Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Entorwellian posted:

Didn't know the Vichy government was in control of France again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
They got a call from berlin and mutually decided to skip the blitzkrieg this time.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Entorwellian posted:

Didn't know the Vichy government was in control of France again.

lmfao

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Yangrendan posted:

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I thought I would give it a try.

Are there any good monographs or scholarly works that go into detail about Israeli food policies/controls etc. in regards to Gaza, along with the consequences for Gazans? I'd like to understand more about this but I haven't found anything good through google.

Sara Roy is a name that ofte comes up in adjacent topics, although more on the economics side of Gaza

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
israeli gestapo have raided aljazeeras offices in Jerusalem and took their equipment

====

‎Al-Jazeera offices raided in Jerusalem, equipment confiscated‎
‎Israeli Communications Minister Shlomo Karei said ministry ‎‎inspectors, backed by police, were raiding ‎‎Al Jazeera's‎‎ offices in Jerusalem and confiscating its equipment.‎

‎Israeli Prime Minister ‎‎Benjamin Netanyahu‎‎ wrote on platform X that his government had unanimously decided to close the offices of Al Jazeera, which he described as a channel of incitement.‎

‎The Israel Broadcasting Corporation quoted Netanyahu's office as saying that the decision to close Al Jazeera's offices in Israel was passed unanimously in the cabinet.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%83%D8%AA%D8%A8

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Al-Saqr posted:

israeli gestapo have raided aljazeeras offices in Jerusalem and took their equipment

====

‎Al-Jazeera offices raided in Jerusalem, equipment confiscated‎
‎Israeli Communications Minister Shlomo Karei said ministry ‎‎inspectors, backed by police, were raiding ‎‎Al Jazeera's‎‎ offices in Jerusalem and confiscating its equipment.‎

‎Israeli Prime Minister ‎‎Benjamin Netanyahu‎‎ wrote on platform X that his government had unanimously decided to close the offices of Al Jazeera, which he described as a channel of incitement.‎

‎The Israel Broadcasting Corporation quoted Netanyahu's office as saying that the decision to close Al Jazeera's offices in Israel was passed unanimously in the cabinet.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%83%D8%AA%D8%A8

and then on some trumped up charges of them "working with hamas" i assume theyll be banned across the anglosphere

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel Banning Aljazeera is just more proof that israel lost the war so they're doing what any loser does.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I mean saying Israel lost the war while they continue to kill with total impunity is copium

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Scarabrae posted:

I mean saying Israel lost the war while they continue to kill with total impunity is copium

go away

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Scarabrae posted:

gbs

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

drat you're right america won in vietnam and France won in Algeria thanks for correcting me.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

ok well please explain to me how they lost the war?

I would like them to stop killing people

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Scarabrae posted:

🤡

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Scarabrae posted:

They haven't achieved any of their strategic objectives and in fact are in a far more vulnerable position than they were before Oct 7. If they had negotiated immediately and given Hamas everything they wanted after the flood they would be significantly better off. They're slaughtering innocent civilians because they are monsters, but they were going to do that anyway, because they are monsters.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Explain how Hitler "lost" World War 2 when they ran up the scoreboard on bodycount.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

seems pretty evident you can lose a war long before the killing stops but doomers gonna doom

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Aljazeera reporting that Hamas's Rocket attack on Karam Abu Salem Caused 10 IDF casualties in one blow.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Spoondick posted:

seems pretty evident you can lose a war long before the killing stops but doomers gonna doom
it's not even doomerism specifically, it's the normal baseline expectation of western culture that murder = victory

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Scarabrae posted:

Do you know what "winning" and "losing" mean?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1787128711508086853

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Explain how Hitler "lost" World War 2 when they ran up the scoreboard on bodycount.

well the nazis won but hitler was fired for poor management.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

well the nazis won but hitler was fired for poor management.

he wasn't fired, he quit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

to match yemen's power of 0 warships hmmmm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Zodium posted:

he wasn't fired, he quit.

the last time he fired was a good shoot

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Canasta_Nasty posted:

The thought of a return to the status-quo ante is so ridiculously off the table. The cost and effort required to bring Gaza back to its previous, highly curtailed living standard is immense, which is of course central to the Israel's genocide.

The amounts involved are staggering but not really unexpected given the ongoing destruction. The full UN report hasn't been posted yet but they have a high level summary posted here which includes a number of uplifting graphics like this:

This is probably a very conservative and sanitized estimate of the war's impact, but even then it suggests that the cost of reconstructing infrastructure alone would be $18.5 billion. Also at least 20 years setback in development, so far.

It seems given this money will not be coming, certainly not from the US or Israel. Not trying to predict the future but even if this war somehow ends it seems Palestinians in Gaza are locked into living in an even more restricted area with only semi-functioning infrastructure totally dependent on external aid, surrounded by devastated regions that can't or won't be redeveloped. Is there an alternative?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

loser fuckface navy

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Scarabrae posted:

DogGunn posted:

What western countries existed during the Jihads and Crusades?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nice

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

in pscycho veep universe i can see bibi being like "i'm hosed if i invade rafah, i'm hosed if i don't. i know, i'll leak the location of the officers that would lead the invastion to my buddies in hamas... that should buy me at least a month"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

zetamind2000 posted:

loser fuckface navy

nobody wants to blow enormous military resources shooting down aliexpress flying lawnmovers anymore (while crashing their ships as a bonus)

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Scarabrae posted:

no

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Scarabrae posted:

the fascist state of israel will eat itself long before the palestinian people are defeated

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

wtf

i dont know too much about war stuff in ck3 but it seems like even without siege weapons 6 thousand elite troops should be able to siege a level 3 fortress

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Israel has suffered a strategic defeat and if they keep going they will continue to lose even more than they already have.

Hamas is not only intact but doesn't appear to even be significant degraded militarily. The IDF meanwhile is completely incapable of holding territory in Gaza.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

American Paypig Granddad

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

ELTON JOHN posted:

wtf

i dont know too much about war stuff in ck3 but it seems like even without siege weapons 6 thousand elite troops should be able to siege a level 3 fortress

The general is too busy playing with his Lancelot bobblehead

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's no future for Israel without undivided US support.

They've gone mask-off as full blown Nazis, to a degree which has prompted their sympathizers to unconstitutionally attempt criminalizing that comparison.

Even their usual media allies are backing away. The usual "sit on an unfavorable story until later" isn't working because it's later now and they're still doing reprehensible things.

It's become impossible to pin everything on Netanyahu and sweep it away with him. They'll try, but the essential US support is fractured.

Footage of their atrocities will exist in the coming years, as they try to win back the myth they've cultivated since 48.

History will remember them by their social media: Mass murders and psychotics, mocking their victims as pedophiles sniff their children's socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardamnu
Jan 23, 2020
Israeli organ-trafficking network busted in Turkiye
Israel has long been at the center of international organ trafficking networks and has stolen organs from dead Palestinians