Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Virtual Russian posted:

Major art collections are pulling out of the country because we have literally zero enforcement on art crime. There are literally two cops in the country dedicated to it, both in Quebec, and the RCMP has said they won't investigate because it would require them to take on an estimated 5000 cases.

Our cops are all meatheads that only know how to beat on homeless. My buddies business got robbed by a team of guys with pick-up trucks, the cops looked at the footage and said "homeless did it, not investigating." Wouldn't shock me if they were out there robbing people.

I got an art crime for ya. Check out your army lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
arent't there like whole panels of people who decide whether you get a tax write-off for donating art

so I guess be sure to get your story straight after trivially stealing art if it was for tax purposes

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Try saying Minecraft man milking a moose 10 times fast in front of your partner who has no idea what youre talking about

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

ARACHTION posted:

Try saying Minecraft man milking a moose 10 times fast in front of your partner who has no idea what youre talking about

Okay. Now that she's locked herself in the bedroom and is crying, what do I do next?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Ah, the classic NIPSIA hustle.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Okay. Now that she's locked herself in the bedroom and is crying, what do I do next?

find a moose

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

I got an art crime for ya. Check out your army lol.

hosed up

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Virtual Russian posted:

Major art collections are pulling out of the country because we have literally zero enforcement on art crime. There are literally two cops in the country dedicated to it, both in Quebec, and the RCMP has said they won't investigate because it would require them to take on an estimated 5000 cases.

Our cops are all meatheads that only know how to beat on homeless. My buddies business got robbed by a team of guys with pick-up trucks, the cops looked at the footage and said "homeless did it, not investigating." Wouldn't shock me if they were out there robbing people.

I mean gently caress the pigs etc etc but do you know how stoked I would be to be a Mountie tasked only with investigating art thieves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LNQXjKFKwU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who are you, inspector clouseau?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

I mean gently caress the pigs etc etc but do you know how stoked I would be to be a Mountie tasked only with investigating art thieves?

Honestly yeah, feels like a tv show. However, consider this: You exclusively interact with the art world for your living. The art world is absolutely the worst part of being an artist.

Honestly, the army prepared me for that. It is much of the same bullshit. My first art job after leaving the army was working for a pair of artists that were also ex-mil. It made for a good transition.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 01:57 on May 5, 2024

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

The Score was just a propaganda piece? :ohdear:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
this country is obsessed with cars, and the suburban car is the highest form of life but they're too poo poo and lazy to do anything about auto theft so i think we've become an illict car parts black market haven too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
art crime? car theft? money laundering? what are you nerds so worried about when there's a crisis going on and we need all available police resources deployed in their riot gear 24/7 in case some 19-year-olds need their skulls bashed open in the name of the military-industrial complex

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
anyone with the temerity to pitch a tent on public land will get their poo poo wrecked

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

same

i always thought doing postal service enforcement would likewise be interesting, the us mail cops are kind of ridic

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol the Leafs

Will they join a Vancouver or Edmonton bandwagon at Boston Pizza?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

anyone with the temerity to pitch a tent on public land will get their poo poo wrecked

excuse me the uoft is private land and they are letting the students stay on it

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Bilirubin posted:

lol the Leafs

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bilirubin posted:

lol the Leafs

Will they join a Vancouver or Edmonton bandwagon at Boston Pizza?

Lmao. Time to call my dad and ask him innocently 'so how the Leafs doing this year'. Will hear the tea kettle steam shooting out of his ears from across the country

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1786724043908940015?t=McJoAoRi5sQ7USy_pkSAZQ&s=19

We really, really need to stop politicians from making Star Wars videos.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
christ he looks old

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

This got a laugh out of me,

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

christ he looks old

hes divorced now that happens

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

channelling the life force of canadians for nine years has taken its toll

another election and he'll start looking like ian mcdiarmid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

id like to channel my foot up his rear end

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

id like to channel my foot up his rear end

wow, WOW!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

you better believe its actionable

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

if the citizens don't find you handsome, they should at least find their foot channelled inside your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/korea_suicide/status/1786961727856193929?t=Jk4KlDfQI4HRMbQvRT4ojw&s=19