Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cutedge posted:

I have been saying for 2 years that if Amazon really wanted money, they would take New World, fix the technical issues with duping and whatever else and then reskin it as their LOTR prequel and kick it out the door. Kind of surprised it took them this long. There's no way this won't just be a New World reskin. It's already confirmed to be the same dev team.

I think that was the plan all along, New World felt like a rough draft of the big IP mmo they wanted to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

that was flyff

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think SWG probably is the mmo that tried the hardest to do that with the original iteration of their Jedi mechanic

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Broke: killing off characters from your blockbuster MMO in a book no one reads
Woke: killing off characters from your blockbuster movies in a MMO no one plays

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

RottenK posted:

isn't that completely normal for MMOs?

Not really, EQ and WoW (the archetypal class based mmos) have multiple 1H and 2H options for most classes. EQ in particular has some weird melee weapons like the Rod of Annihilation that only casters can use. Recently melee has become a popular leveling spec for non-twink necromancers on project 1999

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

Only way to put out a good Warhammer mmo would be doing Age of Reckoning again but with more of the races (skaven, lizardmen, etc) and finished cities.

I think it was confirmed by a LinkedIn post that it's a 40k game (but now I can't find any reference to that post, so maybe not)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ranzear posted:

Devs have been deathly allergic to asymmetric multiplayer since like ... AvP2? Was that really the last one?

Dead by Daylight is pretty popular

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dackel posted:

Evercraft Online had an impromptu alpha for a few hours without much warning. Of course this had to have been during the Diablo 4 open beta while i was playing with hubs and friends. Oh well, time to wait 6 months for the next one

they're doing another one now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

a MMO has camps, Anakin!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Playing it at launch I thought the way Zodiark played out was great. Surprise!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fractured Online, I never heard of it before hearing about the hack just now. Looks similar to Albion Online but the recent reviews on Steam are pretty solid

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kevin Bacon posted:

I think that was World of Warcraft

also Warhammer: Age of Reckoning
also SWTOR I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

canonically Guild Wars takes place immediately after the end of the Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 takes place 200 300 years after the end of the Guild Wars

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 15, 2024