Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

"I'm going to throw you out a window."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Murdstone posted:

Much like a cat, he sees a circle on the floor, he must get in the middle of it.

Punisher you never learned about Owl’s penthouse. Only thing you learned is that is apparently supposed to meet Spider-Man at midnight.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Didn't some other rich dude pull a very similar trick on Spider-Man recently (in our re-reading)?

And didn't Spider-Man just smash through the floor?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Punisher runs into Raskin and his goons, still climbing the stairs and repeatedly loading their guns, years later.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Didn't some other rich dude pull a very similar trick on Spider-Man recently (in our re-reading)?

And didn't Spider-Man just smash through the floor?

I think it was The Chameleon? yup

Murdstone posted:

"Hey! Anyone down there? Come up here and let me out!"

lol this loving comic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, I missed that one but the floor was the first thing I thought of too. I figure The Owl would probably just start bragging about his custom steel floors, though, he seems to be surprisingly up on his game for someone we learned existed five minutes ago.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 20, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Owl has not really made any big mistakes. He’s mainly just unlucky here, in that letting that goon fall would have been a better idea.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Owl has not really made any big mistakes.

Has he even done anything thus far?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess his plan is to have spiderman and punisher fight? this will probably work out, despite owl not actually doing anything to make it happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess his plan is to have spiderman and punisher fight? this will probably work out, despite owl not actually doing anything to make it happen.

That may have been his plan with the letter, but that seems to have gone to the wayside given that Spider-Man got told where his house is and broke into it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sockser posted:

YOU'LL REGRET YOUR DOUBTS WHEN YOU FINALLY MEET -- THE OWL!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Why did he reveal that he was the assassin? Why isn't he trying to kill Peter yet?

I can only assume that being in the same room as Peter drained his intelligence down to critically low levels

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He can afford to be this cocky cause apparently he uses rope so strong, Spider-man can't tear free, even though he can bend steel bars and break out of handcuffs no problem.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Sockser posted:

He scared some goons into accepting him as a crime boss, but beyond that... Not a single goddamn thing?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Incredible levels of

implied between panels 2 & 3, I love it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Don’t worry, I won’t kill you until after I’ve killed the next guy. But you’ll never be able to stop it”

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Incredible levels of

implied between panels 2 & 3, I love it

I think old Spidey has just become savvy to the fact that the villians are never going to kill him no matter what. No sense interrupting their self-sabotage while he learns their evil plot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I guess he doesn't have a silencer on his (i could totally be wrong i barely know anything about guns) semi-automatic rifle? so it's best not to use it on Peter until the job's done, but hold on, Peter could just scream for help for the couple hours the guy will be out doing assassination chores unless he also gags him. Dude should've told all the crooks in NYC about this high quality rope, I'm sure The Owl would've appreciated it.

what could possibly make for a good tv show, hm..

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
You know, when this storyline started, my immediate assumption for where it was going was 'JJJ foists Jeremy off onto Pete to get him out of his hair and Pete has to spend the day babysitting him, turns into a comedy of errors when he has to ditch him and change to Spidey while still keeping an eye on him'. I don't think I would have guessed anywhere close to where this was going.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey could literally just shoot his web between the bars to haul Owl directly over to him and threaten violence on him at close proximity till he lets him out!

Also I hope when The Owl had the bars installed, the guys who put it in were begging him to let them install multiple different cages since otherwise he'd have to rely on an intruder happening to walk up to EXACTLY that one single spot to get caught, but he was too savvy for their attempts to pad their invoices!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The real bloodbath is gonna be when Pete murders everybody at that network for making a Spidery-Sam show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Brandon Kim Brandon is sure a name. Like the meanest parents give their son the same first and last name.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Spidey could literally just shoot his web between the bars to haul Owl directly over to him and threaten violence on him at close proximity till he lets him out!

Also I hope when The Owl had the bars installed, the guys who put it in were begging him to let them install multiple different cages since otherwise he'd have to rely on an intruder happening to walk up to EXACTLY that one single spot to get caught, but he was too savvy for their attempts to pad their invoices!

Maybe the floor is actually completely covered in cages and he only activated the one Spidey stood on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*flashback to The Owl placing a Spidery-Sam clipping directly over the trap*

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yes you do! You constantly run into flying felons!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think we could make a Sunday strip out of the punisher going up the stairs.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

drat, Pete remembered he had super strength.

So are we supposed to assume that this is somehow all part of the Owls plan to pit these two against each other? I really hope he's just flying around in circles in a panic while screaming about how Spider-Man will be sorry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ikasuhito posted:

drat, Pete remembered he had super strength.

So are we supposed to assume that this is somehow all part of the Owls plan to pit these two against each other? I really hope he's just flying around in circles in a panic while screaming about how Spider-Man will be sorry.

I don’t think Owl wanted Spidey to come to his house. Remember this is happening cause a goon he spared tattled on him.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Maybe not to his house, but he did slip a note into the goons jacket implying that he was in communication with Spidey, so I assume that's his hope.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:laffo:
I like how one we currently have one Spidey just casually wrenching apart a big metal cage, and one who is stymied by simple ropes he allowed someone to put around him

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Murdstone posted:

Yes you do! You constantly run into flying felons!

Nah, just the Vulture, the various Green Goblins, The Beetle, Various spider Slayers, Electro, Morbius, the various Hobgoblins, the Human Fly, the Headsman, Swarm, Magneto, Hammerhand, Lou Andrews...

Okay, the last two used Helicopters, but still.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

maltesh posted:

Nah, just the Vulture, the various Green Goblins, The Beetle, Various spider Slayers, Electro, Morbius, the various Hobgoblins, the Human Fly, the Headsman, Swarm, Magneto, Hammerhand, Lou Andrews...

Okay, the last two used Helicopters, but still.

Kingpin and Golden Claw had helicopter And jetpacks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MonsterEnvy posted:

maltesh posted:

Punisher runs into Raskin and his goons, still climbing the stairs and repeatedly loading their guns, years later.

Come on Stan Lee's Ghostwriter, do it!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

:hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 21, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wp3rzAdwT8

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
I kind of hope the Punisher winds up missing the final showdown because he had to stop to catch his breath after running up 35 flights of stairs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He probably had short rests when he was changing his coat and trousers

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hoping that Spider-Man finishes fighting the owl and leaves before the punisher actually reaches the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:haibrow: