Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh poo poo there's a thread for another kind of cat we have. Those of you in the cute thread already know Iskierka:

My wife and I went to pick up (our sphynx) Rexie's meds at the vet and they have a kitten room. We went in while they filled the prescription like we usually do and there were a lot of kittens and their moms in there. This tiny little dirty baby climbed right into my wife's lap and put her paws up on her chest and licked the tip of her nose. Later she came over to me and did the same.

She was so incredibly tiny and skinny and she smelled like pee. We later learned she was still recovering from being spayed. She had been the runt of her litter that her siblings bullied so she wasn't getting enough food for a while.

We didn't want another cat, but decided to ask if she was available. We were told she was spoken for, so yay it's out of our hands......

The next day I'm up on the roof hanging lights and my wife comes out yelling. It turns out the lady who adopted this kitten and another one never told her husband, he just came home to 2 kittens (they only let you adopt 2 or more if you don't already have another cat). He threw a fit and made her return them. Were we still interested?

So on a total impulse we picked this little girl up and it was the best decision we ever made.

She's so energetic and playful, but unlike when we got Bishop (who was an orphan), this girl actually learned cat manners. This made her fit in with the whole group, even Rexie who still dislikes Bishop sometimes (because he won't back off even if she screams bloody murder). She had some initial suspicions, but got over them quickly.

Her being here cut down on Bishop going after Rexie for a playmate, gave Rexie someone to play with who knows how to play correctly, and just made the entire cat clan here mesh so well. I had been worried about her disrupting the delicate balance we had with 5 cats, but she did the exact opposite.

All that said.....she's lived up to her name. She is chaos incarnate.

She will eat anything. Here she is stealing pasta out of the pot after I sat down with my plate.

Things she has stolen and then eaten (or attempted to before we intervened) includes but is not limited to goldfish crackers, pickles, chicken wings, a pumpkin spice pizzelle cookies, cheesecake frosting, peas, a whole graham cracker, a hard-boiled egg, and a fortune cookie.

But we love her anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
She's very squeaky, but yes she is incredibly vocal but only toward humans. She always has to announce her arrival when she comes in from the catio and jumps up on the sofa, and she knows how to ask us to follow her or to open doors for her.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Omg that looks so much like our Iska when she was little. Good luck not having her be a foster fail....

Cross-posting my avatar of chaos from the cute thread:

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We uh....didn't measure Rexie's girth before picking up her newest dragon costume.

But it fit Iska perfectly! She's just the avatar of chaos on this plane of existence.