Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Doctor Spaceman posted:

If they cloned him would the clone be Ploo Koon or Plo Kooon?

Clone Poon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Pluu Koon

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Plo Kloone was right there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jehde posted:

I mean it does sound like the disney streaming app does have some legitimate issues handling HDR on certain platforms. Hasn't been an issue for me though, all those too dark bad batch episodes have looked great for me.

My monitor's fine, my issue it turns out was entirely with Disney.

Torrented all the too-dark episodes in 2160p and they were stunning. Tried to stream the same episodes and all I got was shadows running around in mud.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

fartknocker posted:

Of course, the Plo Koon miniseries has to lead to the Plo Koon movie trilogy.

The only thing that makes me want to watch more Jedi stuff, is the hope that it might be about a gentle and wise master of the Force and not the violent idiots we usually see.

Also, one without Yoda's whole */waves arms */ bullshit.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

Plo Koon needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine

:hmmyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If you need a distraction to escape from a super secure Imperial facility, finding a zillo beast is a drat fine way to go about it.

Can't wait for the next episode. All hell's going to let loose.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

My monitor's fine, my issue it turns out was entirely with Disney.

Torrented all the too-dark episodes in 2160p and they were stunning. Tried to stream the same episodes and all I got was shadows running around in mud.
Your monitor is configured for Dathomir. Go to Settings and turn off Dathomode and try again

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Luuke and Joruus both doubled up letters in their first names, so I'm going with Ploo Koon.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

thrawn527 posted:

Luuke and Joruus both doubled up letters in their first names, so I'm going with Ploo Koon.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Uh oh... hope it's not true.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Uh oh... hope it's not true.

I've been seeing the same posted other places. But I don't know if it's just multiple people speculating the same thing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not entirely sure how they can make a satisfying series finale in the length of a normal episode (especially when the season’s kind of been spinning its wheels a bit getting there). We’ve still got Omega’s escape, by process of elimination the confrontation with Ventress from the trailer, and plenty of questions left to answer

We’ll see how it goes I guess

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
The only way to wrap it up in 20 minutes is just

Tarkin is finally pissed enough at Hemlock that a prototype death star laser destroys half the planet coincidentally during the escape attempt

Everyone dies

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Larryb posted:

Not entirely sure how they can make a satisfying series finale in the length of a normal episode (especially when the season’s kind of been spinning its wheels a bit getting there). We’ve still got Omega’s escape, by process of elimination the confrontation with Ventress from the trailer, and plenty of questions left to answer

We’ll see how it goes I guess

Is there a Ventress scene we've missed? I went back and looked for the trailer they revealed her in, and I'm not sure if this is it, but I found this one from 3 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa5zeHdSwdQ

And I think the reveal of her at the end is already covered by the episode she was in. Timestamped video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNyWRXrlznw&t=116s

I could be wrong, this might not be the only trailer.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 25, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, in retrospect you’re right. For some reason I remembered it happening in a more well lit area on top of a ship but I probably got it mixed up with another scene

Nevermind that part then but we’ve still got a lot of ground left to cover regardless

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
If next Wednesday’s episode is normal length, then I hope they drop a surprise bonus actual final episode on Saturday for May 4th.

Or cause I just want more of this show :kiddo:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Even if it is the end I wouldn’t be surprised if Omega’s story continued in another show (possibly whatever major animated project they announce after this, or they pull an Ahsoka and make a random switch to live action)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/flash-strike-episode-guide

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Loved the laser powered pneumatic tube system. At least that's what I assumed those things were in the walls. Or like a more elaborate laundry chute.

I'm assuming that 24 minute finale rumour is just that. Hard to believe they'd have a series finale of that length.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plus, they started the series with an extended premiere so why not end it with an extended finale?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you need a distraction to escape from a super secure Imperial facility, finding a zillo beast is a drat fine way to go about it.

Can't wait for the next episode. All hell's going to let loose.

One of my favorite Godzilla movies (vs the Sea Monster) has a line from one of the characters, "I know! Let's wake up Godzilla!" and it's a perfectly sane and rational response to the situation they're in. So I am all in for The Zillo Beast Strikes Back.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Halloween Jack posted:

Your monitor is configured for Dathomir. Go to Settings and turn off Dathomode and try again

Would certainly explain the weird glow coming out the back of it :hmmyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just had to switch my streaming box to sdr to watch X-Men 97 because it was super dark for no reason so it's definitely a thing with d+ in general

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

site posted:

I just had to switch my streaming box to sdr to watch X-Men 97 because it was super dark for no reason so it's definitely a thing with d+ in general

I've never had that problem in Chrome or Firefox D+ browser version on several different types of screen

I wonder what the deal is

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Their poo poo implementation of HDR. My TV has no issues with Prime, Netflix or my own Plex but D+ shows need to be calibrated.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I remember people posting about not being able to see poo poo in the Game of Thrones spin-off (prequel I guess) show, but watching it with :filez: wasn't a problem at all. You'd think TV was a solved problem by now, but nope.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I watch that stuff exclusively via Firefox and haven't had any lighting issues at all from the official source so I'm not sure what's going on either

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I think AMCA said it was a filter to prevent epilepsy that they apply, but like, why wouldn't you have that on by default with the option to turn it off?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I think AMCA said it was a filter to prevent epilepsy that they apply, but like, why wouldn't you have that on by default with the option to turn it off?

That was specific to the inquisitor lightsabre effects, I don't think it's on everything else.

But the HDR looks absolutely beautiful to me so it's probably something that only affects certain setups. :shrug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rappaport posted:

I remember people posting about not being able to see poo poo in the Game of Thrones spin-off (prequel I guess) show, but watching it with :filez: wasn't a problem at all. You'd think TV was a solved problem by now, but nope.

It happened again with House of the Dragon. There was a nighttime beach scene and some people couldn't see poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D83SXcguwBU

This guy is cool and goes into it (11 minutes).

The gist is that they are basically mastering these on like $10,000 screens and it doesn't translate to consumer OLEDs.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I am absolutely baffled by that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sorry, the Sony HX-310 is $25,000.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Sorry, the Sony HX-310 is $25,000.

Jesus Christ.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Watching that it sounds like the bigger problem is consumers not turning off auto-dimming features on their TVs. I have little sympathy for that.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

feedmyleg posted:

Watching that it sounds like the bigger problem is consumers not turning off auto-dimming features on their TVs. I have little sympathy for that.

I do A LITTLE

Features like that motion smoothing frame interpellation garbage that's on everyone's parents' TV making big budget movies look like soap operas shouldn't be on BY DEFAULT

If this is something like that, it's dumb and sucks

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I was in a hotel the other week and they locked out the TV settings menu so you couldn't disable the motion smoothing. Just cruel and unusual punishment that, I swear.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Larryb posted:

I watch that stuff exclusively via Firefox and haven't had any lighting issues at all from the official source so I'm not sure what's going on either

does firefox even support hdr yet? last i heard they still haven't added that

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

site posted:

does firefox even support hdr yet? last i heard they still haven't added that

No clue, just saying I personally have no problem seeing the dark scenes others are complaining about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well that's what i mean, if you're watching it in SDR there's no problem because it's specifically a problem with their HDR