Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goodness that "Nattie mark"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

Foochs has low standards

Shut up. It seems like most people would agree with the majority of my assessment and if you let the Shane bullshit ruin the whole show for you I completely understand but let's not be intellectually dishonest and act like there was anything else really bad on the show, and there was plenty of good.

VJeff posted:

Breezango stopped being hot a really loving long time ago.

Yeah seriously. Y'all are being seriously disingenuous.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What is going on with Charlotte?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Owens forever, Shane-O never!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I love how they are acting like Charlotte being smackdown womens champ is a bigger deal than all the times she was the unified womens champ

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
aha talking smack :thumbsup:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Shut up. It seems like most people would agree with the majority of my assessment and if you let the Shane bullshit ruin the whole show for you I completely understand but let's not be intellectually dishonest and act like there was anything else really bad on the show, and there was plenty of good.

Yeah seriously. Y'all are being seriously disingenuous.

Who's being disingenuous about that match. No one got over. It might have well never happened.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I like Charlotte's promo here. I feel like my standards are at rock-bottom when it comes to promos from the women's division but at least I believe her.

Edit: Ha, smooth Charlotte. "She knows what it's like to be compared with Bret, her dad..."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That mark, jaw pain is no fun :/

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Who's being disingenuous about that match. No one got over. It might have well never happened.

I'm not saying the match was good. It was a dud. But the Bludgeon Brothers should be squashing Breezango.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I like how Jim Neidhart never gets mentioned by name.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angry Grimace posted:

I like how Jim Neidhart never gets mentioned by name.

Well you wouldn't want people googling him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ah geez here comes dolph

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

ah geez here comes dolph

Wonder if he is going to be weirdly aggressive towards Renee again

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Is Sam Roberts seriously suggesting the oldest guy in the match doesn’t have the experience level

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not saying the match was good. It was a dud. But the Bludgeon Brothers should be squashing Breezango.

to who's benefit? It didn't get the Bludgeon Brothers over.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Putting Breezango over the Bludgeon Brothers is ridiculous, but asking the audience to be invested in Breezango for half a year just to make them jobbers is also stupid and being dissatisfied with that is rational.

Show was good, then bad, then baseline acceptable. I did think the women's match was a terrible clusterfuck and I hope we never see Jinder again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a window to be having Breezango have a competitive match with the Bludgeon Brothers and lose valiantly. Then they just kept doing pointless kinda funny skits for four months that accomplished nothing.

WWE should've introduced the Bludgeon Brothers months ago and then had Breezango gotten in there and fought them while they were still kinda over. By waiting this long, there was no point in doing anything but a squash. And for the record, I thought it was a kinda fun squash. :shrug:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
:drat: AJ looks like hell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:drat: AJ looks like hell

Nattie must be stopped!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"His physique is unbelievable."

:lol:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Dude should be hosing himself down in one of those full body chemical spill showers instead of being on a talk show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

"His physique is unbelievable."

:lol:

Haha, Styles has to be sneaking ribs in here, he HAS to be!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

There was a window to be having Breezango have a competitive match with the Bludgeon Brothers and lose valiantly. Then they just kept doing pointless kinda funny skits for four months that accomplished nothing.

WWE should've introduced the Bludgeon Brothers months ago and then had Breezango gotten in there and fought them while they were still kinda over. By waiting this long, there was no point in doing anything but a squash. And for the record, I thought it was a kinda fun squash. :shrug:

This nails it for me too, thanks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Apparently AJ forgot they did interfere

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The problem is that SDL has a bunch of popular tag teams and Raw doesn’t have any so some of them will probably get shipped off, I think.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

This really needs to be the first image of a new Smackdown collage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Basically my point is if you're frustrated by where Breezango is now, I totally get that, but that ship sailed way before tonight.

Meltzer said after their match with the Usos, right when they were getting really over with the comedy stuff, that there was a chance they might get pigeonholed into that role and...well, that's exactly what wound up happening.

It does suck, because both Breeze and Fandango are really loving good and are distinctly in that "easily get over when given real pushes" camp, but Vince clearly doesn't get their gimmicks in a serious way.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ragnarok the Red posted:

This really needs to be the first image of a new Smackdown collage.

this time i'll make it really horizontal

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Renee's shiny gold jacket on Talking Smack was great too, A+ fancy fashion choice.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem is that SDL has a bunch of popular tag teams and Raw doesn’t have any so some of them will probably get shipped off, I think.

Yeah, since their feud is more or less over there isn't a need for both Usos and New Day on the same show

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Basically my point is if you're frustrated by where Breezango is now, I totally get that, but that ship sailed way before tonight.

Meltzer said after their match with the Usos, right when they were getting really over with the comedy stuff, that there was a chance they might get pigeonholed into that role and...well, that's exactly what wound up happening.

It does suck, because both Breeze and Fandango are really loving good and are distinctly in that "easily get over when given real pushes" camp, but Vince clearly doesn't get their gimmicks in a serious way.

This is one hundred percent correct and a totally sensible view, but I can't separate their continuing history from current events. In a vacuum, squashing the piss out of Breezango makes total sense and is the right booking move, but as a fan that has been watching and trying to stay invested in a thing the WWE has asked me to stay invested in, when they decide not to give a poo poo about it I feel stupid for having cared about it, and that makes it harder for me to enjoy things as they are.

If you were going to do Breezango vs the Bludgeon Brothers this was the correct way to do it, but that does not make it enjoyable for me when I think the thing they were doing was bad, and the fact that Breezango's star has waned from being previously squandered makes it more disappointing for me rather than less.

WRESTLINGGGG

edit:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, since their feud is more or less over there isn't a need for both Usos and New Day on the same show

This is also extremely true but hard to solve, since the Usos are their forever champions and New Day didn't even really start on Smackdown until like May/June due to Kofi's injury.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Dolph Ziggler the new U.S. champion?! How is this possible? He was suppose to be leaving back in October.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

New Day seem like a good fit to slide back into Raw, they're still the bigger deal of the two teams after all, and you can reignite that New Day vs. Shield stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
'why do they still chant you suck at him'

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Roque11 posted:

Dolph Ziggler the new U.S. champion?! How is this possible? He was suppose to be leaving back in October.

Yes but we live in the hellverse now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Triple-threat was OK, Tag Title Match was great, everything else was poopy. Actually I guess the main event wasn't too bad but AJ vs. Anyone Good would be much better.

Breezango deserves better and that match was a waste of their talent. Also a waste of Harper's talent. Not sure about Rowan, even to this day

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

my boyfriend has only really shown an interest in Breezango because of their fashion police segments and it's almost kind of gotten him into wrestling.
last night kiboshed the gently caress out of that.

please, please let this be the week that Jinder gets popped for a wellness violation. totally done with seeing him every Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh something about Jinder is going to pop alright.

• Locked thread