Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Same.

Also I thought that show was more good than bad.

I was let down by the Sami/Kevin vs Shinsuke/Orton match, but the last match was solid and the first two matches were both great. Overall it was a pretty good show plus AJ retained :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

main was Decent but given the amount of work AJ was doing that's really ridiculous that it only reached the status of "an okay match"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

fart blood posted:

So who's next? Smackdown's main event scene is pretty nonexistent.

Nakamura/Styles.

SD is the B show so I think Vince would do it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that was a pretty good show, not bad not great aj is the best

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Angry Grimace posted:

I like how none of the teams on SD are actual heels. They’re either faces or cool heels.

Gotta balance out the women's division that's one face amidst a sea of heels.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

I was let down by the Sami/Kevin vs Shinsuke/Orton match, but the last match was solid and the first two matches were both great. Overall it was a pretty good show plus AJ retained :woop:

Hoowwwwwwwww

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't ask for much, Lord, but please give me AJ vs Shinsuke at Wrestlemania.

That has to be what they're building to, it HAS TO BE. I will lose all faith in this drat company if they can't even realize that those two guys put on a MOTYC candidate about 2 years ago and are both super over with the fans, and have been kept separate all this time, and that they're the perfect Wrestlemania opponents for each other. Give them 20 minutes (I want more, but WM is packed will bullshit and I'll take 20 minutes bell to bell) and let them steal the drat show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
usos dave chapelle white guy voice

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dromal phrenia posted:

you want to kiss jinder all over his back, chest and face

And thighs. Dude has roid boobs and a HGH gut now, he literally makes me feel gross watching him in HD.

Foochs has low standards

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

main was Decent but given the amount of work AJ was doing that's really ridiculous that it only reached the status of "an okay match"

Yeah that's the thing. The match wasn't even bad but watching AJ bump like a madman for Jinder to take like 3 bumps the entire match. It's really a lot of bullshit.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Someone give Sam Roberts a swirlie and then shove him in a locker.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

NowonSA posted:

That has to be what they're building to, it HAS TO BE. I will lose all faith in this drat company if they can't even realize that those two guys put on a MOTYC candidate about 2 years ago and are both super over with the fans, and have been kept separate all this time, and that they're the perfect Wrestlemania opponents for each other. Give them 20 minutes (I want more, but WM is packed will bullshit and I'll take 20 minutes bell to bell) and let them steal the drat show.

Vince: DID YOU SAY JOHN CENA VS AJ STYLES AT WRESTLEMANIA? WELL GODDAMN BUDDY YOU HAVE SOME GREAT IDEAS!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Yeah that's the thing. The match wasn't even bad but watching AJ bump like a madman for Jinder to take like 3 bumps the entire match. It's really a lot of bullshit.

Look I'm just happy AJ managed to get through the last wretched gasp of the awful Jinder experiment - it's over, it can't hurt us anymore.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince: DID YOU SAY JOHN CENA VS AJ STYLES AT WRESTLEMANIA? WELL GODDAMN BUDDY YOU HAVE SOME GREAT IDEAS!!!

In fairness that would be a good match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DarkstarIV posted:

AJ vs Cena but instead of AJ let's sayyyy. JINDER!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'll spell it out for you.

US Title match good

Tag title match awesome

Women's match alright

Tag match with refs awful but that's the only thing I'd consider awful

Tag squash was whatever and the right booking decision

Main event was good because AJ is one of the best in the world and it definitely ended the Jinder Experiment

Ergo more good than bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

In fairness that would be a good match.

Yeah, I'd much rather AJ vs Shinsuke, but AJ and Cena have delivered nothing but incredible matches every time they've faced each other.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

It's WWE, so they'll gently caress up and have it be the opening match on an 8 hour Mania where it's the only bright spot and everyone foolishly has enough hope from it that they stick it out the whole rest of the way

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The_Rob posted:

And for how basic the heat of the match was, Jinder was mad reckless with AJ. Good thing AJ Styles is not made of human tissue.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sam is bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Triple threat, tag team four way and Bludgeon Brothers squash were good. Main event was...decent and we're finally done with Jinder. Only the lumberjack match and the stupid ref match were bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

And for how basic the heat of the match was, Jinder was mad reckless with AJ. Good thing AJ Styles is not made of human tissue.

Yeah he really was throwing him around without a care in the world.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

VJeff posted:

Only the lumberjack match and the stupid ref match were bad.

It's almost like more isn't necessarily bet- *Vince McMahon bursts into my house with a folding chair*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Good thing AJ Styles is not made of human tissue.

Somebody mentioned at one point,"This would be a MOTYC in 2005" and I remembered that AJ Styles really WAS having MOTYCs in 2005 and 12/13 years later he's still around delivering at the highest level. It's crazy how long he's been around and yet how good he has remained.

I guess that's what happens when your dad was Christian.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

Triple threat, tag team four way and Bludgeon Brothers squash were good. Main event was...decent and we're finally done with Jinder. Only the lumberjack match and the stupid ref match were bad.

In what way was the bludgeon Brothers squash good. It killed a 6 month angle. Squashed a team that was hot and failed to get the hammer Brothers over.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The_Rob posted:

Yeah he really was throwing him around without a care in the world.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

DarkstarIV posted:

Haha, that wouldn't be bad of course, but man I want that Nakamura/Styles match on the biggest (U.S.) stage of them all.

I didn't notice Jinder not bumping, obviously AJ took way more bumps but that's par for the course for AJ. I feel like in a vacuum where you separate your dislike for Jinder and disgust at Jinder's gross body from the proceedings it was a solid 3.5 star match, and I only liked the tag match more than it on this ppv.

Don't get me wrong I liked the Zayn/Owens match quite a bit, but there's only so much I can enjoy a match that has so much BS built into it, even when I'm into the BS.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Look I'm just happy AJ managed to get through the last wretched gasp of the awful Jinder experiment - it's over, it can't hurt us anymore.

I dunno man. Those kind of bumps can scar you for years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

In what way was the bludgeon Brothers squash good. It killed a 6 month angle. Squashed a team that was hot and failed to get the hammer Brothers over.

I actually do think it would have been pretty amazing if they really had wrapped up the whole 6 month long Fashion Files thing the way they teased, with Breezango saying,"No" to fighting the Bludgeon Brothers, then the credits just rolling.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I'd much rather AJ vs Shinsuke, but AJ and Cena have delivered nothing but incredible matches every time they've faced each other.

AJ vs. Heel Cena would be optimal

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody mentioned at one point,"This would be a MOTYC in 2005" and I remembered that AJ Styles really WAS having MOTYCs in 2005 and 12/13 years later he's still around delivering at the highest level. It's crazy how long he's been around and yet how good he has remained.

I guess that's what happens when your dad was Christian.

2005, the year you could say "I am gonna watch TNA instead" and be right

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

I actually do think it would have been pretty amazing if they really had wrapped up the whole 6 month long Fashion Files thing the way they teased, with Breezango saying,"No" to fighting the Bludgeon Brothers, then the credits just rolling.

That would at least be entertaining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These guys are the loving best :lol:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Owens drinking on camera

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
hahahahaha sami and kevin hockey locker room celebration is fantastic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Breezango stopped being hot a really loving long time ago.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He loving barn-danced with Dasha, ahahaha

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

Breezango stopped being hot a really loving long time ago.

They could have come back though. Wrestling is pretty fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Owens drinking like a Canadian is killing me

• Locked thread