Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I love butter's spotted beans! Hope she gets an etsy presence once she finds her voice.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but if the regularly scheduled pleading is at feeding times and is undesirable, the cat faq thread recommends trying an autofeeder to distance yourself from the feeding moment. Usually there's a sound that they'll get triggered by instead of the reinforced vocalization => attention => food cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Betty looking majestic af

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Betty looking far less majestic and far more pissed off. :3:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

First time I've gotten Tictac to sit still and actually look at the camera. Of course it was somewhere too dark to take a picture.
(That thing coming off of her neck oh the left side is just a thread strand from her collar.)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

We need more cat content in here. Feel free to post non-picture cat content. I'll go first in what I like to call "dumb poo poo my cat does".

So Noot makes her own fun (did I mention her thing about the box-chewing and living inside?). Literally will find things to turn into toys. I can get her to chase toilet-rolls, and she loves popping bubble-wrap. Currently she's obsessed with twist-ties, those things get everywhere, and she loves to bat them around the floor like they're alive. I have a coloured fish on a string that I keep in a draw I call "Mr Fishy" and she knows it's in there and goes bananas whenever I open the draw hoping I bring out Mr Fishy and will literally jump at it for hours and lately i just let her run off with it and wear herself out instead of me. My new plan is to get those practice golf balls and see how long before she gets bored with that (maybe never, she's a funny little cat).

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Here is Noodle casting her "summon food" dragon shout at me while I pooped.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

ewe2 posted:

We need more cat content in here.

https://i.imgur.com/hXsJhBA.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/gbtCYOK.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/EajfUEv.mp4

unmute those last two

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Butter fell asleep with one paw extended and resting on my :weed: jar. :cabot:

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

Butter fell asleep with one paw extended and resting on my :weed: jar. :cabot:

Butter wonders why the human has this strange not-catnip in a jar.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
The jar is competition for love and attention. The jar must fall.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaj posted:

The jar is competition for love and attention. The jar must fall.

Butter will get right on that

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Fiona and her favorite box

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Awww just like my Noot!

Except...Noot has decided my studio chair is MUCH nicer...

It is always, of course, a trap :v:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Still wanna pet that tummy

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

AuntBuck posted:

Still wanna pet that tummy

I did :D and she also got cuddles and there was much purrs.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is the last photo I took of Noot. Sadly last week I discovered she had a congenital heart defect and she rapidly deteriorated over the course of several days. I could have maintained her life with medication but it would have unnecessarily prolonged the inevitable just for my benefit, so I took the decision and let her go. It was very hard to do that. I will get another kitty sometime in the new year but right now I need to take time off and get over the loss. Please keep posting kitties, they are all beautiful and precious! Noot made it to 3 years and 1 week, that was good going for a kitty born with a heart defect, and it was worth every minute I spent with her.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I'm sorry for your loss. Noot was a beautiful kitty, and you did the best for her.

Please accept this average photo of Fiona about to bang her face into my phone.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

boop dat nose! thank you :3:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm very sorry about Noot; thank you for giving her a good life in the time she had.

Anyway, if other cat pictures will help, here's our fuzzy idiot:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
So sorry about Noot. She seemed like a wonderful cat, and she clearly lived a happy spoiled life filled with love. :love:

I follow entirely too many kitten fosterers on Instagram, and one of them got this odd-looking kitten and I'm going to be so sad when she gets adopted. Just look at this little inkwell face. How could you not love it? :kimchi:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I'm sorry about Noot, but I'm also glad she got to lead such a lovely life with you.

Please accept this picture of my fluffbundle, Tilly. She overgrooms as a result of a period of time between her first owner and coming to me where things weren't so good for her, hence the missing patches of fur, but she's doing better every day and she is a massive snugglebutt. If she can't be either on top of me or in sight of me she gets very upset.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Tilly is a sweetie, I hope she chills out more and more every day and her purr engine ramps up :3:

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

When she moved in with us all those years ago, she was a ball of murderous rage. Catnip and pheromones had the opposite of their intended effect on her, leading to me referring to her as a Reaver cat.
And also as a cat theremin, due to the way you could manipulate the pitch and tone of her growl by moving closer or farther away.
But she’s finally getting the point where she will enjoy being picked up, to actually rubbing on us to ask for attention. And tonight, while we were eating dinner, she did that, sitting in a box all cute as hell.
She has finally and truly learned How To Cat.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Enjoying summer

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Beautiful Calico/Torties itt. And a lot of tortietude.

So sorry about Noot, ewe2. I just caught up on the thread from beginning to end and she was adorable.

It's been a while since I checked in on Pet Island, but I figured this would be a good chance share my Tortie.

This is Ciri. She's an rear end in a top hat and I love her.

I've never met a cat so sinister. She's figured out how to open doors, turn on water faucets, flip light switches, and basically a thousand other ways to be the most adorable gremlin menace in our lives. And you know that sound that the Sand People in Star Wars make? She can just kind of do that at will and it's like living with a tiny howler monkey.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 13, 2020

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Did someone say extreme tortitude

The place we foster-to-adopted her from warned us about the tortitude but we were not ready.

But she is also very beautiful.

She has a habit, whenever she has a hairball (often), of immediately coming and demanding snuggles and pets afterwards. I wish she wasn't so adorable about it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Several Goblins posted:

I've never met a cat so sinister. She's figured out how to open doors, turn on water faucets, flip light switches, and basically a thousand other ways to be the most adorable gremlin menace in our lives. And you know that sound that the Sand People in Star Wars make? She can just kind of do that at will and it's like living with a tiny howler monkey.

What an amazing catte, and thanks for your condolences. I've been looking at cattes in the shelter, there's one that apparently likes to steal and eat bread. Of course she's a calico! But it's too soon for me and a breadcatte might be better suited to someone who can afford to replace the bread!

mycelia posted:

Did someone say extreme tortitude

The place we foster-to-adopted her from warned us about the tortitude but we were not ready.

But she is also very beautiful.

She has a habit, whenever she has a hairball (often), of immediately coming and demanding snuggles and pets afterwards. I wish she wasn't so adorable about it.

What a stunning calico. I see she does traps too, wicked.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

The face markings :3: lil twoface cat.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thread needs more posts, so here's Abby the tortie exploring a new park.

https://i.imgur.com/q43WReM.mp4

She begs to go outside every evening but we usually just do the backyard and she's gotten too comfortable, she'll plop down in her favorite spot and stare at squirrels for an hour. So I'm trying to mix it up.

(the ride in the car sucks)

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

So fluffy! It must be fun to take her out, even if the car ride sucks. I've been out with my sister when she walks hers, and it's so cute seeing people react. (Mine will not tolerate a harness, alas.)

We've been having a heatwave, and yet someone thinks it's a good idea to lie on me literally all the time.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Perfectly baked tortie-loaf

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Fluffy Betty

After a haircut

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

These are adorable cats! Thanks for continuing the posts. I have a new catte but I became a catte racist and got a Bombay cross called Mirk, she is very different to Noot and totally owns me, but I want to keep seeing your lovely owners!

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 19, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mycelia posted:

So fluffy! It must be fun to take her out, even if the car ride sucks. I've been out with my sister when she walks hers, and it's so cute seeing people react. (Mine will not tolerate a harness, alas.)

With her it's good and bad. She loves going outside and will loudly demand it around 5pm every night. But she's also a super pampered indoor cat, and if it's too cold or too hot she'll do a u-turn on the porch and go back to bed. As for the harness training, it was my first success. On all my previous cats we tried as they were adults and it just didn't work. Some cats will tolerate it at later ages, but most don't. So with our current pair we started as kittens and even the one that hates going outside is happy with a harness on.

I was never a big tortie fan until we got this one and she was actually a bit ugly as a kitten, was the last of her litter adopted for a really in demand breed. But she grew into it and now I think torties are kickin' rad.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

xzzy posted:

Thread needs more posts, so here's Abby the tortie exploring a new park.

https://i.imgur.com/q43WReM.mp4

She begs to go outside every evening but we usually just do the backyard and she's gotten too comfortable, she'll plop down in her favorite spot and stare at squirrels for an hour. So I'm trying to mix it up.

(the ride in the car sucks)

Abby looks a lot like my Betty. :3:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, super close! I don't claim to be an expert cat identifier but Betty looks like a Siberian to me. Super similar to the forest cat that Abby is. The easiest to spot difference is the relatively straight nose ridge.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Cats generally aren't specific breeds unless you get one from a breeder.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Betty was a $5 Humane Society special.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://i.imgur.com/vjcAxrv.mp4