Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
curry places i go to have little spicyness icons indicating how spicy each curry is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dolash posted:

Picked up the first book of this at the bookstore today after hearing it generallly recommended. I'm not a big manga reader or anime watcher (the only one i actually read is My Hero Academia, which i fell into by chance while recovering from an eye condition), but I love D&D, and this is great!

I tried searching to see if there's a show and it looks like there isn't, which is too bad. Still far from caught up on the comic though.

That's really all i got. Comic is good.

Edit: I guess to give this post more content, are there any more recommendations for this author, or this genre? My sense is that most fantasy adventurer anime/manga is kinda garbage, but if there's more like this around i'd be interested to see it!

one piece

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dolash posted:

Manga's not normally my thing, and for the most part glancing at the big manga hasn't really changed my mind. My Hero Academia's waaay out of my usual interests but I just fell into a collection of it while my eyes were too messed up to look at any kind of screen, so I've got a soft spot for it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

A lot of these other ideas look like they could be good, apart from the drifting dragon one I hadn't seen them before. I'll have to see how many I can find at the bookstore or the library next time I'm there.

Also just met the cat person and they look like they'll round out the party. I can't tell at what chapter this thread started, I'd like to be able to check in on your real-time reactions when I get to the right part. Which chapter should I start reading the thread at?

if you enjoy this manga you will enjoy one piece for the same reasons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the anime actually has me thinking of resurrection sickness specifically as the consequence of a reset gut biome

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just finished the first 12 episodes. im thinking season 1 is gonna end with senshi and the hippogryph soup

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just finished my first reread since the last chapter was published and i think dungeon meshi has landed in my top 3 all time manga along with golden kamuy and one piece. just so unbelievably funny and compelling. im glad the anime is doing it justice

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the funniest chapters on my reread were definitely the succubus chapters, probably not a coincidence those are izutsumi spotlight chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lmao