Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They got really creative with the visuals to liven up the part where he's just a slime talking to himself, that was pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah they did a great job coming up with little slime mannerisms that aren't needed in the novel or manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I assumed 1 but it turns out it's 24 episodes. nice. :toot: That explains why the intro has stuff from so late in the manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I certainly forgot how dark Shizu's backstory got.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The real crime of this arc is that the ogres all look way cooler before they evolve.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Apparently the LN author is/was a civil engineer, which is probably why he's featured.
Finally I understand why the WN sometimes digressed into paragraphs on the details of constructing a city in a forest full of monsters and building a safe transportation network to nearby civilizations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't think so, since it's extremely long, starts to get really boring and repetitive in the middle, and has a pretty anticlimactic ending.

I do hope we get one more season because (WN spoilers) Rimuru becoming a demon lord is probably the high point of the whole thing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
lot of good new friends this arc

Donnerberg posted:

I knew I recognized the named Lizardman's voice! Turns out it is the same person who does the Konosuba protagonist.
This is perfect casting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

I choose to believe the naming evolution thing, from goblins through wolves through orc lord and ogres, is all just to set up the punchline of the one evolved ogre just looking like a scruffy middle aged guy.
That and the goblin elder hulking out earlier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Top animator embellishment this episode: Shion rolling Rimuru up like a wad of dough after he got stretched out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't wait to see the end of this fight animated. (future spoilers) Two monsters whose special skills are devouring and regeneration having an eating contest is metal as hell. :black101:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 24, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yesterday I learned from the year end sakuga blog picks that the guy who animated the OP for Slime was also responsible for most of the incredible swordfight episode of Princes Principal, which explains why all the motion in it is so good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The sound design for that entire fight was magnifique.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
are we gonna have to My Hero Academia the thread titles

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Poor Milim, sacrificed the ability to wear pants to become a demon lord

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 15, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You just count the magicules, duh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I believe you're thinking of the original web novel version of Spider, which the author abandoned in the middle of what feels like the ending to rewrite the story for the light novels. Like with Slime, the LNs are a huge improvement over the WN, but if you want to read them you'll need to buy the official translations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's a two cour show so it should continue through spring season.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's definitely true that Slime isn't nearly as good as Spider at constructing situations where main characters appear to be in real danger, but there are other people in the setting who hold ultimate skills on the same level as Raphael and can threaten Rimuru.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah that was the part that made me quit reading the WN.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I read a fan translation of the last few WN chapters a long time ago and even the final confrontation with the final boss gets instantly defused in that version, it was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think this is right about where I stopped reading the WN and I can see why.