Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

there's like an entire conversation between paul and the mohiam in the first trailer that didn't make it into the movie, but that also could've just been recorded for the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

skasion posted:

That’s a bad shot tbh. Epic trailer pose

an explosion happens in the middle of that scene, too. just have that be the reason his helmet flies off rather than that stupid iron man bullshit.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

skasion posted:

The most important canonical fact in the Dune Encyclopedia is that Fremen men are trained to orgasm without releasing fluids and that you aren’t considered a “real man” until you can do this

a fantastic way for a population to flourish in a hostile environment is if all the men are making themselves infertile from repeated retrograde ejaculation

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

No Pants posted:

For all that Dune has Paul tell himself the jihad is bad and could be avoided if he's in charge, and Messiah calls him mega-Hitler, Children has Leto II tell him off about how they both know he didn't let the jihad go far enough to ensure humanity's survival.

Going off one of Paul's first trips where he taps into humanity's collective genetic consciousness and sees everyone getting too inbred on their planets or whatever, I guess the idea is that the jihad or an equivalent explosion of violence would have been a natural and necessary remedy to the empire's enforced stagnation if it weren't for prescient interference.

lmao I love the idea that an entire planet is just too small that everyone was becoming "too inbred"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

They say an incel dies twice. The first time happens when their hearts stops beating and the second time happens when someone has a genetic memory of them for the last time.
so uh both deaths happen simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

you'll still be the only thing I ever needed you to be... my son. Even if you've got no rizz