general to do just that. The general noped out of Israel in less than 24 hours and said whatever happens was purely Israel's decision

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

bedpan posted:

they've pulled Israeli aside. . .and given them a big ol high five and said we are with you 100%

While stuffing a few $100billions in their pocket

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

between this war and Ukraine I'm getting the feeling that losing sides have a very, very difficult time learning that they are losing.

copium is a hell of a drug

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

edit: nvm

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

They actually sent a marine corps general to do just that. The general noped out of Israel in less than 24 hours and said whatever happens was purely Israel's decision

Ooh right I remember that happening. Kinda the first red flag that this was going to be horrible.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/zptxth?update=2859553

quote:

‘Great deal of shock and frustration’ among families with relatives recovered from mass graves

Investigations of mass graves, led by Gaza’s civil defence teams, have uncovered signs of executions and people being buried alive on the grounds of two of the Strip’s main hospitals.

Al Jazeera’s Tareq Abu Azzoum, reporting from Rafah, said at least 20 of those whose bodies were found around Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis were buried alive, according to the findings of the investigation.

Those victims had “been receiving treatment at Nasser Hospital. … The majority of the bodies have been partially or completely decomposed,” Abu Azzoum said.

The investigators also said there are still bodies that have not been recovered.

There is “a great deal of shock and frustration” among those who managed to identify their loved ones, he said.

According to Abu Azzoum, there are families who still do not know the fate of their relatives who were taken from Nasser Hospital and from other parts of Khan Younis by Israeli forces during their ground incursion into the southern Gaza city.

“The reality on the ground is that the entire Gaza Strip has turned into a graveyard, especially since there are still hundreds of people under the rubble,” he said.

I know that the phrase is overused at this point, but the cruelty is the point

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Oh this made me feel a level of mad I didn't think I could achieve

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The cruelty and war crimes has always been the one consistent thing with the IDF. Even as far back as the war in 1948, the IDF was burying soldiers and civilians alive.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bedpan posted:

:burger: but what we are seeing now was in no small part made possible by Donald Trump losing in 2020 and Joe Biden being president. Donald Trump would have long since gotten bored or annoyed at Bibi or impulsively decided on a random course of action. Biden, however, by his mere presence bends the state organs to his will, soothes the European allies, and lets anyone who voted for Joe Biden in 2020 and called themselves a "liberal," "progressive," "antifascist," "antiracist," etc. enjoy blood and massacre

I don't think it'd be any worse, but Donald "Let's ban Muslims from these countries" Trump probably would not have reigned in Bibi

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I said come in! posted:

How quickly before it becomes painfully obvious to Isreali civilians that victory was not achieved? What will probably be Israel’s response then?

Honestly Iranian missiles and drones flying over Israeli cities should have been the clue. But dumb fascist mother fuckers can't get the hint

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
There’s no meaningful difference between a predictable burger king and an unpredictable burger king. They are both burger kings.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Canned Sunshine posted:

I don't think it'd be any worse, but Donald "Let's ban Muslims from these countries" Trump probably would not have reigned in Bibi

We have multiple other threads you can have this incredibly tedious debate in.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

OctaMurk posted:

it bears mentioning that this guy was one of the generals in charge of the battle of fallujah, so they sent a guy who should have been all in on urban liquidation but it was too hosed even for a glass-chewing psycho like him.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

paul_soccer12 posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

There’s a reason why cop city is supposed to be in Atlanta. Because cops are loving diabolical

Here’s Emory University from just today:

https://x.com/naksbilal/status/1783524518826217746?s=46

https://x.com/pslnational/status/1783525713724764160?s=46

https://x.com/sophia285south/status/1783509709594440021?s=46

https://x.com/jvpatlanta/status/1783513594006548843?s=46

https://x.com/patrickquinntv/status/1783532600637681964?s=46

Might be optimism, but I’m hoping this brutality might spark more outrage.

CheetoVonTito has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Apr 25, 2024

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

paul_soccer12 posted:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

turns out the idf's explanation "we didn't kill them, we just buried them" was true :smith:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

between this war and Ukraine I'm getting the feeling that losing sides have a very, very difficult time learning that they are losing.

Neoliberalism produced a very peculiar condition of "morality of conflict" that makes actual strategy in the great sense of the word impossible. As in: establishing clear terms of political-economic outcomes, what is required to do so, alternatives to consider etc. But also very importantly, terms of defeat. The concept of strategic loss seem to have vanished in the minds of neoliberal elites (thankfully so).

imo, this is inseparable from the American moral attitude, which craves and seeks the mythologized high of WW2. Everything has become a struggle for civilization itself. The American state seem to never have actually realized, as a whole, that they became imperial. There's this constant rhetoric of the plucky republic against the crown that got amped up back during the tail-end of the 20th century and definitely this one, but it is clearly ridiculous to anyone who knows a bit of History.

Then a Palestine uprising happens. Civilizational struggle, democracy, etc. But one side has an air force and the other doesn't. So doing an Operation Linebacker in 2024 seems a pretty good idea, until it succeeds only in breaking the entire strategic arrangement of the region and making the international order show its own rear end in uselessness, showing to everyone that can see its farcical nature for what it is. Heroic resistance against all odds inspire defiance elsewhere, like the brave Yemeni challenging control of the Red Sea and causes a hell of a scramble. And things keep escalating and people keep resisting and the plucky republic simply is having continuous blue-screens and tries to keep doing the same thing.

By historical measures, Israel and the United States have been already defeated, the question is how much worse they want to make this be. Answering this problem seems to be a critical difficulty for the neoliberal condition, as it requires the admission of a lot of things - especially a reckoning with material-historical things - and the risk of ideological collapse.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

paul_soccer12 posted:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://aje.io/zptxth?update=2859547

quote:

80,000 to 100,000 Palestinians from Gaza cross into Egypt since October 7: Report

The Palestinian ambassador to Cairo, Diab Allouh, told the AFP news agency that the Palestinians had crossed the frontier without specifying how.

The Rafah border crossing is the sole entry and exit point to Gaza not directly under the control of Israeli forces.

Cairo has communicated that it does not want Palestinians to be displaced from Gaza into Egypt by Israel, comparing such a scenario to the 1948 Nakba.

It has also fortified a buffer zone with concrete walls on the Egyptian side of the Rafah crossing.

Further fallout of the ongoing ethnic cleansing

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

https://aje.io/zptxth?update=2859547

Further fallout of the ongoing ethnic cleansing

Barricading the door of a house on fire to keep people from escaping is still murder.

Egypt is just as culpable in this genocide as Israel is.

DTA
DTI
DTE.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

paul_soccer12 posted:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/BakryMP/status/1783236786472231050

An Israeli-Egyptian war would topple the American empure, and this happening under Sisi would be very funny honestly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/BakryMP/status/1783236786472231050

An Israeli-Egyptian war would topple the American empure, and this happening under Sisi would be very funny honestly.

this guy is a loving clown who loves to yap he's been saying stuff like this from october, hes a massive loving idiot

sisi owes his job to america and israel, he is their tool. full stop.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

OctaMurk posted:

I want so badly to know what they actually told that guy.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

ill believe it if and when Egypt actually does something

even their losers that they sent to the negotiations made poo poo up constantly

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Retromancer posted:

Every person in America with political power thinks that this is the same army that won the 6 day war.

And Israel thinks America has the same capabilities it had in the 90’s and that everyone there still hates Muslims with the same ferocity that they did right after 9/11

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

ill believe it if and when Egypt actually does something

even their losers that they sent to the negotiations made poo poo up constantly

Yeah im not confident that Egypt will ever actually act on any threats they make. America will be right there to step in and offer them something they badly need in return for standing down.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

And Israel thinks America has the same capabilities it had in the 90’s and that everyone there still hates Muslims with the same ferocity that they did right after 9/11

Dick Cheney is not walking through that door! George W Bush is not walking through that door! Donald Rumsfeld is not walking through that door!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
American cops seem kind of intense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

The Alchemist posted:

American cops seem kind of intense

trained by the idf