Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yurucamp with Gattai this week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
A pretty entertaining episode this week, especially the sketchy suspension bridge swaying in the wind.

Still a bit put off by the rotoscoping/anime filter of real places they do in some scenes, but it's not the worst thing ever. But it sucks to see it since they can do a decent job at landscapes.

I noticed in some ways it looks more similar to the manga, at least mimicking the rather extensive fish-eyed camera shots the manga uses.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This season is growing on me. The backgrounds are still kinda off-putting but I'm getting used to them. The touring is fun though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The train Gattai gag was a+ especially with the narration

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Related, Shiny Days continues to be one of the mainstays of anikura, and weebs still go hard over it, as evidenced by this weekend’s Meat Festival (that always has an anikura DJ stage) in Odaiba, to the point where Asaka commented on it (she also mentions kaigai, which is probably in part due to the fact that me and my friends did a campfire when she sang Shiny Days at AWA last October).
https://x.com/AsakaOfficial/status/1785318259069489536

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Last episode highlighted something that i won't understand about modern camping/hiking. You go into the woods to get one into the nature and most of your supplies aren't just plastic packaged but made in a way that require you to cook them into the plastic, making it impossible to recycle. That's a bit awkward isn't it?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SlowBloke posted:

Last episode highlighted something that i won't understand about modern camping/hiking. You go into the woods to get one into the nature and most of your supplies aren't just plastic packaged but made in a way that require you to cook them into the plastic, making it impossible to recycle. That's a bit awkward isn't it?

I think that depends on what type of equipment you use. On the last trip that I took, the pre-packaged stuff that I had from REI was easy to rinse out once I got back to civilization, so it wasn't a problem to recycle. There's also stuff that you don't cook in the package. It all depends on the set up, and it's certainly possible to be clueless about what you bring, but I don't think it's particularly hard to be mindful of having a low impact on the environment.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SlowBloke posted:

it beats the alternative of elaborate camp cooking and clean up, which sucks when you lack access to running water and reliable trash disposal. making stuff easy to pack out has reduced litter at public campsites versus when i was a kid (although that just might be a boomer vs. millennial/zoomer divide)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That was a nice episode.