Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dreylad posted:

wild that even doug ford doesn't support the ban

That's easy. He publicly doesn't support the ban but when the time comes to vote on repealing it he's too busy serving the folks of Ontario so he's not in the chamber. Then, when it doesn't get unanimous consent because his party is full of racists like Lisa McLeod, he can just shrug and say it went to a vote. He gets to avoid being called a racist by being vocally against it without actually doing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
loving goombas

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

TheKingofSprings posted:

loving goombas

speciesism doesn't have a place here :colbert:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Look at all these champions,

https://twitter.com/gerarddeltell/status/1782231211907117317

digitalist has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Apr 23, 2024

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lmao c parfait

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
"Le gros bon sens" makes me think of this...

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

The translation by itself is just dumb, directly translating "For Canada" to "Pour Canada", it should be Pour le Canada, if they had even bothered to use deepl they would have gotten it right.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
la canada, we're a lady

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Appealing to Canada with beer, a thing that Pierre definitely drinks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1782862973188358199?t=mQ6spZqwWFCnbgkDkorSGA&s=19

This spineless motherfucker can't even do a non apology without trying to deflect and talk about the economy.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

I guess Pierre here is just representing a proud Canadian tradition, how did I miss this?

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/596330/vingt-dollars-polymere-feuille
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE90H16V/ - An actual English link
Turns out the maple leaf on the 20$ bill is Norwegian, and was imported here in the 18th century.

quote:

The new polymer $20 bills continue to stir controversy. After merchants complained that the notes were not accepted by vending machines, botanists assert that the maple leaf that appears on the greenbacks is not a Canadian species, but rather a Norwegian one.

The Norwegian maple arrived in Canada in the 18th century. It is said to have been imported by a Philadelphia merchant and used as a decorative tree in gardens. Recently, however, the Norwegian maple leaf has appeared in the official logos of various organizations, such as those of Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, and the International Football Federation's Under-20 World Cup. association (FIFA).

According to botanists, the Canadian Fund of Telefilm Canada and the Alliance of Natural History Museums of Canada also made the same mistake. Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Center botanist Sean Blaney says he never expected to find a Norwegian maple leaf on the $20 bill . He explains that this maple species is, in fact, considered an invasive species that harms other plants in the east of the country.

The botanist believes that it is not appropriate to find these leaves on a Canadian emblem such as the country's motto.

Did they ever fix this? If I still carried cash I'd check.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

An aggresive pest that harms the native ecology? Sounds pretty appropriate to me

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

DaysBefore posted:

An aggresive pest that harms the native ecology? Sounds pretty appropriate to me

:hmmyes:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DaysBefore posted:

canadian as hell, imo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
https://www.readthemaple.com/canada-to-host-tests-of-israeli-arms-tech-used-on-palestinians/

terror drones for the global poor and those being made to join them :freeland:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

This could really boost our unarmed civilian killing capability!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DaysBefore posted:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

DaysBefore posted:

New thread title

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I got an email about this, I hadn't made that connection.

loving IWI is always showing off their stuff as if Canada is going to buy Tavors.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
technically its aim assist rifles, automated turret embankments (chemical, stun, less than lethal), and anti drone drones but its a vibe you know

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Precambrian Video Games posted:

The quote is a joke, right? He did not actually say that?

You don't remember Paulie "Capo" Calandra from the Harper years?

As shameless as he is stupid; he hasn't only been repeatedly busted by his own party for mismanaging donations, but his own siblings sued him for stealing from their dying mother!

Easily one of my fav Tories out there, love to see him still going strong

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

DaysBefore posted:

:hmmyes:

Guigui posted:

"Le gros bon sens" makes me think of this...

Jacques Gourde's delivery @ ~15 seconds goes hard

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/tele/infoman/site/segments/chronique/457914/parlement-canadien-ottawa-deputes

This vid was also interesting for a bit of background on how similar slogans were used in the past including senior Trudeau's, there are subs but not in English.

They also had a compilation Pierre saying the slogan over and over until it lost all meaning but can't find a clip of that.

edit: might as well make this a gros bon sens megapost, this vid on the same topic was interesting, you can auto generate English subs if you're brave. Been a week or two since I watched it but if my memory isn't completely failing me, it discusses populism and the appeal to "common sense".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3wYJBc4eg

digitalist has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Apr 24, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MeTheCookieLady/status/1782926282856202702?t=3X-MCOIfbXz4YPB12JNzKQ&s=19

This dumbass looks like absolute poo poo.

https://twitter.com/_llebrun/status/1782958336515711194?t=12MHjLVS_O50wAXbaDLrIw&s=19

Literally going for round two of courting the convoy fuckers.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Apr 24, 2024

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

guy peaked too early. it’s just over for him

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is he wearing 2 jackets?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

I mean he has to steal them back from Bernier & the PP's or he'll end up like Scheer & O'Toole

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

andrew scheer energy

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

.303 british is neat because if you're a skinflint you buy surplus 7.62x39 for cheap and salvage they bullet and powder to reload into all the old .303 brass you've been squirrelling away, and it's like fallout: new vegas irl :blessed:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Lol pollievre is trying to make friends with the people who said black loyalists were drug dealers and thugs and was so racist the Jamaica Gleaner put her front page

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20180421/lazy-people-canadian-politician-apologises-after-labelling-jamaicans

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

What we really needed was more truckers and sure, why not? Throw some dogwhistle racism in there too.

The worst part is people are tired enough of the Grits, we may see the Tories get in anyway.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
He looks more like millhouse every day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blood Boils posted:

I mean he has to steal them back from Bernier & the PP's or he'll end up like Scheer & O'Toole

why would these people vote?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Les Gros Bon Seins

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Juul-Whip posted:

you'd think that, but remember, the other option is the liberals who've been in power for 9 years.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Juul-Whip posted:

wishful thinking imo, still too far out to tell

infernal machines posted:

why would these people vote?

well *somebody* votes for the pps

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Hubbert posted:

andrew scheer energy

who?

this post become ironic while i was writing it, when clicked reply i genuinely couldn't remember who the gently caress andrew scheer was. he has zero mental staying power for me

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I still chuckle that Erin O'tool was like 2 years younger than Justin despite looking 15 years older lmao

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Les Gros Bon Seins

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cock hero flux posted:

who?

this post become ironic while i was writing it, when clicked reply i genuinely couldn't remember who the gently caress andrew scheer was. he has zero mental staying power for me

I unfortunately see him on a semi regular basis along with the other fucks strolling down Sparks Street. He's easy to spot because he has a permanent deer in the headlights look in his eyes and when he smiles he looks like Jim Parsons creepy Sheldon smile.