Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

him talking to all those spacex employees like it was an investor presentation was painful to watch. surprise! you're going to be building a huge fuckoff spaceplane 2 that will go to mars in the next few years! isn't that exciting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Beeftweeter posted:

but if the car is moving that fast there will be nobody to yell ethnic slurs at the workers still left in the factory doing menial work

the doppler shift adds a lot of oomph to the hard R

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Chris Knight posted:

probably something real

well they WERE, but at my previous real, industry-standard software company, twitter was in the middle of breaking off their contract with us bc they wanted to roll their own (good luck). they were straight up refusing to pay their bills lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

If I was in the right continent/timezone I'd buy one share and turn up at the shareholder meetings to be a righteous pain in the rear end as is my right

for popular stocks there's literally thousands of people who attempt to do this, I think you have to pretend you have a legit questions before they let you do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

qirex posted:

for popular stocks there's literally thousands of people who attempt to do this, I think you have to pretend you have a legit questions before they let you do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY

i think powerful two hander should go to a tsla meeting and do exactly this

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

assume this is significantly longer than the demumbled cut
just the opposite!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Chris Knight posted:

look. Elon knows more about manufacturing than anyone else on the planet! it's a shame he can't seem to tell anyone who works for him what that is.

he can't tell anyone what it is because it's simply too advanced, you see. we have not even begun to establish terminology for these processes and therefore they cannot be explained by elon's extremely special mind, it's just not possible. and even if it were, his mind works so much faster than yours or mine that it would not come out correctly, for over 90 minutes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i'm starting to think elon keeps doing that stupid :shrug: pose where he also wears that stupid rear end expression like he has a piece of literal poop under his nose because if the only stock photos of him that exist show that pose, it follows that articles with bad news about elon are an attempt at an alfred e. neumann-esque "what, me gently caress up?"

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

you know i was all ready to say "obviously that was a joke that an engineer made that got misunderstood, 'we'll be building cars so fast you'll need to worry about air resistance' is the same kind of joke as 'i want my steak so rare it's still mooing'"

but lol no elon seems to actually think that cars should be going through his factories like they're speeding through a school zone

The vacuum thing is probably hyperbole but

solution is obvious

run the factory assembly lines at the normal speed but eject the finished cars from the factory on a falcon heavy rocket

this will easily meet the desired assembly velocity, on average

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Roosevelt posted:

i think powerful two hander should go to a tsla meeting and do exactly this

if it was this subject elon would start hopping around like a hyped up child and start going "yeah, uh,uh, yeah and then,uh,I come in because I'm on mars, and,uh I'm in spaceship 9, and uh," then if shout him down for being scrub tier because "there's no way that fat rear end is getting in a suit and anyway winners don't do drugs Elon" then I'll mic drop and walk out while everyone stands up and claps

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i watched like 20 seconds of this before turning it off, but christ the guy is just awful at public speaking and nobody is forcing him to do this. why does he still do it

and i mean, even if he likes doing it he can obviously afford a loving speech coach, but i realize that would be admitting to having a fault so elon won't do it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Elon? go to speech *therapy*?! surely you jest

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he still wants "never went to therapy" on his tombstone

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Chris Knight posted:

Elon? go to speech *therapy*?! surely you jest

they don't even need to call it therapy, lol, "speech coach" is a pretty common term

hell he can afford to just hire some animation voice director to help him or some poo poo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

this is all supposing musk thinks there's anything wrong with his speaking. he probably thinks his ers and ums and uncomfortable pauses are endearing eccentricities.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
musk thinks he’s a powerful orator like Steve Jobs but even better

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm starting to think elon keeps doing that stupid :shrug: pose where he also wears that stupid rear end expression like he has a piece of literal poop under his nose because if the only stock photos of him that exist show that pose, it follows that articles with bad news about elon are an attempt at an alfred e. neumann-esque "what, me gently caress up?"

it's a poo poo-eating grin in full body form, an irrepressible physical expression of "Please, please look at me! I eat poo poo!"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
We've already seen a musk stan claim it's because his brain just moves so darn fast that it's difficult for him to slow down and express himself in a way pathetic normies can understand. He probably thinks the same thing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

they don't even need to call it therapy, lol, "speech coach" is a pretty common term

hell he can afford to just hire some animation voice director to help him or some poo poo
but that would mean that Elon wasn't perfect and able to invent everything from first principles!

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

it's much simpler. speech therapy is something that takes time, and musk wants to spend all his time shitposting on twitter, taking drugs, lying, playing video games badly, etc. he's a literal child

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/business/status/1783473095514202258

The company said Thursday that it lost $1.28 a share, or $392 million, against analyst expectation for a loss of 44 cents a share. The car rental company took a $195 million charge for the depreciation of an additional 10,000 EVs that Hertz is now holding for sale. While the company met revenue expectations, it is trying to quickly work past its failed bet on electric vehicles that resulted in lower rental rates and higher costs.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1783473095514202258

The company said Thursday that it lost $1.28 a share, or $392 million, against analyst expectation for a loss of 44 cents a share. The car rental company took a $195 million charge for the depreciation of an additional 10,000 EVs that Hertz is now holding for sale. While the company met revenue expectations, it is trying to quickly work past its failed bet on electric vehicles that resulted in lower rental rates and higher costs.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

X formerly Twitter is down to #83 on the Canadian app store chart

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

infernal machines posted:

he still wants "never went to therapy" on his tombstone

personally I would love to see it happen

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

personally I would love to see it happen
and soon!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Roosevelt posted:

this is all supposing musk thinks there's anything wrong with his speaking. he probably thinks his ers and ums and uncomfortable pauses are endearing eccentricities.

I wonder if he thinks he sounds like Jeff Goldblum in one of his sexy dork roles.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Juul-Whip posted:

X formerly Twitter is down to #83 on the Canadian app store chart

that's because everyone already has it installed and uses it every day

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New Lovecraftian horror just dropped
https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1783507212771402221

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

climate change leading belugas to cover themselves with trash and beach themselves, awful

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Internet Old One posted:

I wonder if he thinks he sounds like Jeff Goldblum in one of his sexy dork roles.

you have said the actual truth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shoulda stayed on the ozempic

he's at least 260 lbs now

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

hwat the gently caress

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Endless Mike posted:

shoulda stayed on the ozempic

he's at least 260 lbs now

This is with the ozempic.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
guys thats a midjourney pic, yall disappoint me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but jonny, there's no community note, it must be true

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Jonny 290 posted:

I heard the person who created that did so for the explicit purpose of trolling his "free speech" policy on Twitter

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

hwat the gently caress

jabba the hwat

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Jonny 290 posted:

If there were something inaccurate on the X, The Everything App platform, there would be a community note or some refutation in the replies.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i agree with jonny. elon is in top physical shape and this is a blatant forgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm trying to wrap my head around this and it's just

like all he did was take 5 meters and divide by 25 seconds and somehow that's how fast the assembly line moves? does he think it takes only 25 seconds to make the whole car? does he think the assembly line is only as long as the car? i think i smell burnt toast??
one of his genius ideas was to run the car assembly robots at 10x (or 100x) speed so that theyd build cars 10x (or 100x) as fast, simple as