Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003
I posted these to the fabgoon discord and I was told that I must offer these to this thread.

When Macie moved in with us 8 years ago, she was a cat theremin. If you got within ten feet of her, she would start growling fiercely. Her anger and pitch would increase as you or any piece of you approached, lowering by the same amount when you withdrew. She would outright attack anybody except her Human Servant (our flat mate who didn’t really bond with her) if we were suddenly in a random aggro range. On and off for her first few months, she had to be caged during the day just because of her aggression. A few months ago, she has finally become friendly, and has bonded with my wife, hopping up in her lap, and preferring her possessions to nuzzle and deposit fur upon.

Here she is, looking all regal.

A rare instance of her and Bear NOT fighting over possession of the cat tree.

teh winnar! fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

GenericGirlName posted:

Hey uh... What cat tree is this?

ewe2 posted:

A new one because the sisal hasn't been scratched to shreds. But looks great, I wanna know where to get it too! Also Shakti is so cute :swoon:

Actually, it's an old one; we just replace the sisal every few years (Wife's a bit handy). In fact, we don't even know the model; Human Servant brought it with her when she moved in with us, and when asked, could only say she got it "from the cat store." Bah, humans. An hour of googling hasn't found anything exactly like it, though the most similar thing currently available seems to be the Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower (same quality and feature set of bottom house and combination of floors with alternating dominant sides), though the Refined Feline seems to be a single wave center rather than separate panels.

teh winnar! fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 16, 2019

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

Butter fell asleep with one paw extended and resting on my :weed: jar. :cabot:

Butter wonders why the human has this strange not-catnip in a jar.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

When she moved in with us all those years ago, she was a ball of murderous rage. Catnip and pheromones had the opposite of their intended effect on her, leading to me referring to her as a Reaver cat.
And also as a cat theremin, due to the way you could manipulate the pitch and tone of her growl by moving closer or farther away.
But she’s finally getting the point where she will enjoy being picked up, to actually rubbing on us to ask for attention. And tonight, while we were eating dinner, she did that, sitting in a box all cute as hell.
She has finally and truly learned How To Cat.