Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Henker
May 5, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

One of my favorite bits, now that I've gone back and read the middle after missing a lot of it in serialization, is how the Canaries honestly hardly ever do anything sketchy. In fact, they're frequently reasonable and willing to negotiate, and they hardly ever threaten to do any of the things that elves are infamous for doing. They just have really bad attitudes and work for a government with a bad reputation, and as a result nobody thinks its in their best interests for the elves to get what they want.
One of my favorite smaller details is that Pattadol looks constantly annoyed at everyone and everything. If one of your main spokespeople is a moody, high-strung teenager (Pattadol is the elf equivalent of like 17) and the rest are literal criminals, yeah no one is going to want to help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henker
May 5, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

On the flip side, if you were a teenager assigned to serving under one of the most accomplished captains who is now suffering from demon-induced depression/hyperfixation and your coworker is guilty of murder and also wants to kill you someday

(And also you're by far the youngest person in the squad that you're nominally in charge of)

You'd be pretty high strung too

Oh yeah, it's definitely a poo poo job. I'd be annoyed all the time too if one day my parents said, "Hey guess what, we're shipping you to a foreign country to serve as a warden for a penal military unit!".

Henker
May 5, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I like the character beats revealed by Senshi's diary in the supplementary materials. Namely that

a) He is very upset at Laios and Marcille for press-ganging a poor orphaned tallman child into lockpicking service
b) He will not say a word about this if it gets him closer to eating the red dragon
Senshi is a character who IMO lacks flaws compared to the rest of the main cast, but I do enjoy that he sucks at understanding basic facts the other human races (like correctly determining their age).

Henker fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 8, 2024

Henker
May 5, 2009

Everyone's hyped for the cat, but I'm more hyped for elf Suicide Squad.

Henker
May 5, 2009

At least they're all specced into different talent trees.