Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

POsibr posted:

Also, it is entirely possible to save Tarhiel from dying. One way is to run directly to the spot where he falls, before it happens (would probably require a lot Speed to make it, also precise positioning). Somehow, when he hits your head, the game doesn't register it as a proper surface and does not mete fall damage out. This was definitely true for the older versions, not sure if it has been corrected since.

The second way, I theorize, would be to cast a spell of Slowfall on him, either directly or via AoE.

Not that it has any real purpose, mind you. I don't remember exactly, but he either has no conversation options or offers just the gently caress-off Goodbye prompt.

It's just hilarious to know the system can be played. Similiar to how you can strip to your underwear to make hostile people talk to you. :eng101:

He just says he doesn't want to talk about it and exits the conversation. According to usep he apparently is also tagged as a merchant and a smith, but since he has no money and nothing to sell and won't talk to you anyway its pretty moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

POsibr posted:

Also, it is entirely possible to save Tarhiel from dying. One way is to run directly to the spot where he falls, before it happens (would probably require a lot Speed to make it, also precise positioning). Somehow, when he hits your head, the game doesn't register it as a proper surface and does not mete fall damage out. This was definitely true for the older versions, not sure if it has been corrected since.

The second way, I theorize, would be to cast a spell of Slowfall on him, either directly or via AoE.

Not that it has any real purpose, mind you. I don't remember exactly, but he either has no conversation options or offers just the gently caress-off Goodbye prompt.

It's just hilarious to know the system can be played. Similiar to how you can strip to your underwear to make hostile people talk to you. :eng101:

you can ask him about the scrolls of icarian flight. his response is "I don't want to talk about it."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
So, I set up a personal challenge to make everyone in Seyda Neen love the poo poo out of my Redguard knight. I think I’ve gotten my Speechcraft up to 70-something and my Personality up to 65-ish. There’s still a couple holdouts who are at 0 disposition. I’m still not quite at the breakpoint where I can chain multiple successes on them at such a low score.

There’s really only three NPCs in town I can think of that you’d want max relations with, the merchant and the two trainers. Especially the trainers. Having 100 disposition with a trainer saves you piles of septims.

E: don’t forget to rest up to full stamina before social-spamming people. Don’t want to make those checks even harder.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 18, 2018

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

double nine posted:

you can use levitation or slowfall spells to stop your flight before impact, but even so ... if you use them all, they're gone! And you might need them later!

Yeah, there are absolutely ways to get out of it. But if you're just proceeding through this game on your first playthrough, without being aware of most of that stuff, it is highly probable that you will hit this scene before you have any of those tools.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Huh. There are 4 trainers in Seyda Neen. Two upstairs in Arrile’s Tradehouse, one in the locked warehouse upstairs and the Imperial guy who asks you about your class and star sign. How bout that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Huh. There are 4 trainers in Seyda Neen. Two upstairs in Arrile’s Tradehouse, one in the locked warehouse upstairs and the Imperial guy who asks you about your class and star sign. How bout that?

I wonder if anyone made a romance mod for that dude, asking what you do and what your sign is sure sounds like a first date.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I wonder if anyone made a romance mod for that dude, asking what you do and what your sign is sure sounds like a first date.
There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice

is

yours.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice

is

yours.

Oh god

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

That's what Fargoth says during their Friday night "census meetings."

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Pvt.Scott posted:

That's what Fargoth says during their Friday night "census meetings."

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!

POsibr
Nov 14, 2017

These go to eleven, Keith.
Well, this thread came to creepy fanfic surprisingly early. :D

And, we haven't met Uncle Crassius yet. :allears:

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

POsibr posted:

Well, this thread came to creepy fanfic surprisingly early. :D

And, we haven't met Uncle Crassius yet. :allears:

:gonk:

:pervert:

Of course, I have some :words: about this, but better to wait a while. Like most other things I have to say. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Just a heads-up: The font and background colours you've set in morrowind.ini translate flawlessly into openmw.cfg, and they're used correctly. (In case anyone didn't know, you don't have to put up with dark-red positive numbers, choices, and so on in the text and stat windows.)

• Locked thread