Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thread needs more posts, so here's Abby the tortie exploring a new park.

https://i.imgur.com/q43WReM.mp4

She begs to go outside every evening but we usually just do the backyard and she's gotten too comfortable, she'll plop down in her favorite spot and stare at squirrels for an hour. So I'm trying to mix it up.

(the ride in the car sucks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mycelia posted:

So fluffy! It must be fun to take her out, even if the car ride sucks. I've been out with my sister when she walks hers, and it's so cute seeing people react. (Mine will not tolerate a harness, alas.)

With her it's good and bad. She loves going outside and will loudly demand it around 5pm every night. But she's also a super pampered indoor cat, and if it's too cold or too hot she'll do a u-turn on the porch and go back to bed. As for the harness training, it was my first success. On all my previous cats we tried as they were adults and it just didn't work. Some cats will tolerate it at later ages, but most don't. So with our current pair we started as kittens and even the one that hates going outside is happy with a harness on.

I was never a big tortie fan until we got this one and she was actually a bit ugly as a kitten, was the last of her litter adopted for a really in demand breed. But she grew into it and now I think torties are kickin' rad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, super close! I don't claim to be an expert cat identifier but Betty looks like a Siberian to me. Super similar to the forest cat that Abby is. The easiest to spot difference is the relatively straight nose ridge.