Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was A Lot to take in, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The dwarves' horse was named Anne.

In the previous chapter, the griffon attacked the 2nd familiar by kicking with it's hind legs.

It's the little details.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What a sweet chapter. :unsmith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actually it was pretty gamey

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao those wonderful idiots

Haha my exact thought after the final panel was "those precious idiots". I can't wait to see what happens next :allears:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't get what the changeling mushrooms do. Why'd they replace a griffin with a hippogriff?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Tetracube posted:

I don't get what the changeling mushrooms do. Why'd they replace a griffin with a hippogriff?

because they change things into something different but similar, e.g., a person into a troll or a griffin into a hippogriff

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Welp.

Time for Episode 2 of 'Laius is a Dog' Boogaloo.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I picked up volume 6 today and the cover is great (dwarf lady and Shuro fight an endless onslaught of shapeshifters). One of the omakes is pretty funny as well, the gang watches an elven soap opera courtesy of Marcille's dreams, which somehow spans 3 seasons.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

EponymousMrYar posted:

Welp.

Time for Episode 2 of 'Laius is a Dog' Boogaloo.

I dunno... we did recently have the genderswap omake... Maybe it'll become canon!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I marathoned through this

good as hell

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eonwe posted:

I marathoned through this

good as hell

:yeah:

JigHexadecimal
Dec 22, 2007

Snap into a big gear.
I bought all six volumes today. I was grinning like an idiot reading vol. 1 in public. I’m also a pretty dedicated GM, so my head is swimming with how to implement the lore in my campaigns.

Already intend to give the player of a certain dwarf barbarian a copy of Tetracube’s wonderful food rules. His party is currently in the Feywild and primed to do some recreational hunting. But because the barbarian is illiterate, he can’t just have a notebook. The player will have to spring this knowledge on the PCs as it becomes relevant. That’ll be a good tilt.

I’m otherwise big on describing food in TTRPG stories, because it seems to me like food itself elegantly informs us about the people preparing and eating it. Like how novice adventurers pack in cured meat and bread, while experienced adventurers manage better nutrition by foraging, and perform better as a direct result.

It would also be just so much more fun to invent recipes on the spot than to remind people to tick off another unit of rations off their character inventory.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new chapter
This series continues to be one of the best currently going. God loving damnit!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

God loving damnit!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I like how the author continues to find a way to draw a sexy Senshi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I like how the author continues to find a way to draw a sexy Senshi

you piece of poo poo, senshi was always sexy.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Laughing hard at literally every panel of Extra Sexy Senshi.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
Yesterday was a good day to binge this

what a great manga

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Today was a good day to binge this.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The mangaka had way too much fun drawing this

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Ryoko Kui wants you to know that Senshi is extremely hot regardless of what form he is at the moment
Full of Big Taako Energy over there

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Tiny Marcille is adorable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everyone is adorable

Except chilchak, he just looks run down

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Hell, same.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I just noticed: that's the same dog as the one he turns into briefly during Marcille's Nightmare. Laius wants to be that dog, specifically.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

We all want to be dog.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Nothing could prepare me for sexy fabio Senshi. And Senshi seems weirdly into being sexy useless elf. :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
That aside, I like how the author used this chapter to highlight differences between races that aren't immediately obvious. Like: halflings have almost zero mana so they're useless as wizards; dwarfs are super strong but super low in stamina so they have to be careful not to over-exert; kobolds have heightened senses but those can overwhelm them and send them into a frenzy; elves are fabulous and have high mana but they're useless when it comes to carrying things or close-in fights.

And humans... Are humans I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Everyone is adorable

Except chilchak, he just looks run down

chilchak is a middle aged deadbeat dad. the outside now matches the inside.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

chilchak is a middle aged deadbeat dad. the outside now matches the inside.

Oh poo poo I forgot the deadbeat dad part. He totally looks the part now, yeah.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Mikl posted:

She decided that humans in-setting are exactly as good as what humans are built for in real life: endurance.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

stupid sexy senshi

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Marcille's faces in this chapter were unbearably cute. Senshi looks like Jesus in Saint Young Men.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I really do have to question why Toshiro made the signal device a bell and not something less prone to signalling while in motion. Hell, a scroll with some condition for conveying a message would seem more up their alley and less annoying.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mighty Dicktron posted:

She decided that humans in-setting are exactly as good as what humans are built for in real life: endurance.

Chilchack gonna chase down a gazelle.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

I really do have to question why Toshiro made the signal device a bell and not something less prone to signalling while in motion. Hell, a scroll with some condition for conveying a message would seem more up their alley and less annoying.

A bell is incredibly simple and easy to use.

Laius is still messing it up.

And you want him to read a magic scroll!?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Mikl posted:

That aside, I like how the author used this chapter to highlight differences between races that aren't immediately obvious. Like: halflings have almost zero mana so they're useless as wizards; dwarfs are super strong but super low in stamina so they have to be careful not to over-exert; kobolds have heightened senses but those can overwhelm them and send them into a frenzy; elves are fabulous and have high mana but they're useless when it comes to carrying things or close-in fights.

Wasn't the guy leading the dwarf lady's new group a halfling mage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cryophage posted:

Wasn't the guy leading the dwarf lady's new group a halfling mage?

He was gnome mage IIRC.