Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The latest chapter had some straight up laugh out loud moments.

'Thank you.'
THUNK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The best part is when you notice Chilchack is wearing a sack made out whatever leftovers they could stitch together.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dungeon Meshi chapter 49 is out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The dwarves' horse was named Anne.

In the previous chapter, the griffon attacked the 2nd familiar by kicking with it's hind legs.

It's the little details.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like how the dude who ordered their deaths was teleported specifically so that only his face is left uncovered and nothing else.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Shamelessly stolen from /tg/:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

When you have an instant-teleportation hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Man it's so cool how effortlessly the elves chumped the Mad Sorceror. Like yeah there's the excuse there's no mana at the top but that was an amazingly efficient takedown.

Really shows you that they do this poo poo on the regular just to make a living.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are we not counting the time ran away from the dragon while everyone was in a bind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

wonder what the captain's status is. Becoming dungeon lord and getting eaten seems like criminal behaviour, but, well, he's the one in charge of the group.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

When Laius mentions killer rabbits Marcille asks what on earth he's talking about but Chilchak just shudders because he's been in the business long enough to have heard the tale. I love these little details.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Poor Itsuzumi.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Thistle is pure evil.

Stole all of Farlyn's berries and didn't even care

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kabru has good taste in curry. Butter chicken is the poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ancient sorcerors don't get that way by being easy to kill.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

All of them got Marcille's hair wrong

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What a time to get tongue-tied.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In fairness even without Laios' unique trains of thought there's still a fair chance of any adventurer attempting to hack, squirm, or otherwise attack their way out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh no!

The manga's taking a break for January

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The panelwork is really good this chapter.

The Winged Lion keeps breaking out of the panel boundaries and coming in from the 'edge' of the page, which really helps contribute to the sense of otherworldly wrongness.

And the part where Laios looks over and sees the rest of the party's 'This is a horrible idea' face was also really striking by breaking each face into each panel

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also the stated method for achieving her goal is infinite dungeon expansion, and even (or especially?) a monster nut like Laios can tell you that dungeons are dangerous at the best of times.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RiP Octodad

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If Marcille wants my support the least she could do is get the Lion to give her a slightly less awful outfit

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

They still haven't eaten Thistle, so I think Marcille is safe.

The Lion literally grabbed his desires out in a crystalline chunk and nommed it. Sure his physical body is still in the house (somewhere?) but it's not looking bright for him after he got his Chapter title spree.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kabru, externally: Don't worry, Laios. I trust you.

Kabru, internally: Oh poo poo oh gently caress oh crapbaskets

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why does the Winged Lion have human teeth :gonk:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like how Marcille roasts Itsuzumi's desire by dropping a book on ethics next to her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1556939694230966272

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Time for maximum OM NOM NOM

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I really like the Kabru/Canary dynamic. With Misrun especially, but all of them in general too.

And his mom coming over to meet him (and forgetting when tallman puberty occurs) is both funny and sweet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

Kui felt bad for doodling a short comic about Farlyn wanting a cake but then not showing her eat that cake.
Somehow I feel like the manga will have a happy ending.

Also the existence of chocolate in the Dungeon Meshi universe proves the existence of Dungeon Meshi Mesoamerica. Give us the Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors that are just straight up eagles and jaguars, you coward

Counterpoint: There's no reason to feel bad if you indeed plan on making it up to her later. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like how pissed off Mithrun is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Only Laios would read about a world devouring, desire consuming demon and go 'Wow, I wonder what desire tastes like. I should add it to my dream monster design.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Is anyone else having issues getting the new chapter to load? I went and checked old ones and they work fine, but this new one just gives me a "click to retry" button. I've tried on two different devices.

managdex has some issues due to the release of new JoJo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah the Winged Lion spoke to Mithrun as someone who knew each other personally.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

He will try tearing open the dimensions to go stab the demon on its home turf

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nebrilos posted:

Also, Misurn is going to die now, right? He had no desires other than "revenge on the demon" and now there's no more revenge to be had.

Misurn and Thistle's body MiA for this chapter, notably.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'If you're completely directionless and don't know what to do: First things first: Eat a good meal and get some rest.'

Love this manga

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Orc reaction changed when Laius started talking about the T&A so that is pretty much on Laius being an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

can't help noticing Laios seems rather unenthusiastic about the meal