Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
My boyfriend and I take care of a feral colony and do TNR.

Last year we caught a litter of kittens and their mother. Mama cat is a dilute tortie and so is one of the kittens.

We were able to find homes for 2 of the kittens but the other 3 just refused to be tamed.

They were utterly terrified so we just spayed and neutered them and released them. After another 3 months or so, all three of the feral kittens decided to come inside and they all eventually decided that our house was home.

The fifth kitten we caught, we never got around to naming her because once we had her, we were able to take them all to be fixed, so we just called her Five. Five eventually starting answering to Pretty Girl and so now her name is Pretty Girl Five. She is a dilute tortie. She's also one of the sweetest cats I've ever met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Pretty definitely stares at us, but I think it's more of a factor of her being the cat in charge. And I don't know if I can contribute to the vocal/not vocal thing. Pretty acts like most feral cats. She doesn't make any noise. I'm trying to encourage her and her siblings to talk more by rewarding them any time they meow, purr or trill. It is slow going

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Attacking scratching posts from the top instead of the bottom

I like her style

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Spent some time disturbing Pretty's sleep with my camera this morning

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
That it's a great derpface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
This whole tortitude thing, I think I'm experiencing it. Our little dilute tortie is practically attached to me at all times. She runs ahead of me when she knows where I'm going, follows me everywhere, and anytime I'm sitting or laying down she's cuddled against me. She allows the other cats to get pets from me, but only if she gets the same amount or more. She's really amazing. She's only about 1 1/2 years old, but the more mature she gets, the cooler her personally becomes