Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Namtab posted:

I hate to backseat moderate my thread about the new moderator but this thread is NOT for discussion of anything but the new mod, questions for the new mod, suggestions for the new mod and warnings for the new mod

Wark, you must find the Jade Dakimakura... before the next full moon.

Edit: Oh, new page.
Uh, congrats Wark. The Mod is dead, long live the Mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The_White_Crane posted:

Wark, you must find the Jade Dakimakura... before the next full moon.

Edit: Oh, new page.
Uh, congrats Wark. The Mod is dead, long live the Mod.
So you're saying I should prove my worth? :aaa:

DisDisDis posted:

gently caress the mods and the ops
Love you too, buddy. ;)

VostokProgram posted:

Ganbarre wark-senpai, I'll be cheering for you
Thanks!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think kurapika knows that killua even has a brother named kalluto, much less that he joined the spiders. kurapika hasn't seen hide nor hair of them since york shin, and kalluto joined afterward.

Does Kurapika even give much of a gently caress about spiders that arent part of his hometown massacre? Didnt he basically tell Hisoka to leave him alone instead of going for his throat since Hisoka was a newer member?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wark gay

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

So you're saying I should prove my worth? :aaa:

Love you too, buddy. ;)

Thanks!

now quote and untimg my other post that was tragically one post away from being a snipe

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guys plz this is not the hxh thread this is the thread for asking wark say questions like who is your favourite member of the phantom troupe and who is your favourite k-on

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Namtab posted:

Guys plz this is not the hxh thread this is the thread for asking wark say questions like who is your favourite member of the phantom troupe and who is your favourite k-on

I like Phinks and Shizuka

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

Should we have a "memorial" thread for Matoi or shoul we just let their memory R.I.P. in piss?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What's your favorite robot wark

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Should we have a "memorial" thread for Matoi or shoul we just let their memory R.I.P. in piss?
we're a nation in mourning

and also itd be weird to harp on the dead mod

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

Mio

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

If you want to make a sayonara Matoi thread that is in your power to do.

Sincerely I don't mind good faith messages to matoi in here but I'd prefer another thread be made because I don't want to deal with it potentially degenerating into trolling, insults or just constant discussion of issues people had with him.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wark, who's your favorite Touhou?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Destroy all threads except for the manga threads

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sure.

Namtab posted:

Formerly? Chrollo. Currently? Phinks. Favorite K-On is Azusa because her 2nd season arc wrecks me.

ninjewtsu posted:

What's your favorite robot wark
Non-anime? The Iron Giant. Anime? Dorothy from The Big O

If you mean mecha, I really like Akihiro's ASW-G-11 Gusion Rebake from Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans because it reminds me of a robot version of Asura the Destructor.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

now quote and untimg my other post that was tragically one post away from being a snipe
Nope. :cheeky:

Jose posted:

Destroy all threads except for the manga threads
Anime can be cool sometimes! No way, Jose!

Xelkelvos posted:

Should we have a "memorial" thread for Matoi or should we just let their memory R.I.P. in piss?

Endorph posted:

we're a nation in mourning

and also it'd be weird to harp on the dead mod
What Endorph said. I think Matoi needs a little space. Let's give him some.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

Wark, who's your favorite Touhou?
Kagerou Imaizumi.

She has long, beautiful nails, is a wolf-girl and is hella cute. :kimchi:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What's your favorite Jojo wark

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Oh is this now the thread where we flood the mod with questions? :D

OK Wark: Coffee or tea? Beer or liquor? Gunbuster or Diebuster? Taichi or Arata?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Jose posted:

Destroy all threads except for the Initial D threads

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

What's your favorite Jojo wark
Specifically from the Joestar Bloodline?
Joseph. Both bro Sugita and Ishizuka inject an already incredibly rambunctious character with such a rich personality by and manage to make him larger than life. Many people have said/written that Takehito Koyasu was basically a perfect fit to play Dio, and he absolutely plays the immortal vampire with a panache and gusto that I have a hard time even imagining any other voice actor coming even close to touching that performance. Well, I think that both Tomokazu Sugita and Unsho Ishizuka (:rip: Ossan :sadwave:) were just what Joseph Joestar necessitated.

From the moment Joseph breaks the fat cop's nose, you knew you were in for a ride. After all these years, neither Battle Tendency nor Stardust Crusaders have been my favorite parts of JoJo (Steel Ball Run is so far still my favorite, even with its pacing issues), but Joseph is definitely my favorite JoJo.

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oh is this now the thread where we flood the mod with questions? :D

OK Wark: Coffee or tea? Beer or liquor? Gunbuster or Diebuster? Taichi or Arata?
  • Drink both, but vastly prefer Tea after work.
  • Not super well-versed in liquor but I like it slightly more than beer.
  • I recently came around liking Diebuster more. Used to be the other way around.
  • Taichi.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh I guess I should ask here:

Wark, what is your stance on the autonomy of thread OPs in managing their own threads?

I remember one time I closed the season thread for what was gonna be an hour or two because people were getting really off topic and posting about posting, even when asked to get back on track, but then Matoi probed me and reopened the thread because he didn't want me managing my own thread, and to leave all issues to him, relying on reports and PMs for bad posts instead.

I thought this was dumb because: I didn't feel any rules were being broken/ You know how reliable it was waiting to hear back from Matoi and for him to actually take action/ Especially in a situation that was happening in real time and that I wanted to cut short/ And why rely on being heavy handed (giving out probes) when a lighter touch would suffice (OP intervenes to quell off-topic/bad posts, by giving the thread a time out so people's heads can cool down)

I DO realize the season thread is a bit different of a beast than show threads or general/one-off threads, so the same rules may not apply to a more generalized thread that much of the Subforum reads and interacts with consistently.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark have you watched Asobi Asobase yet? I think Konosuba has company.

Also can we do a livestream of Jojo Part 5 when the first episode airs in 5 weeks?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

Kagerou Imaizumi.

i've never seen this touhou before

i love her

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Oh I guess I should ask here:

Wark, what is your stance on the autonomy of thread OPs in managing their own threads?

I remember one time I closed the season thread for what was gonna be an hour or two because people were getting really off topic and posting about posting, even when asked to get back on track, but then Matoi probed me and reopened the thread because he didn't want me managing my own thread, and to leave all issues to him, relying on reports and PMs for bad posts instead.

I thought this was dumb because: I didn't feel any rules were being broken/ You know how reliable it was waiting to hear back from Matoi and for him to actually take action/ Especially in a situation that was happening in real time and that I wanted to cut short/ And why rely on being heavy handed (giving out probes) when a lighter touch would suffice (OP intervenes to quell off-topic/bad posts, by giving the thread a time out so people's heads can cool down)

I DO realize the season thread is a bit different of a beast than show threads or general/one-off threads, so the same rules may not apply to a more generalized thread that much of the Subforum reads and interacts with consistently.
This is an excellent question and I will make this part of the new rules I'm cooking up. I actually spent a little time on Tuesday night (right after I got picked to be a mod) thinking about this. I'm sincerely glad you brought it up.

My stance is thus: If you're the thread OP and you start seeing how it's going off the rails, first I'd recommend you to try and get it under control by talking it out. If you feel like you can't correct course via a discussion/discourse is getting heated, feel free to close it, just lemme know via PM. Also, and I think this is implicit, but let's just get it out of the way and make it explicit: If there's a goon or goons posting clearly contemptible content, don't second guess yourself and report me that sucker ipso-facto. We'll be Steve and Danno.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Namtab posted:

besides, how many people would choose correctly (ui)?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Wark have you watched Asobi Asobase yet? I think Konosuba has company.

Also can we do a livestream of Jojo Part 5 when the first episode airs in 5 weeks?
It's basically crushing pretty much any other show I've seen this year that's on my competition for the Top 5. While A Place Further than the Universe is an excellent coming-of-age show, Yuru Camp is C O M F to the max and Megalo Box has given me a soundtrack that I won't forget any time soon (I basically do my warm-ups with 2 songs: Battlefield and Combustion by the mighty Meshuggah), and Pop Team Epic was free and freaky, I am a sucker for good side-splitting comedy, and Asobi Asobase is smacking every other show upside the head.

Yes on the JoJo live-stream; also, semi-rule for the JoJo anime thread: Since I see that it's gonna keep on airing every Friday, you know what's up. ;)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

i've never seen this touhou before

i love her

She hosts game nights with other youkai where they play werewolf except everyone is werewolves and you have to find the secret human.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What is your favorite anime opening and ending wark

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ninjewtsu posted:

What is your favorite anime opening and ending wark
Gonna keep this short since this was turning into a wall-o-text about my life and people have better things to do/read with their time.

ED is pretty much this and very few other things come close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mUcDMZviJY

OP is much more of a toss-up between these two and a couple others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euW71JOlKy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhoT-4iv_sk

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

:haw: Good taste.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

Gonna keep this short since this was turning into a wall-o-text about my life and people have better things to do/read with their time.

ED is pretty much this and very few other things come close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mUcDMZviJY

OP is much more of a toss-up between these two and a couple others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euW71JOlKy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhoT-4iv_sk

welcome ❤️ hell, wark

I think a wall of text is fine

stop by the touhou thread sometime

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 24, 2018

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

It's basically crushing pretty much any other show I've seen this year that's on my competition for the Top 5. While A Place Further than the Universe is an excellent coming-of-age show, Yuru Camp is C O M F to the max and Megalo Box has given me a soundtrack that I won't forget any time soon (I basically do my warm-ups with 2 songs: Battlefield and Combustion by the mighty Meshuggah), and Pop Team Epic was free and freaky, I am a sucker for good side-splitting comedy, and Asobi Asobase is smacking every other show upside the head.

Yes on the JoJo live-stream; also, semi-rule for the JoJo anime thread: Since I see that it's gonna keep on airing every Friday, you know what's up. ;)

Suggestion: the jojo thread has to post, on threat of being locked, the "it's finally Friday" picture every week.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Suggestion: the jojo thread has to post, on threat of being locked, the "it's finally Friday" picture every week.

Suggestion: Since he suggested it, Namtab now has to do this otherwise he gets probed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Suggestion: Since he suggested it, Namtab now has to do this otherwise he gets probed.

Jokes on you I don't post in the jojo thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Kagerou Imaizumi.

Well..I was only about 60% sold on you as the mod but since we share the same favorite touhou I have to support you now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
how many posts are there in a page of somethngawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

I think locking the thread due to a goofy running gag might be overdoing it but I'll spring the question to the thread regulars.

Julias posted:

Are you mad? Namtab is rocking a Karen Kujo av! He's literally too OP to do that! :ohdear:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Well..I was only about 60% sold on you as the mod but since we share the same favorite touhou I have to support you now.
You're a gem of wealth and taste. :tipshat: