Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I'm in Japan right now and I'm deeply contemplating picking up her Daydream Hour collection or waiting on a hypothetical English licence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RuBisCO posted:

I'm in Japan right now and I'm deeply contemplating picking up her Daydream Hour collection or waiting on a hypothetical English licence

get me one?

New PV up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJFsL_rE6E

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hell yeah dude

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

kidcoelacanth posted:

hell yeah dude

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

very much digging the voice for ol' zoomy

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

i've been saying izutsumi's name wrong in my head this whole time :negative:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It'z-a-zoomy

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

very much digging the voice for ol' zoomy

They got her right, she totally sounds like a half-cat.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I kept tripping over various spoilery things while surfing fanart and such, so after episode 12 I just broke down and read the rest of the manga (until then I had been catching up with the anime after every episode or two). Wow. Dungeon Meshi just maintains the quality all the way through. So much fun. Very satisfying ending. And while the stakes go up and things get dark(er) at times, it keeps delivering laugh out loud funny moments consistently too. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this animated (I sure hope they get a second season and are able to do the entire story).

Ryoko Kui's world building and character design is top tier all the way through... and so many little details along the way that get revisited and/or turn into major pay-offs later in the story.

The earlier parts of the story (pre-red-dragon-encounter) really do a fantastic job of setting everything up, planting so many seeds (like the encounters with Thistle in the living paintings, etc), and ratcheting up the stakes from something that feels like a light dungeon diving comedy initially into the much harder hitting main story (while never giving up on the humor).

Dunmeshi elves absolutely raise the bar. Also, contact fairies are adorable and hilarious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
As someone bit disappointed with the Marcille dark magic stuff in last episode I think this ep really nailed it's scene.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yeah, izutsumi's voice sounds good

interesting but unavoidable that mithrun's gender is much more immediately apparent in anime form, just because of his voice

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Best girl is almost here

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sb2ermDsMZ1yx6lsq_720.mp4

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Ahaha. Laios's blindfold. The party's dedication to protecting Izutsumi from his monster-obsession...

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I see Izutsumi and immediately start clapping

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VideoWitch posted:

me on every re-read

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They also put out a key visual for the second cour

love Tade being all :D

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like that they just straight up recreate the elf group shot in the preview

VideoWitch posted:

this is otta -> 🫡

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

kidcoelacanth posted:

me on every re-read
i actually just caught on a recent re-read that post-chimera fight she actually (kinda) shows up a couple of chapters before her introduction, during the blizzard:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
waiting for the Netflix subs to reveal we've been reading Izutsumi's name wrong all this time and it's actually written "It's-a me"

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Apraxin posted:

i actually just caught on a recent re-read that post-chimera fight she actually (kinda) shows up a couple of chapters before her introduction, during the blizzard:

:aaa:

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

That is such a spectacular little detail... which I absolutely did not notice when reading the manga...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Chilchuck half of this episode is one of my favorite chapters. Everyone in Dungeon Meshi cares about everyone else so much :qq:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

VideoWitch posted:

Absolutely lolling at how they're obscuring Falin there.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Framing where if you know you know.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

VideoWitch posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the funniest chapters on my reread were definitely the succubus chapters, probably not a coincidence those are izutsumi spotlight chapters

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Having Izu's flesh be pink seems wrong to me. I want her to be a tuxedo kitty!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Ah yes, we have arrive at girlie having a normal one scene in episode 13.

"Hmm, so, overwriting the Mad Mage's profane Mythos magics will require you to spend your own. Marcille, please Roll SAN".

*clack*

"Ooof... soooo... you succeed, but..."

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Synthbuttrange posted:

Having Izu's flesh be pink seems wrong to me. I want her to be a tuxedo kitty!

Have you ever seen a shaved cat

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

well its weird cause we know izutsumi is covered in fur, is the thing. it was a whole bit.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
if you look at kui's full-color illustrations (as well as the covers), izutsumi's 'white' parts tend to be painted with pink skin, sometimes with a light white down on top when she can be more detailed in her painting. the anime had to pick one or the other and went the 'this person is obviously a weird hybrid' route

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
In danger of getting too Laios about it, I imagine that if you shaved her (you monster) Izzy would have patchy skin too.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

where do you all think the second cour of the anime is going to finish off? First cour ended at chapter 30. i figure they basically have to end it before they reach thistle's house and that arc starts up, so no later than chapter 60. Chapter 55 has a dramatic cliffhanger, whereas chapter 60 has laios's conversation with the winged lion, which would be cool to see if possible

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Miss I. Zoot Zoomies's white fur looks pretty white to me :shrug: not paper-white, but it does look like off-white fur rather than light-colored flesh

sharkmafia posted:

where do you all think the second cour of the anime is going to finish off? First cour ended at chapter 30. i figure they basically have to end it before they reach thistle's house and that arc starts up, so no later than chapter 60. Chapter 55 has a dramatic cliffhanger, whereas chapter 60 has laios's conversation with the winged lion, which would be cool to see if possible

no way they're not reaching for the succubus chapters, imo

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
chapter 55 has been my bet. great cliffhanger and matches the pace set by the first twelve eps adapting four total volumes

e: the adventurer's bible is pretty unambiguous about the skintone thing i think

ghost sex fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 29, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Re-reading again, I think that they could... skip changelings (50-52) for now, ending on Griffin Soup (49) for the main party and on floor 1 for 'upstairs' (55)?

I think Floor One is more important to get to as a climax so the Canaries do something this season, otherwise it's a big tease. Bacon and Eggs is probably a better place to leave off the main party and it has some super good moments, but you can't get there without Dumplings first and I dunno what you compress to make room for it.

I hope they're not shooting for Succubus, means rushing through some stuff...

E:

14 - Sea Serpent 1 / Dryad (31,33)
15 - Sea Serpent 2 / Cockatrice (32,34)
16 - Cleaners / Sake (35,36)
17 - Harpy / Chimera (37,38)
18 - Shapshifter 1+2 (39,40)
19 - Hag + Nightmare (41,42)
20 - Ice Golem / Barometz (43,44)
21 - Egg / Golden Country (45,46)
22 - Griffin / / Floor 1 1 (47,53)
23 - Familiars / Floor 1 2 (48,54)
24 - Griffin Soup / Floor 1 4 (49,55)

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 29, 2024

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Chapter 55 is definitely the latest they cut it, it's a fairly natural stopping point and going any farther would require condensing stuff too much. I could also see them stopping at Chapter 52, Bacon and Eggs, because that's when the crew figures out their plan to Eat Falin and ends with the Canaries entering the dungeon as a cliff hanger.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Canaries should definitely be given something to do in this season so yeah 55 seems natural.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Now I'm waffling. Bacon and eggs does have them forming a plan and talking about the A plot in a way I think would be good to end a season. So... split up Egg some more, sprinkle it out over a couple eps. I also like them interleaving the outside and inside, it would be weird to go out on an ep where the main party doesn't appear (ie,if they did floor 1 in one chunk)

Revised:

20 - Ice Golem / Barometz / Egg (43,44,45)
21 - Golden Country / Gryphon / Egg (46,47,45)
22 - Familiar / Griffin Soup / Floor 1 1 (48,49,53)
23 - Dumplings 1+2 / Floor 1 2 (51,52,,54)
24 - Bacon and Eggs / Floor 1 4 (53,55)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Re-reading again, I think that they could... skip changelings (50-52) for now, ending on Griffin Soup (49) for the main party and on floor 1 for 'upstairs' (55)?

I think Floor One is more important to get to as a climax so the Canaries do something this season, otherwise it's a big tease. Bacon and Eggs is probably a better place to leave off the main party and it has some super good moments, but you can't get there without Dumplings first and I dunno what you compress to make room for it.

I hope they're not shooting for Succubus, means rushing through some stuff...

E:

20 - Ice Golem / Barometz (43,44)
21 - Egg / Golden Country (45,46)
22 - Griffin / / Floor 1 1 (47,53)
23 - Familiars / Floor 1 2 (48,54)
24 - Griffin Soup / Floor 1 4 (49,55)

They better not skip changelings! It's my favorite of the bunch!

I'm also excited to see Izutsumi. I'm going to be staring and grinning at my wife when Izutsumi is on screen, because the two have very similar personalities.

Please don't tell my wife I said that she will knock my prettiest vases off the shelves.