Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

I like Dungeon Meshi so much its one of the few mangas i own a physical copy of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

amigolupus posted:

I love that Laius and Chilchack were in complete sync on what to do there. :allears:

Yeah, he's such a swell guy. It's really interesting that we see Laius and his friends are all good people, but the chapter with the other party talking about them shows that they all have super sketchy reputations above ground.

Laius’ sketchy reputation is at least in part literally because he was too nice to sketchy people...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
My favorite part is how much of an idiot Laius is lol. "Oh and Kabru. He seemed interested in eating monsters"

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tetracube posted:

It's just magic that happens when something dungeon-like forms. Marcille and Farlyn are able to invoke weird dungeon magic by making miniature dungeons in essentially pitri dishes.

It's probably impossible to explain dungeons forming naturally without invoking magic. So essentially, a wizard did it.

The dungeon that Farlyn is pulling dirt and spirits from in this bit is a naturally occuring cave that naturally happens to have an excess of Mana. It's called a Dungeon multiple times, so I think some dungeons are naturally occuring.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Ive been thinking about laius` desires, and other than rescuing Farlyn, what are his actual desires? Run the dungeon as a thriving ecosystem where monsters and castle dwellers and outsiders can live in harmony?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Can a demon be benevolent in this series or are they only malevolent?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

also yeah feels like more and more we are heading into a marcille dungeon master swerve

Her desire to resurrect old magic seems more exploitable as the lord of the dungeon tbh.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
the panel where even Mr Tance is imagining Laius creating some horrifying monster was perfect

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 15, 2021

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Laios is going to lose his sense of taste. He still gets to feast, he still gets Farlyn returning, but he cant enjoy any new flavors.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This was a great chapter, I really enjoyed this whole manga. Its been an amazing story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Reminds me of the time my mom tried to vacuum lice off my head because she didn't want to have to shave my head.